Options

Well done to Ashleigh, for calling Winston out on his sexist comments

Comments

• Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    I did think the emphasis on who got the least in each category was way too strong. No-one was voted least for anything, they just got the least votes for most.

But basically Winston got the best end of that task...all the others had horrible things labelled at them.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Winston is still a nasty knuckle dragging fool who women would run a mile from.

Not really, judging from the answers in that task there are a lot of women viewers who like Winston, your comment seems more like what you wish reality would be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    Not really, judging from the answers in that task there are a lot of women viewers who like Winston, your comment seems more like what you wish reality would be

It is reality....some women might fancy him but most women who have the power of thought would keep well away from him.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for Ashliegh!

He's exactly the same type of bloke as Marlon....creepy boring, vain and sexist.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is reality....some women might fancy him but most women who have the power of thought would keep well away from him.

Still baffles me how any woman could find that gurning fool attractive:o
    His head looks too small for his body and that idiotic quizzical look he has on his mush just makes him look vacant & simple. Oh the hyena laughing at other hm's misfortune is such a turn off too.>:(
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad she called him out on his comments as that BB task was clearly meant to make Winston look like a saint.

Yep ,I'm no Fan of Ashleigh ,but i'm glad she had the Balls to tell him to his Face she found him Creepy at the start due to all his Sexual Comments about time someone pulled him up on it ,instead of him always being the one to get off scott free >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is reality....some women might fancy him

In your head maybe, but at least you instantly contradicted yourself :D
    cah wrote: »
    Yep ,I'm no Fan of Ashleigh ,but i'm glad she had the Balls to tell him to his Face she found him Creepy at the start due to all his Sexual Comments about time someone pulled him up on it ,instead of him always being the one to get off scott free >:(

Maybe the others just aren't stuck-up prudes and it doesn't bother them
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When The Lads were all making Sexual Comments about Women ,Ash and Marlon got vilified out here ,yet by comparison Winston got off scott free >:( ,so it was more the people outside i was referring to ,so i was glad Ashleigh had the balls to mention it to him and it was shown

The only other H/M we've seen pull Winston up on anything was Mark ,when he pulled him up on all the Stirring he comes out with about others then Helen runs with it ,and she's the one hetting into trouble while he gets off scott free
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    Yes well done, doesn't quite gloss over the fact she said she'd smash Christopher's head through a mirror 5 minutes before though, eh?

Hard to fathom how anyone actually still likes Ashleigh.

I know i cant fathom the Helen love but there ya go :o
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    When The Lads were all making Sexual Comments about Women ,Ash and Marlon got vilified out here ,yet by comparison Winston got off scott free >:( ,so it was more the people outside i was referring to ,so i was glad Ashleigh had the balls to mention it to him and it was shown

The only other H/M we've seen pull Winston up on anything was Mark ,when he pulled him up on all the Stirring he comes out with about others then Helen runs with it ,and she's the one hetting into trouble while he gets off scott free

I don't think Winston was even present during the '**** bucket' conversation, which is what Marlon and Ash got the most stick for.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he is sexist...right?

"birds" Constant talk (in the crudest possible way) about womens body parts.

What's wrong with 'birds'?

It's just a regional thing.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, she was a bit of a cow there...but she and Christopher will make up.
    There getting on lovely today apparently :D Funny that isn't it friends do tend to fall out a tad sometimes and make up it happens haha
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashleigh only speaks in order to strengthen her own position in the house. She undermines others - usually covertly , or fakes admiration or friendship , purely for her own ends.

If she is ever 'exposed' she makes a fake public apology , sometimes adorned with tears - again all designed to influence things back in her favour.

She is plotting to win by forming alliances or by airing views designed to influence the public vote.

So good then that if she does win she has expressed an intention to donate her winnings to charity

I wonder what are the odds of that actually happening ? So devious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    There getting on lovely today apparently :D Funny that isn't it friends do tend to fall out a tad sometimes and make up it happens haha

Of course, friends know they can be honest with eachother. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    What's wrong with 'birds'?

It's just a regional thing.

Nothing is wrong with birds...just Winston I can't stand.

The guy just can't win this show...we can't have two terrible winners in a row.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    How did she call Winston out? Calling him out would have been pulling him up about his sexual comments when they were made, not five weeks later during a task.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member

So im a "stuck up prude" then because i found all his sexist talk about women degrading then?
    Good Grief!!!:o:confused:
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    What exactly is Winston meant to have said? Why shouldn't he be able to comment on somebody's looks? Are people really saying that the female HMs never make such comments?

Ashleigh was supposedly happy with Chris reaching forward and grabbing her ankle for no discernible reason, although she probably didn't take note of it at the time. The hug he gave her the other night was a bit over the top.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still baffles me how any woman could find that gurning fool attractive:o
    His head looks too small for his body and that idiotic quizzical look he has on his mush just makes him look vacant & simple. Oh the hyena laughing at other hm's misfortune is such a turn off too.>:(

This sounds like Ash to me, especially the gurning/hyena laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    So im a "stuck up prude" then because i found all his sexist talk about women degrading then?

Sounds like it, yeah. Nobody has managed to provide any examples of him discriminating against anyone on the basis of gender yet so all this 'sexist' talk looks like a flimsy attempt to discredit him
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »

It worries me how many people who would say that may be now or will be parents, what on earth will they be teaching the next generation ?
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes well done, doesn't quite gloss over the fact she said she'd smash Christopher's head through a mirror 5 minutes before though, eh?

Hard to fathom how anyone actually still likes Ashleigh.

The same could be said about Helen!!. This stumps me but each to their own eh.:p

Oh and Ashleigh seems to be liked a lot more than Helen, so she's doing something right for some people.:D

You'll just have to keep 'fathoming';-)
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of wanting to smash Christopher's head though the mirror, she should look in it.

No need, she has Chris to tell her she's the fairest in all the land....
  • Options
    sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    kikka wrote: »
    Ashleigh only speaks in order to strengthen her own position in the house. She undermines others - usually covertly , or fakes admiration or friendship , purely for her own ends.

If she is ever 'exposed' she makes a fake public apology , sometimes adorned with tears - again all designed to influence things back in her favour.

She is plotting to win by forming alliances or by airing views designed to influence the public vote.

So good then that if she does win she has expressed an intention to donate her winnings to charity

I wonder what are the odds of that actually happening ? So devious.

These accusations could be levelled at any housemate IMO

BIB
    So you know her personally then?
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    These accusations could be levelled at any housemate IMO

BIB
    So you know her personally then?
    Several of the others seem to just concentrate on getting along with others with no specific agenda.