Gary NOT sleeping outside confirmed

Comments

• DejavuDejavu Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many times in the past had BB said this person can't participate in the task because of health issues why didn't they do that for Gary?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    There is a vacancy at ATOS that would be ideal for you.[/
    So funny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I personally don't think you can compare the two.

Gary isn't too frail to take part in the show, just not in the best of health to sleep outside, upright on a chaise longue.

I would wager quite a number of folk of a lesser age could possibly struggle out there, I for one. If Gary is able to take part in 99% of the tasks then why exclude him from the programme just because some numpty has decided it's a good idea for anyone to sleep outside.

Can't imagine Leslie being enthralled about sleeping out there. Maybe they should shove him out there tonight and see how he likes those apples huh?

:)

Perfectly put.

I am struggling to understand this apparent trend, whereby people find difficuly in understanding that everyone is individual and different.

I feel as I'm posting alongside droids sometimes.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    Perfectly put.

I am struggling to understand this apparent trend, whereby people find difficuly in understanding that everyone is individual and different.

I feel as I'm posting alongside droids sometimes.

I agree. I'm also struggling to comprehend those that think just because you have some difficulties with health you shouldn't be on the show and should go home.

That's discriminating against someone who isn't 100% in the best of health and imo that's wrong.

• Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    This statement is ridiculous, of course age and how a person is affected by it individually matters.

So exceptions can be made for those who are 70 but not for those who are very young?
    Glad you got over Cancer, it's just a shame your experience hasn't seemed to teach compassion or not to make assumptions on others based on yourself.

I have oodles of compassion, that why I think Gary, who is old and frail, who's had a brain injury, gotten over cancer, and is 70 years old shouldn't have flown half way across the world to take part in a reality show where tasks of various levels of difficulty & discomfort are involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as silly as this
    \/

Sorry but do you truly think Leslie wanted Gary to sleep outside :kitty:

Absolutely
  • ksmiggyksmiggy Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People with disabilities go camping as do some old age pensioners, the hysteria about "poor brain damaged 70 yr old" Gary is getting on my nerves. If he is too old and too brain damaged to do the tasks then he shouldn't be in the house.

Why not just go the whole hog and have him put down? your post reads as though he should be really scrapped now. not nice.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    So exceptions can be made for those who are 70 but not for those who are very young?

I have oodles of compassion, that why I think Gary, who is old and frail, who's had a brain injury, gotten over cancer, and is 70 years old shouldn't have flown half way across the world to take part in a reality show where tasks of various levels of difficulty & discomfort are involved.

But most people with a disability like to do as much as they can, and making allowances such as ramps, lifts, and not forcing them to sleep upright helps them to do this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I agree. I'm also struggling to comprehend those that think just because you have some difficulties with health you shouldn't be on the show and should go home.

That's discriminating against someone who isn't 100% in the best of health and imo that's wrong.

Perhaps all elderly and disabled people should be locked away from this trending inhumane society we seem to have.

Wouldn't want them to be an inconvenience or a nuisance, it may distract some from complete self absorption.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe, like the rest of them, he needs the money and most probably more than the rest as according what I have read he has a small child
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe you've had so much oodles of compassion, you've forgotten how to give it back.

That being said, reading the last part of your post, perhaps you've just been exposed to too many ATOS examiners?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dejavu wrote: »
    Maybe, like the rest of them, he needs the money and most probably more than the rest as according what I have read he has a small child

He doesn't need the money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But most people with a disability like to do as much as they can, and making allowances such as ramps, lifts, and not forcing them to sleep upright helps them to do this.

Well said.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps all elderly and disabled people should be locked away from this trending inhumane society we seem to have.

Wouldn't want them to be an inconvenience or a nuisance, it may distract some from complete self absorption.

Yes, that is the way it seems sometimes. Just because you aren't 100% doesn't mean you can't enter into some things. Allowances should be made for those that aren't as young/healthy as they used to be, they do not necessarily need to be excluded. Those that are young, fit and healthy now should remember, they may run into difficulties themselves sooner or later in life.

