Options

Blinkbox

burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just started a subscription with LoveFilm to watch movies on my Xbox and I'm disappointed with the range of films offered. Admittedly, I have the cheapest basic subscription, but they are offering films that I can buy for £1.99 in the supermarket.

Thought I'd try Blinkbox. Anyone had experience with Blinkbox on Xbox 360?

Comments

• Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I've just started a subscription with LoveFilm to watch movies on my Xbox and I'm disappointed with the range of films offered. Admittedly, I have the cheapest basic subscription, but they are offering films that I can buy for £1.99 in the supermarket.

Thought I'd try Blinkbox. Anyone had experience with Blinkbox on Xbox 360?

Blinkbox is only PPV.

To get the most up to date films available on a monthly subscription, you need to get Now TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used Blinkbox for one or two movies, and the service is OK as far as it goes, but I have noticed that many of the films and TV series are available on Netflix, which is much better value.

With a Netflix and a UnblockUS subscription, you get access to the UK, US, Canadian and other versions of Netflix for less than a tenner per month. Between them you get a very good selection of Movies and TV.

NowTV on the Xbox has been bugged for while now and is using the wrong black level, meaning that the picture looks kind of washed out.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Xbox-360/An-update-on-the-Xbox-black-level-bug-please/td-p/59990

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Xbox-360/I-am-watching-the-films-through-my-xbox-why-is-the-picture-so/td-p/11346/page/4

I wouldn't bother with NowTV on the Xbox until they get around to fixing it, or you'll be playing with the color settings everytime you want to watch a movie.