Options

Write your own James Bond Film

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
Forum Member
If you could write a 007 film, what would you do?

Who would be Bond?

Who would be the Villain?

What locations would you use?

What would the plot be about?

Comments

• Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven fry (utterly charming as 007) vs The Illuminati (chief villain david icke) battling shape shifting royal lizards who want to destroy The British Way of Life (especially fish and chips). Set in various UK public libraries (to highlight the closure threats).

Mr Bond's latest regeneration now prefers ..... men. A new twist in the Neverending Bond Story ...........

With Victoria Coren as M cos I fancy her. Kirsty Walk as a mad scottish albino assassin. Benedict Cumberthingy as "miss moneypenny". And why not have roger moore playing a cameo role as Q ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any sensible suggestions?
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Who would be Bond? Daniel Craig

Who would be the Villain? Mark Strong

What locations would you use? Australia (some stunt action on top of Sydney Opera House - plus sharks and assorted poisonous beasties used to deter Bond), Bahamas, USA (Area51), Norway, an aircraft carrier in the North Sea and a remote island in the Arctic Circle where the baddie has his lair in an abandoned WW2 submarine pen.

What would the plot be about? Baddie holding the world to ransom with some device that would cause a global environmental disaster.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bond is killed. No more Bond movies. Happy.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member

Who would be Bond?

You are Barbara Broccoli AICMFP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anymore ideas?
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be a cold war drama set in the 50's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anything else?
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Write a Bond film? OK here goes.

First, a spectacular beginning pre credit sequence with Bond in a vehicle bashing into things and people being burned, splashed and crushed. Bond emerges and tidies his hair and says e.g. 'Hot wet and flat. That's how women should be'. Credits with song by a recent hit maker.

Bond enters office and has byplay with secretary and then is called in to see M. (black, it's time for that now). Some bigwig is with him (a woman to restore sexual balance). There is a problem in some part of the world Bond films have not previously visited, and Bond goes off and infiltrates it, has sex with a female with a double enterdre name and foils the plot with swinging on a rope. Ends with him on moon with six nubile women on phone to M and asking for an extension of leave.

Dont' people ever get fed up with it|? Apparently not, shows what I know.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Bond: Michael Fassbender
    Villain: Terence Stamp with Ralf Moeller as his bodyguard
    Location: I always like the Bond snow / ski scenes, so somewhere like that, and the Middle East
    Plot: Usual
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Come on, lets have a sensible suggestion shall we.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bob Mortimer as Bond and Vic Reeves as Blofeld. Or vice versa. Miranda Hart as classy Bond girl Sophie Tytte-Wanke. Plot - world domination, or something. Matt Lucas is 'M'.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite like Eddie's idea :)
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Bang* *Bang* *bed random pretty girl* *explosion*

*credits with catchy song..*

*spy stuff*

*bang* *bang*

*witty one liner*

*bang hench lady*

*no Mr Bond, I expect you to die*

*dramatic escape*

*bang* *bang* *bang*

*kill big bad guy*

*witty one liner*

*bed main girl*

*Bond will return in. ....*

script writing is easy!
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

Why don't you tell us what you might do instead of griping?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Since You want us to be sensible, here you go:

Bond: Shrek
    Villians: Colonel Saunders and Ronald MacDonald
    Plot: Shrek wants Subway
    Bond Car: Station Wagon
    Bond Girls: Susan Boyle & Lizzie Valaquez
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since You want us to be sensible, here you go:

Bond: Shrek
    Villians: Colonel Saunders and Ronald MacDonald
    Plot: Shrek wants Subway
    Bond Car: Station Wagon
    Bond Girls: Susan Boyle & Lizzie Valaquez

Well, at least he's Scottish...
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I quite like Eddie's idea :)

Thanks - had a thought about a couple of the locations - Australia and Area 51 - Oz has the Woomera rocket range so they have a connection -maybe the bad guys have knicked something. If the Brocolli's are reading, I'm available and cheap :)
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Title: Come and Have a Go

Plot: Bond (Craig) is told to behave himself as he's sent undercover in some foreign political hotbed. He blows it immediately by punching someone at the airport. He then punches anyone he comes across, including Felix, M, and even his nice expensive car, which, as per usual, he writes off after ten minutes.

Film ends with Bond being sectioned and bundled into a white van. 'I'll have the lot of you!' he bellows. Film makes $800m and a follow-up 'Want Some?' is quickly announced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Title: Come and Have a Go

Plot: Bond (Craig) is told to behave himself as he's sent undercover in some foreign political hotbed. He blows it immediately by punching someone at the airport. He then punches anyone he comes across, including Felix, M, and even his nice expensive car, which, as per usual, he writes off after ten minutes.

