O'Brien (ITV) Starts Monday 30th March 2015

12346»

Comments

• Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Cultural genocide is perfectly apt. Tower hamlets being one example, turning English towns into middle east suburbs.
    No, it's not. It's a tacky appropriation of a term with a much graver meaning and it's used purely for rhetorical purposes.

If you want to talk about culture coming under foreign influence, then America is a much more pervasive example, and not only in Britain but the whole world (a mantle they largely inherited from Britain). But seeing as that's being perpetrated by mostly white, English-speaking people, I suppose it doesn't count.
    This notion that people who don't want their way of life changing and not wanting the place they live in to become a foreign hole as uneducated is nonsense.
    Great. Whose notion is that, by the way?
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You said it.

If you went into the Amazon jungle and decided to walk into an area which a local tribe lives in, decide to stay and change the area out of all recognition, the tribe will be pissed and eventually eradicate their way of life.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like JoB on Newsnight and LBC, but I gave up on this after 2 episodes.

I recorded the 6th April episode as I was curious to see what he'd be like on a TV show.

Well, he looked funny without his beard. But, not knowing what the format would be (I thought it was to to with the election), I didn't expect a version of Jeremy Kyle (or that other show Trisha or whatever it was called).

I lasted about 2 minutes! Shame as I wanted to see what Jim Davidson was doing on there.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    O'Brien. A face fit only for radio.

Problem is, the rest of him is unsuitable for radio.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You said it.

If you went into the Amazon jungle and decided to walk into an area which a local tribe lives in, decide to stay and change the area out of all recognition, the tribe will be pissed and eventually eradicate their way of life.
    I said what? That you should actually be pissed at America? Because that's what I said (are the BIBs helping?). Of course, you knew that, and it's telling that you deliberately misrepresented it, it tells that you're not interested in an honest, rational discussion, that your mindset is 'blame it on the migrants, no matter what'. In that case, you may as well just drop the facade and resort to spamming forums with propaganda cartoons and white power slogans. ^_^
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    what about that woman today. she borrowed £500 for a pc and over a 10 year period she paid him back £88 grand!! :o "it was only in the last year i realized he was a loan shark" no shit! lol some people just cant helped :kitty:
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well.... this is just terrible. O'Brien should stay on the radio. It's an even more low-rent version of Kilroy with an amateur host who shuffles around the set looking befuddled.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather from EastEnders today. They'll cut through the bottom of the barrel if they scrape any further.
  • Options
    Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last episode tomorrow? :eek:
  • Options
    TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Last episode tomorrow? :eek:

I doubt we'll be seeing Jimbo presenting anytime soon on ITV.
  • Options
    Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I was thinking to myself how I wish TV would get back to interesting and intelligent debates like Kilroy, instead of the usual dumbing down that daytime TV has become.

Loose Women type shows are turning into celeb magazines, where they seem to be run by promoters of talentless celebs, as they gush over the collection of some talentless wag like the Beckham woman who only decided to become a fashion designer because was running out of ideas for attention since husband's career is going downhill. Or they call an orange idiot from an Essex reality show a top style icon, who has an obvious fake chest they like showing off, fake hair and eyelashes, with plastered on make-up. Before they get called a top business person for putting their name on a perfume somebody else made, to sell to the dumbed down sheep who have been brainwashed into liking the talentless trash.

O'Brien was like a breath of fresh are in a dumb world.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    Well.... this is just terrible. O'Brien should stay on the radio. It's an even more low-rent version of Kilroy with an amateur host who shuffles around the set looking befuddled.

Actually his radio show is no better.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like this format of show but I don't think James O'Brien is the right presenter for it. His posture is terrible and annoying me.

The woman with the bow and the man next to her are really not the type of people you want arguing your point.