O'Brien (ITV) Starts Monday 30th March 2015

Comments

• SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Dee on tomorrow, let me guess it's on the welfare state? that's the one i wanted to go on if it is.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    what a horrible show. And that suited guy near the end was on Jeremy Kyle a few weeks ago.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitler was a very effective speaker, but the lefties wouldn't have any of it. Basically denying historical reality.
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Hitler was a very effective speaker, but the lefties wouldn't have any of it. Basically denying historical reality.

Nothing was making any sense. The woman made a point regarding the outfit where you can just see the eyes and compared it to wearing a helmet in a post office but then kept getting asked why she found the ladies headscarf offensive and she kept trying to say she didnt have a problem with her headscarf but then kept getting shouted down
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with this type of shows is that people only consider it to be a "genuine debate" if the debate follows their views.

All the stock DS phrases e.g. lefties are out in force today, yet if there's an episode of O'Brien with even just one journalist from a Murdoch-owned newspaper, you'll get moans about that too. The type of person most likely to watch this sort of program already has solid views; the idea of changing anyone's minds is fanciful IMO. You may as well whack on a repeat of The Cube.

Well said

It beats loose women
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I thought no-one could be worse than Jeremy Kyle, but this O'Brien is really irritating and does like the sound of his own voice. He should let people speak!

He is like that on the radio, which begs the question of whether ITV ever listened to him before selecting him?1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Friday I'm shown :blush: I kept quiet too :D

Apparently this show is replacing loose Women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    This Friday I'm shown :blush: I kept quiet too :D

Apparently this show is replacing loose Women.

Yeah for two weeks...then back to normal.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zak_g wrote: »
    Pardon my French, what a load of shit this is!!!!!!!! Why would ITV commission this? Crap!!!!!
    It reminded me a bit of Kilroy. It did nothing that he wasn't talking about in the mornings on BBC1 from 1987 to 2004.

Far too heavy for a lunch hour. Such an odd choice of show. The host didn't exude much warmth or charisma either.

The rentagobs asked on screen just prattled at each other and he had no control. Off after 25 minutes.

Oh, and how any sane person could go on national TV like the woman at the start who said she didn't like people with negro features but couldn't explain why is beyond me. Not only was she hugely offensive but just incredibly dumb as well. It sounded so over the top that I almost doubted she was for real. Why would anybody want to say that in public on television even if they thought it?
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Oh, and how any sane person could go on national TV like the woman at the start who said she didn't like people with negro features but couldn't explain why is beyond me. Not only was she hugely offensive but just incredibly dumb as well. It sounded so over the top that I almost doubted she was for real. Why would anybody want to say that in public on television even if they thought it?

Its not the first time shes done it so she probably thought she had nothing to lose!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty heated this one for obvious reasons, this is one i wanted to go on.

White Dee looking rather nice with her hair.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What was the topic for yours?
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Dee on tomorrow, let me guess it's on the welfare state? that's the one i wanted to go on if it is.

I would love to debate the merits of being a slack Alice benefit scrounger with uglyitis and halitosis with this awful excuse for a female.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You need Specsavers if you think that mess looks nice, it's just vile hideous wrapped up in shite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the topic for yours?

Marriage, things about cheating on your partner and other men & women and is it right to do that or not. The other topic is being famous and would you want to be famous or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to debate the merits of being a slack Alice benefit scrounger with uglyitis and halitosis with this awful excuse for a female.

I would too, but once I got started, I wouldnt be able to stop and probably get lynched after the show :o:D
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

You are either her Agent or her Hairdresser .........................

(or maybe her Agent does her hair as well. Wouldn't surprise me). :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting so angry watching these people on this show. They make my blood boil.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Kevin Maguire was on Daily Politics and O'Brien at the same time!
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think O'Brien is like Jon Culshaw as Jimmy Carr?:D
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Brien is rubbish as a host, he can't control the audience. We have had problems listening to the different peoples opinions as they are allowed to talk over one another. Total chaos.
    Not sure I'll be watching in future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting so angry watching these people on this show. They make my blood boil.

Did say it was a heated one today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Brien is rubbish as a host, he can't control the audience. We have had problems listening to the different peoples opinions as they are allowed to talk over one another. Total chaos.
    Not sure I'll be watching in future.

Its just utter chaos. Too many people having 10 different conversations at the same time.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    My god this is a mess, he doesnt have the skill to present this show, he lets everyone talk over each other and is letting them all get out of control.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really need to get a handle on the audience. Too many people just shouting over each other like yobs, it just ends up as noise.