Film ends with Bond being sectioned and bundled into a white van. 'I'll have the lot of you!' he bellows. Film makes $800m and a follow-up 'Want Some?' is quickly announced.

This has promise - "The Spy Who Spilled My Pint", "Kick The Living Daylights Out Of You", "The World Is Not Hard Enough" and "You Only Look At My Bird Once".
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any sensible suggestions?

.....er ..... as if the plots of many existing Bond movies were not very surreal ........ wot with Fleming's weird sexual folklore and the impossible gadgets and the fact that Bond must be a time lord ............
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Write.

Who would be Bond?
    Daniel Craig. If he's busy, then Henry Cavill.

Vithaya Pansringarm.

Scotland, Wales, France, Fiji, Indonesia, Thailand and England.

A cross between the Cato Street Conspiracy and the Gunpowder Plot with a touch of the Toranomon Incident. In short, there's a conspiracy to use a global event in a not-yet-identified country as a platform of his demonstration to the world. The kind that will annihilate certain countries. It's down to Bond to track down the key conspirators around the world. Boring, but works for me.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    OK, I'll treat this seriously and assume that it's the first movie after Daniel Craig hangs up his gun.

My Bond - I'm torn on this. I could easily see Guy Pierce or Michael Fassbender or Paddy Considine or Eric Bana doing the role well but I'm not sure they would take it and they might be too well-known and unwilling to take on a franchise role at the stage of their career they are at. It might be better with a younger actor like Andrew Garfield or Eddie Redmayne if you want to get 4-5 movies out of them. I'm not even sure that the role really demands a great and lauded actor - maybe just a fairly unknown, dark, brooding sort who can play that kind of stoic role.

My villains - Charlotte Rampling as corrupt ex-MI5 head who secretly funded off-books missions. Tim Spall as accomplice and senior traitor still at MI5. Michael Pitt as young American financier of *dodgy missions*. Sean Harris as cold blooded assassin who tails Bond.

Big action set piece - How about a shootout at the Louvre with all the masterpieces getting shot up?

I'm struggling with the plot. Have so far thought of weaponised viruses, human trafficking but can't really get past the idea that I might be thinking of actual Bond movies! The parody would be easier for me to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's my idea:

Title: BlueDodge

Cast-

James Bond- Daniel Craig

M-Judi Dench

Bill Tanner- David Tennant

Ben Hardy( Villain)- Matt Lucas

Toby Baker- Benedict Cumberbatch

Faye Wilcox- Kirsten Dunst

Alec Mayhew- Michael Palin

Locations- London, Dublin, Trinidad & Tobago, San Francisco, Ibiza, Madrid, Austria and Cornwall.

Plot- to sum it up, the plot would basically be about Bond playing a game of Life & Death with a Criminal Mastermind called Ben Hardy ( Lucas); the film begins with a Royal Navy Battleship sink by a mysterious Alien-type Ship hidden in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean. MI6 are assigned by the Government to investigate what happened, and Hardy is later found responsible for a series of Violent Terrorist attacks round the World. Hardy is a Scientist, who runs a very successful Engineering business. He lives in a Huge mania ion on the snowy parts of Austria, and Bond is assigned to catch him.

Cumberbatch on the other hand, Plays Toby Baker, a corrupt member of the British Government, sort of similar to Sean Bean's character in Goldeneye. He meddles in the Government's business several times in the Film, attempting to bring them down, and it's later revealed that he's working for Hardy.

Dunst is the Bond Girl; her Character's name is Faye Wilcox. She is a Australian Federal Agent also assigned by her Government to take down Hardy. She & 007 strike up a good friendship, and she is one of those typical Butch/Hard women who don't take any BS from anybody, not even their friends. Anyway, she is killed off halfway through the Movie by Hardy's men, who beat her to death in her Hotel Room in Penzance. Bond is accused of her death, but is cleared with the help of Felix Leiter( Played by Adrain Lester).

Michael Palin plays Alec Mayhew, the Co-Conspirator of Hardy. Bond tracks him down to Ibiza in a attempt to find out more about Hardy, but when 007 catches him, it leads to a long chase sequence on which 007 chases Mayhew all round Ibiza, after tiring of Hardy's vile ways, he grasses up to MI6; he is killed by Hardy, who strangles him to death and blows up his Apartment in Ibiza.

And finally, Matt Lucas plays Ben Hardy, a Evil Scientist obsessed with wiping out the Human Race. He plots to trigger a Third World War between all of the Major Countries in a attempt to not only wipeout the Human Race, but build up a new Ocean World, a bit similar to Karl Stromberg from The Spy Who Loved me.

Hardy is Ruthless, Remorseless, Vile and Twisted. And will stop at absolutely nothing to get what he wants.

What do you guys think on this idea? Any suggestions?