Question re Cafes/Delis

2»

Comments

• RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    IrishChick wrote: »
    Ya was thinking of that but the cafe is going to be in a business retail park, where the majority of the footfall are business men and women, so that is why I was thinking of the charging points and newspapers, and maybe a small tv somewhere?
    Ah yeah, not many parents and toddlers then!
    Yeah a small telly tuned to a rolling news channel I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Well that's me told :)

I only got defensive because I found your comment offensive. This is an intense course, It is a 2 year course rolled into a 1 year one so the modules and assignments are really tough and it is not easy to study when I am working. Sorry if I was a bitch, not my intention
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah, not many parents and toddlers then!
    Yeah a small telly tuned to a rolling news channel I think.

Thanks for your help xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highchairs for babies/toddlers are always appreciated. Also colouring in books (or just paper) and crayons are always a winner as not many places offer them (I guess to deter babies/toddlers...) so places that do are likely to be loved by local parents.

Also, magazines/newspapers for adults.

Maybe some chilled easy listening background music too if you want to go to town with it.

Loyalty card?

Maybe an area/section for families to keep them away from others as I can remember how 'grrr' I can be when you just want a relaxing coffee and you have a table of young kids being kids next to you.

Edit- sorry just read that you said it's a business area.

Scrap bit about highchairs and family area..
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good quality coffee and a range of teas including tisanes.

A range of products in the deli area that can also be used to make sandwiches in the cafe.......good quality and unusual breads, a range of salad ingredients (not just half-dead lettuce and dried -up cucumber), quality cooked meats, cheeses, home made coleslaws. Dips, relishes, hummus. Whoops..you said facilities and services!

Wi-fi..as long as it doesn't attract customers who will sit there all afternoon with one coffee!
    Paper newspapers...many web versions do not offer full articles.
    Adjustable lighting esp on the side tables.

TV is more problematic as not everyone wants to watch the same things but in a business park then I guess a TV showing BBC News 24 might be ok

Unobtrusive music

In the deli, perhaps some pre-cooked dishes so that people can by for take-home evening meals

am hungry now"!

edit......a deliver to the office service!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plugs available for customers to plug laptops in.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    " a 90% average "

just saying ;):p
    an average of 90%
    a 90% average
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say cafe/deli, how much deli is involved? Will people be able to purchase items to take home. I like these sorts of products, but I can only use mail order to get them.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comfy sofas
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An etch-a- sketch corner for the children
    A comments book where customers can give their verdicts on their dining experience
    A local events board where customers etc can advertise what's happening locally
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Soft comfy chairs, but not sofas otherwise people just sit there all day and take up a whole sofa for one person.

Free Wifi, newspapers to read.

Homemade cakes.

Nice view.
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freshly baked (from scratch) cakes; none of that mass-produced frozen stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    Butterscotch muffins.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    A facebook page or web page advertising tomorrows specials/special offers and encouraging a 'matey' feel.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, tiny things matter.

Not having to wait for and carry my own coffee to a table. Table numbers or a numbered spoon type thing works for me. A small complimentary biscuit, milk or cream in a jug (no plastic portion). Easy access, away from the ordering area, to sugar or sweetener.

Music you can keep..... I have coffee with friends, to chat.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A "fast lane" for people who just want to grab a coffee and don't want to order food or sit in.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dancing horses

always dancing horses
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you need newspapers and a TV if you are offering free Wi-Fi?

And this is in a business park - is there any need for facilities for children or to encourage friends to sit and chat for hours over one cup of coffee?