Common sense should prevail. IMO it isn't common sense to expect anyone to sleep outside if their age/health problems are of a nature to cause them discomfort.

I'm actually quite appalled at the lack of empathy by some, I despair.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zofo wrote: »
    Leslie wants Gary to walk so he can be the housemates favorite American, so he is not going to like the fact that Gary was not forced to sleep outside.

I just watched last night's life feed - and someone said something about the winner not getting additional money - and then someone said about but they do get a contract. :confused:
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Others have been posting about how he is $450,000 in debt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ksmiggy wrote: »
    Why not just go the whole hog and have him put down? your post reads as though he should be really scrapped now. not nice.

I dare'nt even reply to that poster who clearly has a eugenic mentality, and could possibly be chums with Bill Gates.
  • sahmrawsahmraw Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People with disabilities go camping as do some old age pensioners, the hysteria about "poor brain damaged 70 yr old" Gary is getting on my nerves. If he is too old and too brain damaged to do the tasks then he shouldn't be in the house.

Wow! You are harsh! I guess you agree with Hitler that all "useless eaters" should be gassed and all people on sickness benefits are faking it and should have all their benefits withdrawn as well?

Do I sound over the top? Well welcome to the effect of your comments as well.

I can't believe we live in a society that can be so hostile about people with disabilities. Why should he not be in the house? Other disabled housemates have been in the house and been exempted from certain things.

Loads of times people have been exempt from certain tasks for medical reasons.

I am ashamed of your attitude. It stinks. It really does.

I just hope you never suffer from a brain tumour or have a near-fatal accident and expect people to feel any sympathy for you. If he wants to give it a go, why not? We are suppose to live in a diverse society. You would never make such a comment based on someone's race or sexuality. Why the heck do you think it is acceptable to be so malicious about disability? It, too, falls under the same rules of decency as speaking about someone's colour or sexuality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    Others have been posting about how he is $450,000 in debt.

You shouldn't believe everything you read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He does, he was down in the celeb bankruptcy papers as having a fortune of MINUS $500,000 a couple of years back. This is why he can't walk, he needs the money to bring up his 4 year old son.
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sahmraw wrote: »
    Wow! You are harsh! I guess you agree with Hitler that all "useless eaters" should be gassed and all people on sickness benefits are faking it and should have all their benefits withdrawn as well?

And Godwin's Law has been fulfilled
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sahmraw wrote: »

Do I sound over the top? Well welcome to the effect of your comments as well.

I can't believe we live in a society that can be so hostile about people with disabilities. Why should he not be in the house? Other disabled housemates have been in the house and been exempted from certain things.

Loads of times people have been exempt from certain tasks for medical reasons.

I am ashamed of your attitude. It stinks. It really does.

I just hope you never suffer from a brain tumour or have a near-fatal accident and expect people to feel any sympathy for you. If he wants to give it a go, why not? We are suppose to live in a diverse society. You would never make such a comment based on someone's race or sexuality. Why the heck do you think it is acceptable to be so malicious about disability? It, too, falls under the same rules of decency as speaking about someone's colour or sexuality.

Best post I've read on here.

I get an image of a doctor death, armed with a fatal syringe, ridding society of all imperfect and eldery humans when I read their post.

I blame Bill Gates and his eugenics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    He does, he was down in the celeb bankruptcy papers as having a fortune of MINUS $500,000 a couple of years back. This is why he can't walk, he needs the money to bring up his 4 year old son.

Why do you continue to believe everything you read?

Many celebs have been "officially bankrupt", they weren't though.

I'm sure theres a ripple of jealousy when it comes to pretty amazing iconic people amongst some (not you before you think it was aimed that way).
  • mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear what are people going to complain about now? Do you think he should be made to wear those awful overalls they might chafe

As for Leslie WANTING Gary to sleep outside I don't think he has the intelligence to have worked that out
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie didn't appear to care about Gary sleeping outside.

When he elected Frenchie, he then went on to elect Gary, Gary was protesting saying he couldn't do it and Leslie just ignored him and said Gary's name.