• Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Boredom personified

Snooker is not winning today!
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Said he wouldn't win the frame !

He should have walked away 20 minute ago after Selby had all those flukey shots :(
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would shut up about Steve peters
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7-1 is a great session result for the Leicester player. I can't see how a five or six frame gap would've made for a better game.

Steve comparing the last frame to his own in 1985, another great comeback which would probably bored the pants off today's quick hit fans but the greatest match of all time for me.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Boredom personified

:confused: One of the most exciting sessions in a while
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some crazy snooker in this year's championship but today really does take the biscuit
  • chrisdebagchrisdebag Posts: 102,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boredom personified

nonsense it is very exiciting

did you see the 1985 final

not the greatest standard especially final session but the most exciting night you can ever see
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    I'm off out to a pub quiz tonight thought I'd miss the finish but not a chance now be lucky if it's the interval by the time I get back lol!

Well im up at 4am so no chance of me staying up. I'll watch it tomorrow after work and try to avoid seeing result.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Said he wouldn't win the frame !

He should have walked away 20 minute ago after Selby had all those flukey shots :(

Constant luck is astonishing and none of this has been earned.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this still game going on ? I looked in this thread yesterday afternoon and people were talking like it was so one sided. Ronnie would win the sessio. 7-1 and the match by early afternoon. Selby would get less than 5 frames etc. just shows there is a hell of a lot of crap spoken on here doesn't it. Think I will drop by again tomorrow when it's just us snooker fans again

Mark Selbore - genius. Oscar Wilde will be spinning in his grave. The poster must know very little about snooker.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Constant luck is astonishing and none of this has been earned.

Who do you want to win ;)
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    7-1 is a great session result for the Leicester player. I can't see how a five or six frame gap would've made for a better game.

Steve comparing the last frame to his own in 1985, another great comeback which would probably bored the pants off today's quick hit fans but the greatest match of all time for me.

5-1. They played 6 frames. Was 10-7 overnight.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen Ronnie like this for a while, incedible miss it really was.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the 'boring' complaints at all! I'm loving this today, it's really exciting stuff!
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is o'sullivan playing at, he's been shocking this session, even i would pot that ball ten times out of ten at the snooker club, his head has gone unfortunately, hopefully he can get it back in time for the final session...
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »

They only played six frames in the session. So it was 5-1 to Selby.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, this could be a late night, could break the record (which I've just been reminded on twitter is 12:54am!), have to favour Selby to win now, that was a massive frame, could it also be the first decider in a final since 2002?!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how anyone can find this boring. :confused: I am finding it fascinating to watch. Snooker is not all about huge breaks ... this is great to watch! :):)

That pink will be remembered for a while should Ronnie go on to lose the match.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is o'sullivan playing at, he's been shocking this session, even i would pot that ball ten times out of ten at the snooker club, his head has gone unfortunately, hopefully he can get it back in time for the final session...

maybe you would, but would you pot it in the Crucible, in front of millions of people watching round the world, after losing 6 of the last 7 frames?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

40 minute frames do his head in. Simple as that. He freely admits it. Even talked about Selby's style of play in his book. They have history. It winds him up. He's been better at dealing with it recently but ultimately Ronnie wants to play quick Snooker where he gets in the balls and clears up with some impressive pots along the way and some great positional play. He gets excited by that style of play. He enjoys it the most. Selby is starving him of this type of Snooker by playing the way he is. Which he's entitled to do. But it means we get scrappy low break games that last 40 minutes. Right now this final is a battle of play styles rather than a battle of players.. and Selby's play style is winning.
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent seen a replay of the pink yet and never paid much attention once the blue went in as the pink looked so easy Did Ronnie miscount and play to get on the black?
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately it seems his demons have returned. The way Selby's playing isn't pretty but very effective against Ronnie, and ironically Selby's lack of fluency is helping him by making the frames more scrappy.

PS - has he got Ebdon in his corner?
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I don't understand the 'boring' complaints at all! I'm loving this today, it's really exciting stuff!

I don't think it's particularly boring but equally it's easy to see why some people might find it so. Not much imagination required at all. It comes down to taste and there's no right or wrong. For me it's not a great final but I've seen worse.

Bottom line is that a lot of people's judgement on this, whether or not they admit it, will be greatly influenced by the result they want.
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Well this is very worrying indeed and I did think after it went 10-7 last night when Ronnie could have had a five frame advantage that there was every chance Mark could come out today and make it a lot tighter.

I was initially annoyed they were ending the session early as I was hoping for Ronnie to have a chance to take a 14-11 advantage but after that pink it's a very good job they've been taken off.

I think Selby will take this, I'm gutted :(
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »

Me too. Some frames just go that way. Don't really understand why selby is called boring. Not all frames are straight foward and big breaks.
This discussion has been closed.