Gary is the biggest game player in there

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stan_B wrote: »
    I don't like the guy but the way he has manipulated the other housemates and most of you lot shows what a truly remarkable actor he is.

Anyone remember the task where he was supposed to have a balloon phobia. Worst bit of acting I have ever seen, but it was intentionally bad. He knew what he was doing and wanted to lose the task.

He is 2 different people in that house. Contrast the way he hears things, how he speaks and acts in the diary room to when he is with his housemates. No way is he as deaf as he makes out.

Think about all the strange things he has done in there. Is that the real Gary Busey or the actor Gary Busey. His knee went out so he had to drop his jeans in the middle of the kitchen. Good acting Gary!

He is trying to provoke arguments and make the other housemates dislike him whilst still getting the sympathy vote.

The guy must have been coached before he went in there. He knows what the public wants and is giving it to them. By far the biggest game player in that house.

Just think about it....

HONK ! :D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't care whether he's acting, whether he's brain-damaged, deaf, manipulative, passive aggressive or playing a game or all of the aforementioned - he's the only one I care enough about to vote for (I might chuck a couple Audley's way too) HONK!! Yeah!! Burp :D:p

Throw one for me to RS.;-) Can't vote but would do so for good old Gary:D
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I don't like the guy but the way he has manipulated the other housemates and most of you lot shows what a truly remarkable actor he is.

Anyone remember the task where he was supposed to have a balloon phobia. Worst bit of acting I have ever seen, but it was intentionally bad. He knew what he was doing and wanted to lose the task.

He is 2 different people in that house. Contrast the way he hears things, how he speaks and acts in the diary room to when he is with his housemates. No way is he as deaf as he makes out.

Think about all the strange things he has done in there. Is that the real Gary Busey or the actor Gary Busey. His knee went out so he had to drop his jeans in the middle of the kitchen. Good acting Gary!

He is trying to provoke arguments and make the other housemates dislike him whilst still getting the sympathy vote.

The guy must have been coached before he went in there. He knows what the public wants and is giving it to them. By far the biggest game player in that house.

Just think about it....

You have no idea, if Gary was playing a game do you really think he would pull his trousers down to adjust his knee in the kitchen!? Was he coached to do this!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I raise a HONK for that, RS !! :D

I'll match that HONK and raise you a YAY !! :D
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I'll match that HONK and raise you a YAY !! :D

HONK HONK YAY !!

...and that is my truth. :D
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Maybe he is a game player, maybe not.

I do tend to find win up merchants more objectionable than the people that respond to them, simply because one is a controlled attempt to annoy and the other is usually an uncontrolled emotional response, which is why I find it difficult to condemn Dee and co without also condemning Gary.
  • Flo71Flo71 Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take that as a compliment, on his behalf.

Honk...for Gary.:D

Lol, who's making the 'Honk ... for Gary' bumper stickers? :D I'll take 2.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I judge the best female HONKER ? :D lol
  • Landon3333Landon3333 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    NightFalls wrote: »
    You have no idea, if Gary was playing a game do you really think he would pull his trousers down to adjust his knee in the kitchen!? Was he coached to do this!?

Seriously. People are so stupid it's painful.

Go watch his other reality TV stints, he's no devious mastermind; game-playing, faking deafness, pretending to be zany and socially awkward. It's all an act right? Wrong. That's who he is.

He wants to win for sure, which of them doesn't?

People are implying he's pulling some masterful Keyser Soze act and once he's won he'll transform into the real Gary and laugh at us all. F*cking ludicrous.

He's a rather intelligent, quirky old man with parts of his brain not functioning on all cylinders.

Audley's the only one with a clue in there.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how the hell can he manipulate them, they never listen to him..
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit that the guy is a bloody good actor but too many people have fallen for it and actually think it's all real That is the point that I am trying to make.

If you think its entertaining well fair enough I can't disagree but what I don't like is some of the sympathy going Gary's way when most of the situations in there are manipulated by him.

See I don't think he's a good actor at all. I think it's really obvious what he's been doing and up to recently, I found it and him entertaining. But I'm now tired of him and his spiritual guru bag of tricks, it's just gotten lame and old, and he doesn't have a witty or interesting enough personality to compensate for the boredom.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but there's just not enough there to stay interested in him as a HM.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a positive OP all HONK for Gary :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landon3333 wrote: »
    Pretty much. People are so stupid it's painful.

Go watch his other reality TV stints, he's no devious mastermind; game-playing, faking deafness, pretending to be zany and socially awkward. It's all an act right? Wrong. That's who he is.

He wants to win for sure, which of them doesn't?

People are implying he's pulling some masterful Keyser Soze act and once he's won he'll transform into the real Gary and laugh at us all. F*cking ludicrous.

He's a rather intelligent, quirky old man with parts of his brain not functioning on all cylinders.

Audley's the only one with a clue in there.

