The Walking Dead Series 5 (US PACE)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    From Abraham's point of view, he has no clarification that Dayrl and Carol are coming back, and his mission is specifically to get Eugene to Washington. He hasn't got time to sit around and wait to see if some people who drove off will return or not.

As for why Glenn and Maggie (and Tara) went with them? I've no idea...

Thinking of how long it has taken everyone to get to this point in time, the fact that Judith was born (at least nine months, plus quite a lot of time on Hershel's farm) I would say it's been about 2 years minimum since this thing hit the fan. Why then, if this is Abraham's mission on Earth to get Eugene to Washington, is he still faffing about in Atlanta? He should have been well on his way there by now. Get a working vehicle, and drive. So I don't get why a few more days wait would have hurt them. Plus splitting up the group straight after it's just been reunited in a such a harrowing way strikes me as an odd decision.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The argument about whether or not to get on the road to Washington was the context for the real struggle; between Rick and Abraham for control/leadership of the group. As it turned out Abraham managed to peel off both Glen and Maggie but, in light of recent events, it would've made much more sense to me if both Tyrese and Sasha had departed instead. And Tyrese is getting on my last nerve so his going would've been an added bonus for me. I guess they didn't follow my logic because they would have had to go out and recruit some more black survivors, to maintain the quota.

Given the casting cross-over from The Wire, I thought I'd recommend drafting in several actors from Justified aswell. I've just thoroughly enjoyed a weekend marathon of that show and have to say many of the actors in it would be perfect for a new tribe of survivors on TWD.
  • The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more slower episode but still had the key bits of action thats needed.

its good to see the gang really starting to lose the humanity side. i think Glen and Maggie could see that they were turning into people they didn't quite get now with how brutal they butchered Gareth and co.

I also found it a bit off that they are the ones to go to DC.

What do you all think happened's next week in terms of the ending with Daryl? is it Carol? Beth? Both? or something totally different?
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Abraham's point of view, he has no clarification that Dayrl and Carol are coming back, and his mission is specifically to get Eugene to Washington. He hasn't got time to sit around and wait to see if some people who drove off will return or not.

As for why Glenn and Maggie (and Tara) went with them? I've no idea...

Glen and Tara proved really useful to Abraham and co during a few fights and they been travelling with his group longer than the rest of the prison group were so he probabaly trusts them the most. He'd have to take Maggie if he wanted Glen to come too
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Thinking of how long it has taken everyone to get to this point in time, the fact that Judith was born (at least nine months, plus quite a lot of time on Hershel's farm) I would say it's been about 2 years minimum since this thing hit the fan. Why then, if this is Abraham's mission on Earth to get Eugene to Washington, is he still faffing about in Atlanta? He should have been well on his way there by now. Get a working vehicle, and drive. So I don't get why a few more days wait would have hurt them. Plus splitting up the group straight after it's just been reunited in a such a harrowing way strikes me as an odd decision.

When Glen met this group didn't they say they started from Florida?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    When Glen met this group didn't they say they started from Florida?

I'm not sure, it could be a possibility. It's not that I think they should be in Washington by now. I mean they probbly got sidetracked by all the walkers along the way, but I can't really understand why Maggie, Glen and Tara have to go with them? If it's because Glen and Maggie looked shocked at the groups brutality, didn't Abraham do a lot of that brutality? Also Maggie defended them killing the Terminus group inside a church because it was just "four walls and a roof".

Either way, I think it's just another ploy to sperate the stories a bit (kind of like they did with Andrea in Woodbury). I just would have liked Abraham and Ricks group to have a bit more time to interact. It doesn't make sense from Glen to depart from Rick after just reuniting with them. Plus doesn't Maggie give a toss about where Beth is? Daryl must have told her he was with her, so therefore she can't be that far, yet she's swanning off to Washington?

I think either Morgan or Beth will emerge next week with Daryl. I think something has happened to Carol and that is why he's returned for help.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, it could be a possibility. It's not that I think they should be in Washington by now. I mean they probbly got sidetracked by all the walkers along the way, but I can't really understand why Maggie, Glen and Tara have to go with them? If it's because Glen and Maggie looked shocked at the groups brutality, didn't Abraham do a lot of that brutality? Also Maggie defended them killing the Terminus group inside a church because it was just "four walls and a roof".

