• Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC are just crap.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    The Sony Centre in Enfield is burning out of control now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Liloleme wrote: »
    If they send the army in to deal with a bunch of school children we are going to look pretty pathetic as a nation.

That bunch of school children is currently destroying your capital city.
  • Options
    medico stagnomedico stagno Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    pilot25dmc wrote: »
    My brother in law is with 1st Batt Irish Guards based at Victoria Barracks, his phones been off since 12am. Last message I got he said they are ready to go when given the nod which he said was probably soon.

So in your opinion do you think the nod may have already been given? i hope so because this is truly horrifying, i'm lucky i'm in Venice but i'm sitting here with fellow expats watching the coverage and we are all teary.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food supplies safe...it is the Sony distribution centre, not sainsburys

Yep, that's what they just said, Sony.....
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is domestic terrorism, and i now believe the use of lethal force has to be authorised, peoples lives,jobs and future have been screwed by feral scum. If they die while looting then i'm pretty sure not many will shed a tear.
    But of course being the cowards they are they'll all go running back to their estates & to admire their new trainers & TVs after we have spent hundreds of millions deploying the army.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liloleme wrote: »
    If they send the army in to deal with a bunch of school children we are going to look pretty pathetic as a nation.

Why? it is not just schoolkids, it is mainly youths in large numbers intent on creating mayhem and believing they are untouchable
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky just said it was sainburys depot and it was on fire within the last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    As someone said earlier, the looting should be treated as an act of sustained terrorism against the British population and the police and army should respond accordingly.

Exactly, hate to be sterotypical but I'll bet if they asian and muslim they'd be ordered to carry firearms.

These scum kids have too much protection.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    So the morons steal cheap stuff from Primark and sports shops, break into betting shops and hairdressers - yet let a Sony warehouse burn down.
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I can't believe this! Just got to Trinity Way in Salford - about 5 cars with their windows smashed out. 1 is burnt out. #riots'

Someone on Twitter.
  • Options
    topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sending the Army in makes our country a failure.

But it has to be done!

What the **** is Cameron or Clegg doing!!!

I cant belive that Clegg had a fantastic opportunity to show true leadership and has blew it! What a turd.
  • Options
    camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    Dear rubbish government, ARMY, NOW!

Its been tried before and failed miserably, the army could be used in a non military role but they do not have any training in riot control just like the MET.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    when does David return to the country surely this can't go on.

He's meant to be here but the meeting is at 9am??? No! it should have been at midnight. Cameron should have been here straight away, same with Boris, Im not interested in this rubbish about it being the 'age of technology' - yes you can call etc but that isnt good enough,a prescene is needed straight away to reassure people and direct the relevant people into action. A phone call away isnt good enough....:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting scarily bad! Dont you think its time to bring in the army? :confused:
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sony Centre in Enfield is burning out of control now.

Awesome blaze I've ever seen, like hell taking over. :eek:
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    topp wrote: »
    Sending the Army in makes our country a failure.

But it has to be done!

What the **** is Cameron or Clegg doing!!!

I cant belive that Clegg had a fantastic opportunity to show true leadership and has blew it! What a turd.

Yes, it signifies a new recent low.
  • Options
    Charley's AngelCharley's Angel Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    And this is the work of kids? It is sick. Why are they setting buildings on fire?
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Hello. wrote: »
    'I can't believe this! Just got to Trinity Way in Salford - about 5 cars with their windows smashed out. 1 is burnt out. #riots'

Someone on Twitter.

Sounds like a standard night in Salford if I'm honest *chuckle*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    man this whole thing is getting so crazy, last 24 hours have certainly been the worst but where will it end?
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's mad, it is happening all around me right now but where I am it is like a ghost town. Barking, Romford, Ilford, I have never been so glad that Dagenham doesn't have a town centre.
    Fingers crossed it stays this way too

terrifying scenes of the Sainsbury's depot, really don't want to see our Asdas go up or the Heathway burn down
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    crosscut wrote: »
    Possibly. Although flip flops wouldn't be my footwear of choice if I fancied going looting. And I wouldn't put what I'd nicked in a butty box.
    Wonder what they wanted from a butty box then (I assume you mean a box and not his rucksack)?
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to be a shortage of PS3s at this rate.

Time to get those Chinese peasants who earn 30p an hour making them back to work.;):rolleyes:
  • Options
    cheachea Posts: 7,827
    Forum Member
    How about some pictures and video from Liverpool and Bristol. The journalist seem very lazy these days.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    Awesome blaze I've ever seen, like hell taking over. :eek:

About forty minutes ago it was said the Enfield Sony Center had collapsed but we got no further news on that.
This discussion has been closed.