Options

KH leaving EE Already?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm just wondering, how a transition producer would have the power to axe so many characters!!

was she brought in temporarily? or has something happened behind the scenes? makes you think....

or maybe i just have too much time on my hands!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    bigviv wrote:
    i'm just wondering, how a transition producer would have the power to axe so many characters!!

was she brought in temporarily? or has something happened behind the scenes? makes you think....

or maybe i just have too much time on my hands!

I also thought this - there must have been huge consultations with all the crew and management staff at the BBC/EE about axing characters and not just KH decision alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats unbelievable but from the sounds of things there are big names involved in bringing EE back to flying form. John Yorke and Tony Jordan will be a great team, looks like EE is the Beebs no1 priority at the moment !!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think trixie-firecrackers previous theory about her being brought in upon a Berridge axe is the most plausible option. :)

Thanks! I'm very clever at reading these things.

I love the idea of two exec producers though as well as John Yorke being the top man EE should not fail now.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! I'm very clever at reading these things.

I love the idea of two exec producers though as well as John Yorke being the top man EE should not fail now.

So am I- twice the brain power! :p Then again thats what they thought when Evans and Houllier managed Liverpool together. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Berridge is returning.

Don't even joke about it!

Helen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So am I- twice the brain power! :p Then again thats what they thought when Evans and Houllier managed Liverpool together. :eek:

Well I don't follow football so I'm lost :)
    I'm really excited about this the bbc must mean business with Eastenders now and John Yorke did say something about EE being his top priority a while back. Great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    Oh my gosh, yeah!!!
    I remember now reading that her role was temporary but I thought that when John Yorke came back he decided to keep her on. I remember making a post saying that "hopefully the temporary Exec. will put things bck into shape"
    I REALLY thought they had decided to keep her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This illustrates my memory but I don't even remember her just being temporary! :p
    Trixie- good for you. I wish I could scrub that particular part of my football memory out! :eek: :p
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might also be a connection with the announcement today that Barbara Windsor would be returning. I got the impression that KH didnt seem to want her back. Maybe her future plots relied too heavily on the gangster theme. She made some good decisions but killing off Paul and Den were mistakes in my opinion.
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise she was only going to be there a couple of months. Will this affect any future storylines? The way KH was talking in one of the newspapers she had storylines mapped out for the summer so maybe the storylines mentioned in it will be changed?

I hope this was always the deal for her. It's a shame as everyone seemed to think that it was going back in the right direction under KH and now it'll be overhauled again. It might take even longer now for EE to get back to somewhere where it was and settle down under one constant producer with his/her own plans rather than having to finish off the last one's ideas like KH herself had to do.

So is Tony Jordan is sharing the job with someone or is he there in another role?
  • Options
    Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope this was always the deal for her. It's a shame as everyone seemed to think that it was going back in the right direction under KH and now it'll be overhauled again. It might take even longer now for EE to get back to somewhere where it was and settle down under one constant producer with his/her own plans rather than having to finish off the last one's ideas like KH herself had to do.

Of course, any change in management, whether planned or unplanned, will leave a great degree of instability at Elstree for a number of months to come. Expect more clangers from the real life cast soon through going off the rails, and more spoilers to convince the viewers that everything's OK. And of course, some more tangled storylines, which are likely to have gone through the mixer of no fewer than THREE executive producers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is this going to give the press more ammunition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is this going to give the press more ammunition?

Of course!
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, any change in management, whether planned or unplanned, will leave a great degree of instability at Elstree for a number of months to come. Expect more clangers from the real life cast soon through going off the rails, and more spoilers to convince the viewers that everything's OK. And of course, some more tangled storylines, which are likely to have gone through the mixer of no fewer than THREE executive producers.
    I don't know about the real life cast going off the rails but I agree that it will be a bit unstable handing it all over to someone else to finish someone else's work. I just wonder if this was always the plan. I mean she did axe a lot of actors, yet was only there for 2/3 months? That's a big cull and a huge upheaval for a temporary producer to undertake and then just walk away from the show having axed them and leaving someone else to pick it up from there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree things have hardly been stable in EE the changes may mess things up even more. However if it was always the plan for KH to be temporary then surely the storylines she had planned and cast changes would have been discussed with other producers and maybe even JY himself,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the real life cast going off the rails but I agree that it will be a bit unstable handing it all over to someone else to finish someone else's work. I just wonder if this was always the plan. I mean she did axe a lot of actors, yet was only there for 2/3 months? That's a big cull and a huge upheaval for a temporary producer to undertake and then just walk away from the show having axed them and leaving someone else to pick it up from there.

I still have my suspicions about this. I'll call up a friend who works at Yorkshire Television shortly and ask him if he, like me, smells a rat. I won't make any further comment on my opinions for now until I have a word with him. Be right back...
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe there were disagreements with some of the main cast behind the scenes. She did seem very merry with the axe though in most cases it was needed. John Yorke might not have been happy with the direction she wanted to take the show in. Who really knows. I think its in safe hands now with Tony though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgive my ignorance but does Yorkshire tv actually have anything to do with EE because I'm not aware of it? :confused::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my suspicions about this. I'll call up a friend who works at Yorkshire Television shortly and ask him if he, like me, smells a rat. I won't make any further comment on my opinions for now until I have a word with him. Be right back...

I agree - something's not right about this...
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought she was brought in to mess things up after Berridge good luck to them both.

P.S this is why she is still at Holby! lovin John Yorke's return

Just 6 posts in and the name is mentioned :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ask me it was obvious KH was only there to do a overhall after Berridge was sacked she is still working on Holby so is just going back there. No being forced out John York also says she has left it in a good way for them to build on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just 6 posts in and the name is mentioned :confused:
    Berridge or John Yorke?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG what have I done to this post?! :mad: :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still TV at the end of the day, the BBC and Yorkshire both make programmes :) . My hubbie (this user) is on the phone now to him. He is eager to find out more about management structures and roles you know! x
    Ok, cool- thanks. :)