Dr Who's MR SAXON

GwrxVurferGwrxVurfer Posts: 5,359
Forum Member
Ok, its rumoured he's "The Master" in disguise.

Can anyone 100% confirm it and provide a source?

Thanks,

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GwrxVurfer wrote:

Thanks,

Only those directly involved with the production can 100% confirm this atm and it's more than their job's worth.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Glenister (gene hunt from life on mars) was quoted saying it in the sun. But I think that's about as official as it'll get until the reveal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GwrxVurfer wrote:

Thanks,

I can confirm it. My source is the Cult forum of Digital Spy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    not entirely sure mister saxon is the master as the doctor meets the professor first, and he's definately a time lord as he regenerates at the end of utopia. so by the final 2 episodes of the series the doctor is going to know he's not the last of the timelords, so saxon being the master would hardly be a surprise. maybe the professor is the master and saxon is another timelord perhaps omega? who has taken over the body of the prime minister, which would put the doctor in a bit of a predicament having to defeat and possibly destroy the other two surviving members of his own people.
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or the professor regenerates into the master, who has been masquerading as mr saxon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    probably not as saxon doesn't appear until the final 2 episodes, so it doesn't make sense to introduce him and then revisit his story, as once he's proved to be the master there would be no point watching the last episodes
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened to all the Spoiler warnings these days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, am I completely stupid or could someone tell me who Mr.Saxon is?
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really consider any of this spoilers, it's just speculation.

My hunch will be that the professor will regenerate into saxon, jump into his tradis and disappear, heading to earth - Where he becomes saxon and runs for office. He can arrive at the earth much earlier than the doctor, hence all the vote saxon posters etc, that have shown up on the docs previous visits.

The doctor will need to arrive after the point in time when he last visited, to avoid issues similiar to the ones mentioned in the episode with Rose's dad.

Doctor will arrive just in time to stop Saxon from orchestrating a cue de tat. Saxon will have gotten an alien race to invade, as a pretext for him to seize power, Doc will have to fight them and prove Saxon is you know who
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote:
    Don't really consider any of this spoilers, it's just speculation.

My hunch will be that the professor will regenerate into saxon, jump into his tradis and disappear, heading to earth - Where he becomes saxon and runs for office. He can arrive at the earth much earlier than the doctor, hence all the vote saxon posters etc, that have shown up on the docs previous visits.

The doctor will need to arrive after the point in time when he last visited, to avoid issues similiar to the ones mentioned in the episode with Rose's dad.

Doctor will arrive just in time to stop Saxon from orchestrating a cue de tat. Saxon will have gotten an alien race to invade, as a pretext for him to seize power, Doc will have to fight them and prove Saxon is you know who
    That's an excellent theory, and one that deals with my concern about Professor-regenerate-Saxon, that of the prior references.

Not sure it's completely sound, if Professor has a Tardis then surely he could do his bad deeds in a less convoluted way, but what would be the fun in that? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've thought for a while now that Derek Jacobi as the Professor will turn out to be The Master. I've definitely read somewhere that he's playing a baddie - but I don't think he's obviously nasty straight away. This would lead into the final two-parter with DJ regenerating into John Simm.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ollie3 wrote:

He appears to be some sort of politician who will be appearing in the last two episode. However his name appeared twice in Smith and Jones. Once on an election poster and once in a voice over at the end when somewhere who had been in the hospital was being interviewed "Mr Saxon is right......"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah rite, thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - it strikes me that "Saxon" is an anagram of Axons and I seem to remember the Master as played by the great Roger Delgado was in a Dr Who with the Axons in it in the days of Jon Pertwee, Jo and the Brigadier...?
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollie3 wrote:

You can get more info from

http://www.votesaxon.org.uk
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollie3 wrote:

He has a lovely smile too :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwO4aMsvJMk (1minute 6 seconds in)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I think i'm gonna enjoy watching John Simm as Mr Saxon/The Master?. :rolleyes: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I don’t think the Professor regeneration will happen. This rumour was reported in the sun before John Simm was announced for the finale. Now it doesn’t really fit that this big revelation will come at the end of episode 11 leaving no big shocks for the final 2.

He’s a normal bloke and it’s just a coincidence he has the same ‘The’ name as The Doctor, Master, Rani. Besides, The Master has run out of regenerations and was last seen trying to steal The Doctor’s, so I can't see how and why he would be out their regenerating whilst also back on Earth empire building.

The Professor might be linked to the Face of Boe somehow. As they said on DW Confidential we find exactly who he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please note that UNIT have infiltrated some of the content on the above
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    Please note that UNIT have infiltrated some of the content on the above
    :D
    I loved UNIT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    I loved UNIT.
    Well they appear to have remove Saxons statement a total violation :sleep:
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evilfish wrote:
    I don’t think the Professor regeneration will happen. This rumour was reported in the sun before John Simm was announced for the finale. Now it doesn’t really fit that this big revelation will come at the end of episode 11 leaving no big shocks for the final 2.

He’s a normal bloke and it’s just a coincidence he has the same ‘The’ name as The Doctor, Master, Rani. Besides, The Master has run out of regenerations and was last seen trying to steal The Doctor’s, so I can't see how and why he would be out their regenerating whilst also back on Earth empire building.

The Professor might be linked to the Face of Boe somehow. As they said on DW Confidential we find exactly who he was.

If the professor does regenerate, and is the master - it answers the question of a time lord being able to regenerate more than 13 times (maybe as a result of the rest of the time lords being dead?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    Well they appear to have remove Saxons statement a total violation :sleep:

Oh!

not sure whether to be annoyed that they're still busybodying or pleased that they're still active.

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    GwrxVurfer wrote:

Thanks,
    Radio Times front cover the week before the episodes air.