• Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Wanted to find out more and the series producers don't seem to have Twitter

12 Yard are on Twitter - @12Yard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently The Link hasn't quite finished yet. The BBC website says that the series has 40 episodes, but only 35 have been broadcast, so I daresay they're saving the remaining five for a week when they don't have anything to show. Unless there's been a mistake, which is entirely possible.

Two Tribes finished last night after just 25 shows which seemed awfully short. Richard Osman has tweeted that a new series is coming soon, but I wonder if they've just split this one; the BBC website states that Thursday and Friday's were episodes 26 and 27, curiously, rather than the expected 24 and 25, which makes me think they've shuffled things around so that Friday's ended on a win.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Two Tribes finished last night after just 25 shows which seemed awfully short. Richard Osman has tweeted that a new series is coming soon, but I wonder if they've just split this one; the BBC website states that Thursday and Friday's were episodes 26 and 27, curiously, rather than the expected 24 and 25, which makes me think they've shuffled things around so that Friday's ended on a win.

Can they do that? Doesn't that make things confusing, seeing as the prize is on a rolling jackpot? There must be viewers following it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can they do that? Doesn't that make things confusing, seeing as the prize is on a rolling jackpot? There must be viewers following it.

I think they probably could do as long as they resumed on a £1,000 episode. Richard never refers back to the previous show's winner by name, so you could change the order to a certain extent as long as it still worked sequentially.

I think they'd also probably juggle things so that a whole series would end on a win rather than a rollover, if they didn't have confirmation there'd be a new series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    12 Yard are on Twitter - @12Yard

Thanks - tweeted them.
    I think they probably could do as long as they resumed on a £1,000 episode. Richard never refers back to the previous show's winner by name, so you could change the order to a certain extent as long as it still worked sequentially.

I think they'd also probably juggle things so that a whole series would end on a win rather than a rollover, if they didn't have confirmation there'd be a new series.

But then what would they do if they did get a new series? All the other rolling jackpot shows - Perfection, Pointless, Eggheads - start each new series with the jackpot in the same place as it was at the end of the previous one.

Besides, according to the website this series of Two Tribes is 60 episodes long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks - tweeted them.

But then what would they do if they did get a new series? All the other rolling jackpot shows - Perfection, Pointless, Eggheads - start each new series with the jackpot in the same place as it was at the end of the previous one.

Besides, according to the website this series of Two Tribes is 60 episodes long.

Well, indeed, which confirms my assumption they've split it. But like I say, the jump from show 23 to show 26 is odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got a response from good old Mr Knowles:

'BBC red tape is all - it isn't axed as far as I know'...

Well, that's some good news. Still a bit concerned with the scheduling, but at least it seems like there haven't been any definite decisions made yet.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a response from good old Mr Knowles:

'BBC red tape is all - it isn't axed as far as I know'...

Well, that's some good news. Still a bit concerned with the scheduling, but at least it seems like there haven't been any definite decisions made yet.
    :)

I wonder if the "red tape" means having to air the episodes before a certain date in order not to break any contracts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :)

I wonder if the "red tape" means having to air the episodes before a certain date in order not to break any contracts?

Hmm, maybe. They seem to be trying to rush through them very fast.

Seems a bit of a mess though - I'd have put another show on hold and put it on a more reasonable time.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it incredible that they would put BBC One's 2nd best quiz show (behind Pointless) on at 6am in double episodes.

Whichever executive thought that The Edge was more worthy of an afternoon slot than Perfection probably needs firing. Perfection is even more worthy of a Saturday Night slot than most of the tripe they've thrown on recently.

It doesn't exactly affect me with having Sky Plus, but I've got a feeling the BBC will regret the decision when comparing Perfection's afternoon ratings to the Edge's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turbulence wrote: »
    I find it incredible that they would put BBC One's 2nd best quiz show (behind Pointless) on at 6am in double episodes.

Whichever executive thought that The Edge was more worthy of an afternoon slot than Perfection probably needs firing. Perfection is even more worthy of a Saturday Night slot than most of the tripe they've thrown on recently.

It doesn't exactly affect me with having Sky Plus, but I've got a feeling the BBC will regret the decision when comparing Perfection's afternoon ratings to the Edge's.

I agree. I don't normally like the Saturday night quiz shows though - most of the Lottery quizzes are normally more focussed on gimmick than quiz. The only one that I do tend to have quite a lot of time for is Who Dares Wins - ironically another Nick Knowles show. I like quizzes that focus more on quiz than on format and gameplay. The Edge should be a lottery show, then we'd all know not to take it seriously.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I don't normally like the Saturday night quiz shows though - most of the Lottery quizzes are normally more focussed on gimmick than quiz. The only one that I do tend to have quite a lot of time for is Who Dares Wins - ironically another Nick Knowles show. I like quizzes that focus more on quiz than on format and gameplay. The Edge should be a lottery show, then we'd all know not to take it seriously.

Yes, I think that's been the biggest problem with more recent Saturday Night Game shows. Most of them come across as though the show's gimmick was all that was required for it to be green-lighted, and then the producers had to think of how to base the actual game format around that gimmick. Secret Fortune and Win your Wish List are certainly two of those (although the latter does seem similar to 'Gift-wrapped' with its wedding wish list premise).

And perhaps The Edge could've worked a little as a lottery show if they'd made the bowling part more interesting. Maybe if they'd added a 'bankrupt' rectangle or two for the ball to land on like wheel of fortune, rather than just £100, £200, £300, £400 etc.... all the way along a straight line.

And snap, as the only Lottery show I've enjoyed in recent times is Who Dares Wins as well :D. Probably because it has shades of Pointless in terms of how easy it is to play along at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Turbulence wrote: »
    Yes, I think that's been the biggest problem with more recent Saturday Night Game shows. Most of them come across as though the show's gimmick was all that was required for it to be green-lighted, and then the producers had to think of how to base the actual game format around that gimmick. Secret Fortune and Win your Wish List are certainly two of those (although the latter does seem similar to 'Gift-wrapped' with its wedding wish list premise).

And perhaps The Edge could've worked a little as a lottery show if they'd made the bowling part more interesting. Maybe if they'd added a 'bankrupt' rectangle or two for the ball to land on like wheel of fortune, rather than just £100, £200, £300, £400 etc.... all the way along a straight line.

And snap, as the only Lottery show I've enjoyed in recent times is Who Dares Wins as well :D. Probably because it has shades of Pointless in terms of how easy it is to play along at home.

I remember being amazed that Secret Fortune got a second series, it was the most obvious knock-off of Deal or No Deal that I have ever seen.

1 vs 100 wasn't so bad, but I think it ended at the right time.

Generally I much prefer the daytime quizzes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if there have been any updates on this? The Wikipedia entry has been changed to refer to the show in the past tense suggesting it has been cancelled, but there doesn't appear to be any official source confirming this.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Bump for those interested: Perfection is back on BBC1, 2:15PM from Monday. They are listed as Series 5 repeats, however - presumably the ones that went out at stupid o'clock earlier in the year.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stewartuu wrote: »
    Bump for those interested: Perfection is back on BBC1, 2:15PM from Monday. They are listed as Series 5 repeats, however - presumably the ones that went out at stupid o'clock earlier in the year.
    They are. :)