Cause that was the only deal Abraham would accept to stay the night and help deal with the Termites.

Pretty sure they'll all (or most anyway :)) will be back together within a few episodes once Ricks group have dealt with the Beth Situation and Morgan has had time to catch up with them (lucky for him the Termites marked their trail).

Speaking of Beth (from the next time trailer) I wonder is she back in Atlanta or is it some other big city?
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Glenn in particular has witnessed Rick's regression since reuniting with them. Glenn wanted to save more people at Terminus, Rick didn't, Rick wanted to go back and finish off Gavin and co but Glenn didn't. And now Maggie has seen it too so I think they were all too happy to get a break away from Rick and the gang.

That and from what I understand Lauren Cohan had other roles going while this season was being filmed including her voice work on Archer. Steven Yeun also had a couple of movies on the go including one in South Korea.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering how Bob got bit on the shoulder so went back and looked. I'd forgotten he'd been pulled completely under the water for a second or two.

Still there really should have been some blood seen when Sasha pulls his shirt back into place.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst episode so far for me. So glad Bob has finally gone! such a boring and uninspired character, he didn't deserve the screen time he was getting. His acting made me cringe when he did crazy mode - did not do a good job in my opinion.

I also don't get why Maggie and Glenn left. Pretty stupid decision to be honest on the writers' part. Maggie will never reunite with Beth again if filming spoilers are anything to go by. Why doesn't she care about Beth!? It's bloody weird.

Not to say it was a bad episode. Better than most of season 3's episodes, and a few a lot of season 4s. I just think the show is lacking strong characters at the minute. Daryl and Carol were missed, and established characters like Glenn, Maggie, Carl and Michonne haven't had much to do yet.

I CAN'T WAIT for Beth next week! Honestly, my favourite character. Gonna be an interesting story there, I reckon
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting sneak peek of next week's ep of Talking Dead. Not what I was expecting...

I thought it was another strong episode tonight to be honest, mixing the tension and brutality with some emotional moments.

I would suggest that Maggie and Glenn agreed to go with Abraham after seeing enough evidence that made them think their group could be going down a dark path and a cure for humanity is their best bet to save it while there is still some left. It is strange not to have Maggie acknowledge Beth's absence though and you would think she'd have a stronger urge to go and save her first.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was pretty shocked by the (brutal!) demise of the Terminus folks, as I had expected them to be the main threat this season.

Didn't give a stuff about Bob so his long drawn out death was lost on me.

Rick is going into Heisenberg mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    The murder scene in the church was brutal but had a little fist pump when Gareth begged it was all about them trying to keep their humanity
    did u notice the ones who didn't participate in the massacre are the ones who left with Abraham? (except Abraham of course)
    Forum Member
    Who does everyone think Darryl was with at the end??
    I reckon it's Morgan only cause Carol wouldn't need to be told to come out and Beth's clip from next week didn't seem a flashback, if it was a captive, someone who captured Beth or a enemy then Daryl would have whoever it was, with him not waiting for the coast to be clear??
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    If Glenn and Maggie were indeed shocked by the termites demise,and that's why they left..........what did they expect?These guys had just trapped them and others and planned to eat them.

After escaping,the termites came for them again...........what did they expect rick and co to do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWd don't normally do cliffhangers do they? Well not I have noticed. Just a 'where do they go from here' scenario. Not this, who us hiding the woods.

Glen made the decision to go with Abraham, me thinks as he saw that there was never going to be truce between him and Rick, and made the sacrifice. He and Maggie May well have been horrified by the brutality of exterminating the termites but the decision had been made before that encounter. Remembering, of course, what the termites did to them before and them eating Bob, I doubt any one of them had any doubts that it was a them or us situation, however brutal.

As for Maggie. I think more time should have been spent on dialogue about concern for her sister and less focusing on the budding romance between Bob and Sasha when it was going to end almost as soon as it started.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Worst episode so far for me. So glad Bob has finally gone! such a boring and uninspired character, he didn't deserve the screen time he was getting. His acting made me cringe when he did crazy mode - did not do a good job in my opinion.

