Gary NOT sleeping outside confirmed

124»

Comments

• Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humph so his whinging paid off.

What Gary wants Gary will get...watch this space ;-)

exactly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    exactly

You're all heart.
  • Options
    ksmiggyksmiggy Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    I dare'nt even reply to that poster who clearly has a eugenic mentality, and could possibly be chums with Bill Gates.

I had to reply as the post I quoted pretty much read as I said, so sad that there is little to no empathy around.
    People should never be written off just because they cannot cope with some things.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    How ageist, patronising and demeaning.

Many seventy year old people are a damned sight fitter than the overweight younger generation. Seventy year old people were brought up on rationing and are as fit as fleas. Some of them even move about a bit doing hill walking and sleeping outdoors.

Gary's accident was twenty six years ago and since then he has done his best work in films.

Well said! I am 72 and if I was willing to enter BB I would play the game and not expect special treatment even though I am arthritic and sleeping outside would probably play havoc with my joints. Gary must have known something about BB - he must be very stupid if he didn't. He shouldn't receive special treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ksmiggy wrote: »
    I had to reply as the post I quoted pretty much read as I said, so sad that there is little to no empathy around.
    People should never be written off just because they cannot cope with some things.

You're absolutely right.

I was always led to believe that as humanity evolved, so did a humans level of conscience.

That seems to be incorrect, some peoples consciences are at an all time low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    Why do you continue to believe everything you read?

Many celebs have been "officially bankrupt", they weren't though.

I'm sure theres a ripple of jealousy when it comes to pretty amazing iconic people amongst some (not you before you think it was aimed that way).

I like him, I'm just telling you that he was officially declared bankrupt in an American court in 2012. Google it and you'll see for yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Well said! I am 72 and if I was willing to enter BB I would play the game and not expect special treatment even though I am arthritic and sleeping outside would probably play havoc with my joints. Gary must have known something about BB - he must be very stupid if he didn't. He shouldn't receive special treatment.

You're very lucky to only be trouble with arthritis at 72.

Maybe it's your upbeat, down with the trumpet attitude?

Then again it could just be a lack of compassion just as it is with those younger members?

Utterly flabbergasted that a 72yr old would have this attitude towards someone who is of an age they could have many problems, especially knowing his medical history.

Saying that, being thoughtless has no age limit I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I like him, I'm just telling you that he was officially declared bankrupt in an American court in 2012. Google it and you'll see for yourself.

I don't want to google it, and this isn't me being awkward, I simply don't go in for the whole reading gossip and believing it.

I don't doubt he was possibly declared bankrupt in court, Michael Jackson was also declared bankrupt, but most of the big time stars have been very careful and invested in things where it can't be touched in bankruptsy.

I know none celeb who have become bankrupt, believe me when I tell you they don't live like Gary.

As with Dee and Helen, I only take on board and accept things that I know are true from their own mouths.

However if he is completely broke, he could always make a claim for benefits while he's here, and make "hundred of thousands of pounds" (according to some).
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »

Perhaps a law should be introduced in the UK to stop all people camping in August if they are over 70 which appears to be what people are saying. He is getting paid a fortune and I agree he should not receive special treatment.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    None of them should be sleeping outside they could have achieved the same task by using a task room.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably thought Gary would get the most votes on the poll on the app so it's backfired on them.

This ^^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    None of them should be sleeping outside they could have achieved the same task by using a task room.

Exactly, but all common sense goes out the window when it comes to ratings.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Good, he was purple last night from the cold. Feel for frenchie too but she can take it she's fit and healthy by the looks of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »

Ah but now you're talking a lot of sense - something the people who devise these tasks do not possess :)
  • Options
    DejavuDejavu Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Poor Frenchy . Its been very cold for August and I certainly wouldn't like to sleep outside .

This punishment should be reserved for any rule breakers .

There are loads of blankets and I love sleeping amongst the stars in the sky - hasten to add I don't do it often
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    Of course he did.

He's annoyed by both of them, why wouldn't he want them out of the house where they won't bother him?

Perhaps you missed the bit where Gary and Leslie made up and Frenchy and Leslie made up. Leslie clearly said that they were the only 2 he'd had a disagreement with so had to chose them rather than the others who had been kind. Yes they have annoyed him but it that doesn't mean he wants them to be banished to the garden. BB decided that.
    So, you're a mind reader now?

Only as much as the next forumite ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leslie didn't appear to care about Gary sleeping outside.

When he elected Frenchie, he then went on to elect Gary, Gary was protesting saying he couldn't do it and Leslie just ignored him and said Gary's name.

It's BB that didn't or as it ended up did care about Gary sleeping outside. Leslie was asked to pick the least entertaining and for him those 2 were. He qualified it by saying everyone else had been kind and though he had made up with Gary and Frenchy they were the only ones he'd had disagreements with.

I wonder who Gary would have picked AND I wonder if anyone on here would have cared less if it had been Leslie Hmm
  • Options
    geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Smack in the face for Leslie

That explains the lips, then.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's BB that didn't or as it ended up did care about Gary sleeping outside. Leslie was asked to pick the least entertaining and for him those 2 were. He qualified it by saying everyone else had been kind and though he had made up with Gary and Frenchy they were the only ones he'd had disagreements with.

I wonder who Gary would have picked AND I wonder if anyone on here would have cared less if it had been Leslie Hmm

But it wasn't a question of whom Leslie had or had not had disagreements with was it.

It was the least entertaining.

Had that been the civilian BB I daresay BB would have asked for better reasons as they do sometimes when folk nominate and give a reason that BB aren't happy with.

IMO of course.

:)
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just go the whole hog and have him put down? your post reads as though he should be really scrapped now. not nice.

It's not his age or disability that is getting up my nose, but the "pity poor Gary" BRIGADE.
  • Options
    StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it really such a big deal Gary didn't sleep outside? He couldn't be completely excluded from the task because of the up for eviction implications but BB's back up plan was probably always 'medical' exclusion if Gary was chosen. After the last civilian series and Kimberley's saga it surprises me anyone is still surprised at this!
  • Options
    AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be clear, Gary said immediately that he couldn't sleep outside. He didn't say he wouldn't ,but that he couldn't. BIG difference.

He was worried yes, but it wasn't him throwing a strop, or not playing along, or not doing the tasks, he said he couldn't and was obviously, VERY obviously, talking about his health not allowing him to.

BB are obliged by law to look after the H&S of all contestants, so had no choice.

RE Leslie, of course he didn't WANT to make people sleep in the garden. He wasn't thinking '''Oh I wish I could make people sleep outside in the garden." then suddenly his wish was granted. The garden thing was BB's idea, not Leslie's.
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just go the whole hog and have him put down? your post reads as though he should be really scrapped now. not nice.

You know nothing about me so please don't put words into my mouth. What a nasty insinuation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    But it wasn't a question of whom Leslie had or had not had disagreements with was it.

It was the least entertaining.

Had that been the civilian BB I daresay BB would have asked for better reasons as they do sometimes when folk nominate and give a reason that BB aren't happy with.

IMO of course.

:)

Not really. If someone antagonises you, you find them least entertaining. How is Leslie supposed to know who the public find entertaining, other than he had just been voted most entertaining by them :confused: :cool:

People need to put the blame where it lies, BB. It's an unpleasant and unnecessary task and they came up with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know nothing about me so please don't put words into my mouth. What a nasty insinuation.

That's correct, they don't know anything about you, they are only able to come to a conclusion by using the content of your posts, and I would assume you post your true feelings?

You are cruel, unless you're saying that you're actually a kind person who would never speak this way, and are just posting nasty spiteful posts for fun?