Options

What is the PVR-SMART+ and PVR-9300T?

bradavonbradavon Posts: 723
Forum Member
✭✭
Here: http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/pvr-smartplus.asp
Here: http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/pvr-9400t.asp

Neither are on the UK site. Oddly the link name for the 9300 says 9400. The PVR-SMART+ and PVR-9200T look identical but the PVR-9300T looks slimmer.

Any idea how they differ to the PVR-9200T?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the PVR9200t was launched here it was also launched in Australia with the name PVR-SMART. I think the PVR-SMART+ came out in Austrailia in 2006 with componant out connections.

PVR-9400t is the model for one of the other EU markets. A guess would be the PVR-9300T is probably the HDMI version of the 9200TBX, rumoured in these forums as a possible 2008 release. Certainly the picture in the link is along the lines of the recent freesat product lanched his month but wider.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote: »
    When the PVR9200t was launched here it was also launched in Australia with the name PVR-SMART. I think the PVR-SMART+ came out in Austrailia in 2006 with componant out connections.

PVR-9400t is the model for one of the other EU markets. A guess would be the PVR-9300T is probably the HDMI version of the 9200TBX, rumoured in these forums as a possible 2008 release. Certainly the picture in the link is along the lines of the recent freesat product lanched his month but wider.

I think you will find that they are both terrestrial receivers, not satellite.
    Rgds Bob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rgds Bob.

These receivers are in the Digital Terrestrial section of that web site - so one would presume so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the PVR9200t was launched here it was also launched in Australia with the name PVR-SMART.
    Thanks. That is a better name. If Apple have taught us anything it's that people relate to a name more than a number.

I find it incredible that everyone thinks of Sky+ when they think of PVRs. You even hear people say "I've Sky+ed it". It's not surprising when no PVR manufacturer has ever advertised their products.

Many don't even realise you can get Freeview PVRs too.
    PVR-9400t is the model for one of the other EU markets. A guess would be the PVR-9300T is probably the HDMI version of the 9200TBX, rumoured in these forums as a possible 2008 release.
    Are you sure the 9300 and 9400 are both getting released? That link above implies the 9400 has been renamed to 9300.

Is there any word of a 9200 with HDMI being released in The UK?
    Certainly the picture in the link is along the lines of the recent freesat product lanched his month but wider.
    I noticed that. The 9300 looks very similar to Humax's Freesat HD box. Speaking of Freesat I'm not interested until they release a PVR and offer more than one HD channel.
    Marc was just commenting they look similar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradavon wrote: »
    Are you sure the 9300 and 9400 are both getting released? That link above implies the 9400 has been renamed to 9300.

The 9400T is another existing PVR like your UK 9200t thats been around for a while, but for the Italian market and maybe Poland. The 9300t is a new one to me. Could be the 9200t with HDMI option thats been rumoured here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

Any idea how the 9200 and 9400 differ?
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    bradavon wrote: »
    Thanks.

Any idea how the 9200 and 9400 differ?
    I read somewhere recently that in Italy there are DVB-T transmissions on VHF and UHF. That would be a minimum difference (tuners, or firmware to allow the extended tuner range).