I also don't get why Maggie and Glenn left. Pretty stupid decision to be honest on the writers' part. Maggie will never reunite with Beth again if filming spoilers are anything to go by. Why doesn't she care about Beth!? It's bloody weird.

Not to say it was a bad episode. Better than most of season 3's episodes, and a few a lot of season 4s. I just think the show is lacking strong characters at the minute. Daryl and Carol were missed, and established characters like Glenn, Maggie, Carl and Michonne haven't had much to do yet.

I CAN'T WAIT for Beth next week! Honestly, my favourite character. Gonna be an interesting story there, I reckon

Perhaps next time you could put possible spoilers inside spoiler tags?
    Forum Member
    mindset wrote: »
    The argument about whether or not to get on the road to Washington was the context for the real struggle; between Rick and Abraham for control/leadership of the group. As it turned out Abraham managed to peel off both Glen and Maggie but, in light of recent events, it would've made much more sense to me if both Tyrese and Sasha had departed instead. And Tyrese is getting on my last nerve so his going would've been an added bonus for me. I guess they didn't follow my logic because they would have had to go out and recruit some more black survivors, to maintain the quota.

Given the casting cross-over from The Wire, I thought I'd recommend drafting in several actors from Justified aswell. I've just thoroughly enjoyed a weekend marathon of that show and have to say many of the actors in it would be perfect for a new tribe of survivors on TWD.

tyrese would never leave Judith
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Why then, if this is Abraham's mission on Earth to get Eugene to Washington, is he still faffing about in Atlanta? He should have been well on his way there by now. Get a working vehicle, and drive.
    You're assuming Abraham has been with Eugene since day one. It's more likely he came across him more recently, and then found out about the supposed cure.
    What do you all think happened's next week in terms of the ending with Daryl? is it Carol? Beth? Both? or something totally different?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Morgan.

It wont be Beth, cause they've a story still to tell with her, and it wont be Carol, else they might as well have just shown her. If it's not Morgan, it'll be some new person that we've not met yet.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    I agree that the one flaw here is that Maggie is, apparently, disturbed by the brutality that Rick and others demonstrated in the church but yet doesn't seem to even remember that she has a missing sister or care where she might be. Ah well, if they have other filming commitments I guess that answers the question. They were getting a bit boring anyway.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a very likely chance that Eugene wasn't asked to come to Washington until recently, it was mentioned he had been communicating with the Government for some time.

Although in all fairness, I'd probably go to a docklands and get a boat because they wouldn't get distracted by walkers, and would have a safer place to rest
  • Miss KikiMiss Kiki Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    From various sources I've gathered that Beth has been taken into the hospital by some group experimenting on people they find: one of the doctors asks her to sleep with him, saying what does she have to lose?

Secondly, I believe that Carol is run over by the cross car and wheeled into the hospital (as seen by Beth).

I don't know what happens from there but I'm starting to think Beth dies: this is from posts on this site and comments on others, although I'm not too sure on this one.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    I agree that the one flaw here is that Maggie [...] doesn't seem to even remember that she has a missing sister or care where she might be.

Doesn't she believe her sister was killed during the prison shoot-out? I think she was told Beth left the bus to fetch Judith, but they were never found.

Granted, it's odd she didn't ask about Beth when they found Judith with Tyreese and Carol, and that Daryl didn't say anything about Beth to her when they reunited. I'm putting it down to a swim in denial. You ask no question, you receive no bad news.
    It wont be Beth, cause they've a story still to tell with her, and it wont be Carol, else they might as well have just shown her. If it's not Morgan, it'll be some new person that we've not met yet.

I'm willing to bet on that. My guess:
    S/he is someone Beth meets at hospital and perhaps they make a bid to escape the hospital, but something goes wrong. During the chaos, they meet Daryl and Carol who try to save them. They soon are accidentally or forcibly split up during the chaos, leaving Carol with Beth somewhere in the city alone, and Daryl with the new character whom he eventually takes to the church.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daryl told Maggie in episode 1 of this series that Beth was alive and had been with him until she was raken in the car with the cross on it.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Daryl told Maggie in episode 1 of this series that Beth was alive and had been with him until she was raken in the car with the cross on it.

I obviously missed that so I stand corrected. Thanks for that.