Well said. I do think Lauren and possibly Edele though are showing glimmers of understanding. I hope so anyway and that it's not a game play because of the evictions :)
  • Landon3333Landon3333 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    cherry pip wrote: »
    Well said. I do think Lauren and possibly Edele though are showing glimmers of understanding. I hope so anyway and that it's not a game play because of the evictions :)

You're right, they have shown genuine compassion as well but my opinion of Edele has dropped considerably.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    I agree with you.

He does the same thing on every reality show he does. He knows what he is doing. The other housemates have reacted the way he and the production team wanted them to. Constantly wind up and then when you get a reaction...BINGO! I don't really have a problem with this strategy but the whole "Poor Gary" thing is irritating in the extreme. It's all gone perfectly for Gary in there.

What? Shows up as himself - how SHOCKING!!!! :D:p HONK!!!
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    Yes he can be manipulative, at times, but that has nothing to do with acting. It's an environment where it is against the rules to be aggressive, so being passive aggressive, for him, is the only way to fight; he seems better at this than the others.
    I don't see how it would benefit him to lose the task and it just proves he's not so great an actor. But balloon phobia must be quite a rare thing, who knows what way to act it out.
    He has a hearing problem but | imagine he is quite capable of using this disadvantage to his advantage, he wouldn't be the first elderly hearing-impaired person to do so.
    Yeah, he is a strange kind of guy, a bit eccentric (sometimes he definitely plays this up) As for the knee thing, it's probably real and he did have to deal with it, but he chose to deal with it there and then because he doesn't really care about what the others think. If he is playing a game, it is when he is pretending that he is there to learn from them and make adjustments, each time they say he does wrong and his game is working. He does something wrong, they get riled and he says that he accepts their judgements that he should change (this annoys them too) and he makes little efforts to seem to do these changes but is really still doing things that annoy them and they then are the ones to look bad, if they go on for longer. Personally I have no problem with his game because, from what little we see, a lot of the others' complaints are petty and judgmental towards him and he is a foil to their own games.
    Leading on from what I already said, If he comes across as a victim, it is their fault.
    I'd say he is enjoying their discomfort with this and he doesn't really give a shit what they think nor does he believe that they have anything to teach him, IMO anyway.

Just think about it....

He seems to have a good idea as to how the UK BB works. He probably researched it himself. He rants on about being on a journey and his 'prayers' in the garden are not to any God, but to the British public. He's no fool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landon3333 wrote: »
    You're right, they have shown genuine compassion as well but my opinion of Edele has dropped considerably.

It's been hit and miss with Edele hasn't it. Just when she shows signs of waking up to what is happening, she pulls something out of her hat that has you rolling your eyes.

Lauren does seem to be coming around but I just hope it isn't because of the evictions. Audley, I can't fault as he's maintained his composure throughout.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your post made me snigger a bit :D:D
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So hang on, what you are saying is that this actor has been acting 24/7 for a month apart from the acting task when he deliberately didn't and that he went out of his way to wind everyone up so he was nominated every time as some kind of winning game plan? Hmm..seems a bit of a stretch to me
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cherry pip wrote: »
    Your post made me snigger a bit :D:D

Me too :D

Seriously though - one minute we're being told he's not being himself, yet then we're being told he's been the same on everything he's appeared on.

Oh what what what is the truth :o

HONK!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    So hang on, what you are saying is that this actor has been acting 24/7 for a month apart from the acting task when he deliberately didn't and that he went out of his way to wind everyone up so he was nominated every time as some kind of winning game plan? Hmm..seems a bit of a stretch to me

Isn't it wonderful though, how nobody is quite sure whether it's one thing or the other ? That's what I love about Gary and what makes him a great housemate lol

HONK !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too :D

Seriously though - one minute we're being told he's not being himself, yet then we're being told he's been the same on everything he's appeared on.

Oh what what what is the truth :o

HONK!

Sometimes Dangermoose an appropriate witty remark and smiley have me reeling. Easily tickled I am :D

I couldn't agree with you more. I was looking on Gary's Facebook page today and found this little video. People are saying he's acting as you know.
    So why is this video showing him as the same Gary that we see on BB?

It doesn't wash with me because I genuinely believe that Gary is Gary and that is what we are watching :)
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    I raise a HONK for that, RS !! :D

And me! If he is acting he is still funnier than the rest, if he us deliberately winding them up then good for him, whatever the case he is value and has earned his fee..........rather him than ciggie raddled Dee or nasty arrogant James or smug George or dense RiccI.......

I do admit to having somewhat of a crush on Audley though. :cool:

Hoooooooonk!
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shows up as himself, over-exaggerates his eccentricities to wind up others, then plays the "wasn't me guv, what are you talking about?" card to gain public support and attention.

It's his reality TV party trick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    Shows up as himself, over-exaggerates his eccentricities to wind up others, then plays the "wasn't me guv, what are you talking about?" card to gain public support and attention.

It's his reality TV party trick.

HONK ! ;)