Making Josie into a Villain.

Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why have people made up this persona of Josie, making her into some sort of baddie pantomine villain? She so clearly isn't, in any way shape or form

Comments

• jaydeebeejaydeebee Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Why have people made up this persona of Josie, making her into some sort of baddie pantomine villain? She so clearly isn't, in any way shape or form

There is no stopping them, it's not worth trying. People are bitter about her been in the final and Corin and Sam not been. They list all the bad things about her, but I could list a hell of a lot more bad things about the others, everyone in that house has bad points, just look at the good points of people, of which she has many. People choose not to see or list these though, but they will be shown in her best bits and it will show why she is a deserving winner.

JOSIE TO WIN
  • Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydeebee wrote: »
    There is no stopping them, it's not worth trying. People are bitter about her been in the final and Corin and Sam not been. They list all the bad things about her, but I could list a hell of a lot more bad things about the others, everyone in that house has bad points, just look at the good points of people, of which she has many. People choose not to see or list these though, but they will be shown in her best bits and it will show why she is a deserving winner.

JOSIE TO WIN
    yay! I hear you !!!!

the forums gone mad :(:cry:
    :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She ain't no Baddie I agree.....

She definately ain't no GOODY

Mario FTW :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such is this forum these days. You're either for or against someone, especially someone notable, and whether you're for or against, you have to take it to ludicrous extremes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plwg70 wrote: »
    She ain't no Baddie I agree.....

She definately ain't no GOODY

Mario FTW :D

I don't mind Mario either.
    But she is a goodie
  • RemmaRemma Posts: 4,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's a villain, just boring, Aldo, I don'f like being manipulated, and that;s hoe I feel with josie doasting through ti the final without us ever having the chance to evict her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Nick wrote: »
    Such is this forum these days. You're either for or against someone, especially someone notable, and whether you're for or against, you have to take it to ludicrous extremes.

But there's such a thing as fairness....The people that hate Josie do it blindly without much provocation.
    Let's face it, we all have faults and become unpleasant at times, but it doesn't make us all heinous...people have viewed her in that pressure cooker of a house and seen a fairly placid person get irritated from time to time.
    It is obvious though that she has a good sole and a lively warm personality....I can't understand the vitriol being levelled at her.
    Makes no sense to me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remma wrote: »
    I don't think she's a villain, just boring, Aldo, I don'f like being manipulated, and that;s hoe I feel with josie doasting through ti the final without us ever having the chance to evict her.

The opposite of underdog syndrome then, how very petty :eek:
    and how very British :rolleyes:
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remma wrote: »

In fairness, it's not her fault she was never up for eviction. She never got enough votes from her fellow HMs to put her up and it was also her fellow HMs who gave her the free pass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Josie is a villain, I think on the whole she's an ok kind of gal, but, call me shallow if you like, but I just can't bring myself to vote for a girl that has her thumb in her mouth all the time and her finger up her nose !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, it's not her fault she was never up for eviction. She never got enough votes from her fellow HMs to put her up and it was also her fellow HMs who gave her the free pass.

alas, I don't think fairness is in some peoples vocabulary:(
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nobody made her a villian

twas all her own work
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I don't think Josie is a villain, I think on the whole she's an ok kind of gal, but, call me shallow if you like, but I just can't bring myself to vote for a girl that has her thumb in her mouth all the time and her finger up her nose !!

How shallow:(
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    invisipost
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    nobody made her a villian

twas all her own work

Never, tis all in your mind...:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not a villain. She's just as dull as JJ and Andrew, she only had highlights because of the fauxmance or romance or whatever you want to call it.

The only things she has done: Sucked her thumb, lain under a duvet, argued with or about John James and smoked. What a great winner she will make ;)
  • Silver RiverSilver River Posts: 1,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything villainous in Josie at all.
    I'm going to vote for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    She's not a villain. She's just as dull as JJ and Andrew, she only had highlights because of the fauxmance or romance or whatever you want to call it.

The only things she has done: Sucked her thumb, lain under a duvet, argued with or about John James and smoked. What a great winner she will make ;)

Have you not heard all her amazing one liners?
    The way she has won Sam Pepper around with her charm?( the fact he hated her to begin with)
    Her infectious laugh at other housemates cracking even a small funny, that she always enhances?
    The way all the housemates in the last month have depended on her and enjoyed her personality?
    Or have you no soul :(
    Not to mention zilch sense of humour :eek::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything villainous in Josie at all.
    I'm going to vote for her.

So will most of the British Public :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    But there's such a thing as fairness....The people that hate Josie do it blindly without much provocation.
    Let's face it, we all have faults and become unpleasant at times, but it doesn't make us all heinous...people have viewed her in that pressure cooker of a house and seen a fairly placid person get irritated from time to time.
    It is obvious though that she has a good sole and a lively warm personality....I can't understand the vitriol being levelled at her.
    Makes no sense to me?

Oh I agree with you, certainly wasn't trying to excuse those responsible. Obviously there's always been an element of it with BB and on DS, analysing people and their traits comes with the territory I guess, but over the last few years it's gotten ridiculous.

Objectivity has gone out of the window, fairness has gone out of it, negativity now reigns on here. Housemates have almost become like football teams with increasingly tribal followings and it's made this forum a thoroughly depressing place to be. The number of times I've seen the word 'vile' (which does now seem to be the DS:BB buzzword) thrown around about essentially harmless housemates who've done very little wrong is ridiculous.

It's stuff like that that has at times made me think the show ending is a good thing, but I've just spent less and less time on here this series and enjoyed it so much more as a result. People on here like to kid themselves that it's the lazy highlights watchers and 'teenies' who are in the wrong and the userbase on here is a step above, and to be honest I used to agree several years ago, but couldn't agree less now.

Josie winning (if she does) would be fitting just to give some of those most prone to hurling abuse around the ending they least wanted.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why so many people are surprised. The backlash was inevitable. This forum has a long, proud tradition of voting against the perceived chosen ones.

In BB5, when everyone was going mad voting Nadia, we voted for Jason and got him into second place.
    In BB9, we voted for Rachel over Mikey and caused a major upset.

Even if I liked Josie (which I don't), I would be supporting the opposing HM because of the unfairness of the quadruple eviction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's voting against the chosen ones (and I think it's more than a little flattering to credit DS with achieving either of those results) and then there's vilifying housemates in a ridiculously extreme way for being the 'perceived' chosen ones, something they have no control over.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's a particularly nasty person, but she certainly isn't this sweet, innnocent nicey-nicey Bristol-lass she is perceived as on the outside. I personally went off her after the whole Caoimhe situation. She really let herself down when she allowed herself to get that jealous imo. I do think she'll realise her wrongdoings when she gets out though. On the whole, I wouldn't be too upset if she were to win (which is good I suppose, since it's practically inevitable at this point.)
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    I dont dislike Josie.

I dislike being manipulated.

There is a huge difference.

And I know its not Josie's fault.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Isn't she Vicky Pollard's older stepsister?:D