No sound on Community Channel

HertzHertz Posts: 3,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else having this problem ?

Not that I watch it much. but ever since it moved from 109 to channel 63 there's been no sound at all. Not sure if this is due to the STB (a Sony PVR) or transmitter problems (local transmitter is Divis)

Comments

• kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does that thread address the issue of there being no sound?
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound OK here from Tacolneston 11:16 25/3

Assume you have retuned and saved... http://www.communitychannel.org/ is a bit messy but does have an e-mail address to try if you are still having problems.

But as far as I know COM7 is UK-wide so same C&M and the transmitter site kit should not be able to affect an individual service.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    But as far as I know COM7 is UK-wide so same C&M and the transmitter site kit should not be able to affect an individual service.

Could be something dodgy with the audio on that particular service, that the receiver doesn't like. Pretty sure this has happened in the past, I remember when ITV3 launched I had no picture due to a similar fault.
  • Fred RickwoodFred Rickwood Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    Could be something dodgy with the audio on that particular service, that the receiver doesn't like. Pretty sure this has happened in the past, I remember when ITV3 launched I had no picture due to a similar fault.

Yes, that could be the problem.

I'd try other receivers to see if they're affected.
  • HertzHertz Posts: 3,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »

Yep, that seems to be what's wrong.

Both my Humax boxes are fine and I can receive all other SD stations on COM 7 with no problems so it must be due to the Sony PVR.

Wonder if the Community channel are aware of this or is it down to Arqiva to sort out the problem ?
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hertz wrote: »
    Wonder if the Community channel are aware of this or is it down to Arqiva to sort out the problem ?
    Unless you tell CC probably not...

Arqiva may have a fault (probably unlikely), Community Channel Playout may be too, but so could Sony and that may be the most likely ... :o

So it would be worth telling them, too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Unless you tell CC probably not...

Arqiva may have a fault (probably unlikely), Community Channel Playout may be too, but so could Sony and that may be the most likely ... :o

So it would be worth telling them, too?

What do yer mean " probably unlikely" ?
  • HertzHertz Posts: 3,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound came back a couple of days ago so Arqiva (or someone) appears to have got it sorted.

Maybe somebody reads Digital Spy forums :D
    Forum Member
    Hertz wrote: »
    Sound came back a couple of days ago so Arqiva (or someone) appears to have got it sorted.

Maybe somebody reads Digital Spy forums :D

Asleep on the job , took long enough!
    Considering there is redundancy and monitoring on each TX site .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering there is redundancy and monitoring on each TX site .
    Why would monitoring have picked this up? It was a problem with specific makes of receiver, not a general problem.
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Why would monitoring have picked this up? It was a problem with specific makes of receiver, not a general problem.

How. Could Arqiva have sorted it then,
    Dohhhhh!
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dohhhhh!

Can we assume that your unpleasant vendetta against Arqiva is because you were rejected by them as a job applicant?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dohhhhh!
    Because somebody reported it, obviously.
    Forum Member
    Can we assume that your unpleasant vendetta against Arqiva is because you were rejected by them as a job applicant?

Nope , I wouldn't work for them .

I dislike Arqiva because they are controlled by a bunch of investment bankers ,who in my opinion rigg markets .
    They have history of this in other continents .
    They have engineered a monopoly in the UK and in other countries .
    I despise them .
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope , I wouldn't work for them .

I dislike Arqiva because they are controlled by a bunch of investment bankers ,who in my opinion rigg markets .
    They have history of this in other continents .
    They have engineered a monopoly in the UK and in other countries .
    I despise them .

You have much to learn about life, are you in employment or still at college?