Options

Dr Who's MR SAXON

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah apparently there's an episode coming up where the doctor explores being human. o0
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote:
    HOWEVER, as we all know, nothing is ever 100% canonical in Dr Who - concepts from change, are rewritten of just plain ignored all the time - there is no reason to assume this will change. RTD doesn't need to explain the Master's return. An "I thought you were dead" line is quite enough for everyone.

The Master could have returned after the TV movie but before this series' finale (if he IS in the finale). He might have been involved with the Time War - Dalek Agent or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kryptonson wrote:
    pardon? And RTD won't confirm or deny whether he's including the mcgann movie as canon. If it's so that he's ignoring it, then the master is still very much alive and kicking.

then he is an ignorant ass because like it or not mcgann was the doctor to succeed mcoy
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    then he is an ignorant ass because like it or not mcgann was the doctor to succeed mcoy

But he does count him as canon!!! In fact I read some where that he didn't approve of the common misconception that it was NOT canon, just because of a plot detail which might not even be true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    I wouldn't get worked up. To my knowledge, RTD has never so much as hinted that McGann isn't canon in his mind. I guess this nonsense comes from people overanalysing a gag he made in Queer as Folk before he even started working on the Dr Who (on TV).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    of corse mgann is cannon! or else how is DT the 10th doctor :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:

I was quite fond of mcgann. the storyline however is a different matter.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the first thing we heard about all this was 'John Simm is playing the Master' I'm thinking this is definitely true. No-one jumped to that conclusion, that was the info that was found out. It wasn't like 'John Simm is playing Mr Saxon' and then everyone said 'oh, he must be the Master', it was said he was the Master before anyone even knew he was playing Saxon.

I can't help thinking that Jack Harkness has something to do with it. Whatever happened to him is maybe related to the Time Lords. He isn't a Time Lord himself (or at least he wasn't...) but perhaps his regenerative abilities were given to him through the Master's essence inside the Tardis being put into him when Rose resurrected him at the end of series 1.

I can't help thinking that one of Russell T Davies's plans all along was to make sure the Tardis got opened at some point so the Master could escape somehow.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am i the only one who thinks that Mr Saxon isn't gonna be a bad guy or The Master, and that even if he is a bad guy, it would just be in the sense of Harriot Jones - a typical weasly politician, except with a bit more testosterone and adrenaline thrown in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    The movie is obviously counted as canon as Tennant is the 10th doctor. In that, the master is sucked into the Tardis.

Now, if we are to believe that Mr Saxon is the master, it is quite possible that he escaped the tardis either when Margaret Slitheen connected with it or when Rose opened it. On both occassions, this was on present day earth. If the master does not have a TARDIS, adn Mr Saxon is the master, that would explain him being on modern day earth, as that is where the Dr unknowingly left him.
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mister Saxon = Master No Six

these lot like there anagrams.........
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in another thread, RTD has said that people who don't count the TV Movie or Paul McGann are "tiny, frothing pedants". Of course he counts him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Kryptonson wrote:
    http://www.badwolf.org.uk/

yeah because that looked like a BBC creation as well.

a whois search though shows badwolf.org as registered to the bbc, whilst 'vote saxon' is registered by Peter Ould??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a whois search though shows badwolf.org as registered to the bbc, whilst 'vote saxon' is registered by Peter Ould??

And that doesn't sound like a made up name to you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kryptonson wrote:
    I was quite fond of mcgann. the storyline however is a different matter.

id like to see mcgann and eccleston and tennant in a modern 3 Doctors story but i honestly think that RTD is very selfish in giving true fans what they want to see "ill just slip a davros remark here" my son loves davros and he has never even seen a davros episode but i got him the remote davros and he thinks its awsome and always asks when he is going to be on Dr Who.

p.s the cat just kicks away the remote dalek but he leaves the room when the remote davros is out.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    xodust wrote:
    my son loves davros and he has never even seen a davros episode but i got him the remote davros and he thinks its awsome and always asks when he is going to be on Dr Who.

There are a few DVDs of the older Who's that feature Davros, Im sure your son would love them. 'Genesis of the Daleks' being the best.
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kryptonson wrote:
    And that doesn't sound like a made up name to you?
    It's not a BBC site. It's a fan site. The BBC won't hide behind fake names or put up a site without a disclaimer that it's linked to the show.

But then if the Google ads can't convince you of this, maybe nothing will. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    id like to see mcgann and eccleston and tennant in a modern 3 Doctors story but i honestly think that RTD is very selfish in giving true fans what they want to see .

That would be "fantastic". They should be able to do a full Ten Doctors story but with the older doctors shown just in clips of something. I think it could be done.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xodust wrote:
    id like to see mcgann and eccleston and tennant in a modern 3 Doctors story but i honestly think that RTD is very selfish in giving true fans what they want to see "ill just slip a davros remark here" my son loves davros and he has never even seen a davros episode but i got him the remote davros and he thinks its awsome and always asks when he is going to be on Dr Who.

p.s the cat just kicks away the remote dalek but he leaves the room when the remote davros is out.

I read on OG Eccleston walked out of an interview a few months back because they asked him about DW. Him coming back is unlikely to say the least :)
  • Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote:
    I read on OG Eccleston walked out of an interview a few months back because they asked him about DW. Him coming back is unlikely to say the least :)

What a shame. I wished McGann had come back. He wanted to reprise the role.
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Kryptonson wrote:
    http://www.badwolf.org.uk/

yeah because that looked like a BBC creation as well.

You dont understand the point the UNIT mention means nothing since its not made by the BBC, unless they have a very good idea to make it look as much as a fan website as possible.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few DVDs of the older Who's that feature Davros, Im sure your son would love them. 'Genesis of the Daleks' being the best.

Genesis is excellent, by far the best Dalek story ever made. It's quite dark mind - real behind the sofa stuff in parts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame. I wished McGann had come back. He wanted to reprise the role.
    I know he offered to do a regen scene - not sure his offer extended beyond that. Having said that, if it was only a 13 ep run (as per Eccleston) we would have been much better served in the long term if it had been McGann doing that run, IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    Bone wrote:
    What about Mr Saxon being the Valeyard who appeared in the sixth Dr Adventure 'Trial of a Timelord'. If I remember correctly he was a dark persona that split off from the Doctor between his 12th and 13th regenerations.

The face of Boe said that the Doctor was the last of his kind and 'You are not alone'. On Dr Who confidential David Tennant said that the truth lies somewhere in between this so surely the only way he can be the 'last' and 'not alone' is for another version of the Doctor to be out there?

One possible version is that the Professor is the 12th Doctor and regenrates into the 13th while the Valeyard aka Mr Saxon splits off and goes and does his thing. The fact that the Professor is an older version of the 12th Doctor won't mess things up for a possible younger person playing Doctor 12 later on.

However the comment on the vote Saxon site by Mr Saxon about a 'brother' 'what brother?' tends to point towards him being the master.
    Or there is a new race of immortals being created by the Professor, who are also able to rise from the dead like Lazarus. That way, the Doctor would not be alone in eternity but he would be the last of his kind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Or there is a new race of immortals being created by the Professor, who are also able to rise from the dead like Lazarus. That way, the Doctor would not be alone in eternity but he would be the last of his kind.

could it be The Eternals are still around?