Revolution (UK PACE) - Fridays 9pm Sky1 HD

Comments

• brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Aaron's a fat, useless tool for the most part.
    He was told not to let anyone know he had the amulet, but he seems to show it to all and sundry. Getting it out in front of the militia prisoner was especially stupid.
  • sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    At the start when they reached Drexel's place. He made out he was angry with him it was reminiscent of when Han first landed on Cloud City.

They even used a similar line of dialogue - Lando's original line was "Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler."
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any one know what the sky 1 viewing figures are for this series yet?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Aaron's a fat, useless tool for the most part.
    But he had his 'first' kill....and an interesting back-story.

Enjoyed Fridays episode, best I'd say of the season, helped by a great baddie in Drexel......but we need more of the O'Halloran's.

Did like Bath Time too.;)
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it, again.

I was taken in my Aaron ploy at the shooting faceoff. These characters seem to have a short shelf life in this show I thought he was about to be one of them.

Mother/Son reunion :D

I think people are well harsh on Charlie. She's a great character and I like what they've done with her as a character. Can't wait for next episode. :D
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Enjoyed it, again.

I was taken in my Aaron ploy at the shooting faceoff. These characters seem to have a short shelf life in this show I thought he was about to be one of them.

Mother/Son reunion :D

I think people are well harsh on Charlie. She's a great character and I like what they've done with her as a character. Can't wait for next episode. :D

Charlie is growing on me now. I could tell she was doing something she didn't want to do. She's trying to make herself not care since she's been hurt so much but you can see that she isn't really ruthless. I thought the actress was very good in this episode at showing how torn Charlie was. I suppose people may think the same way with Miles but I still think he's a douche :p

I liked seeing Aaron's backstory, and he wasn't killed off! I like Aaron so I'm glad we got to see more of him in this episode. Hopefully he reunites with the group his wife is part of, could be interesting.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After saying I wouldn't watch Revolution because, basically the pilot was so awful I couldn't watch to the end two things happened.

The Following drew to an end and a friend pointed out 'that bloke from ER you like is in it'

So I has space for a hormone based pile of pants...

And I have just about caught up. And it isn't quite as bad as I originally thought. There is a lot bad with it. I hate the lazy use of Flash backs. There are better ways of telling back story. I hate both Charlie and Miles with a vengeance. Neither are good actors. Neither are convincing characters.

But I do like Elizabeth Mitchell - she was one of the best things in V and I'm glad she is getting another opportunity to shine. And, obviously, David Lyons.

And strangely Giancarlo Esposito - seen him in a few things 'guest staring' and he has always been competent. Pretty captivating here.

But the writing is so poor I'm not sure I will be able to stick with it long term
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of those annoying shows like Merlin where the writers dream up a ridiculously contrived way for either the villian and the hero or both to cheat death every week and build an episode around those baffling scenes. Its just too hard to swallow, you keep thinking why on earth would this character do or say that it doesnt make sense.

This is one of the reasons I love Game of Thrones - its much more unpredictable and recurring characters do (occasionally) meet there makers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron although looks like a geek is obviously a clever man and pointing the gun.at.his flask was a clever idea... Maybe I'm just a big thicko but I thought it was a wonderful twist.and quite unpredictable.

I love seeing these peoples backstories and how they, along with the blackout have shaped what they'vebecome.

Look at Charlie for example and the character growth she's gone through. You would not have picked her out as someone who is capable of killing so it was quite eye opening to see her do it the first time. Then you saw her Flashback... She witnessed her mother kill another man to protect her and their food supplies and suddenly you.understand. They're all living in a tough world in which it's pretty much.us or them and nothing or noone will get.in the way of finding her brother who she'ssupposed to protect.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show has improved slightly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Aaron although looks like a geek is obviously a clever man and pointing the gun.at.his flask was a clever idea... Maybe I'm just a big thicko but I thought it was a wonderful twist.and quite unpredictable.

Old, old move - done many, many times in al sorts of TV & film. Not sure where it originates but if you are my age (40's) and watched the hideous amount of TV & film I have, you would either spot it or groan when it was revealed (I was the later:o )

Nothing to do with being thick - just depends whether or not you've seen it done in something else:)

I had hoped they had the guts to kill off a main character. In The Following they got through main characters at a pace of about one a week:D
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old, old move - done many, many times in al sorts of TV & film. Not sure where it originates but if you are my age (40's) and watched the hideous amount of TV & film I have, you would either spot it or groan when it was revealed (I was the later:o )

Nothing to do with being thick - just depends whether or not you've seen it done in something else:)

I had hoped they had the guts to kill off a main character. In The Following they got through main characters at a pace of about one a week:D

They're not main characters if they get killed off once a week. The audience needs time to get to know main characters - and that usually means them staying alive! It then makes an ultimate death of the main character more meaningful.
  • ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL both me and wifey said together, I have a ciggerello case!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    They're not main characters if they get killed off once a week. The audience needs time to get to know main characters - and that usually means them staying alive! It then makes an ultimate death of the main character more meaningful.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek - The Following wasn't very good:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've seen people point guns in TV and film before but on every occasion they actually did harm to themselves. Aaron had no intention of doing so and it was a con.

I'm not.saying the.show is original or even.groundbreaking... But it sure is entertaining. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P.s. Sorry.for.all.the.full.stops.in.my.posts. Typing on my phone isn't an easy task. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ever since Prison Break killed off regular characters TV series' have tried to do the same.

Although Prison Break got ridiculous with it in the end.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, before Prison Break regular characters were never killed off...

oh wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Yeah, before Prison Break regular characters were never killed off...

oh wait.

Not in the quantity that PB did it in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »

Did Prison Break kill that many off? And at least one came back from the dead.

I did get a bit emotional when Haywire died as it all seemed unfair but he wasn't really a main character.

That said, I didn't watch a lot of the 3rd & 4th seasons.

Now 24 on the other hand:D you were probably safer if you were a recurring character than a main cast member:D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »

Depends on the size of the cast.

A show with a big ensemble will undoubtedly have lots of main cast deadwood to be hacked away at.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting more annoyed at the way the Monroe Republic and militia are always shown as the bad guys.

Also it's a shame Drexel was killed off as he would have made a good recurring villain
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There aren't many in either gang I'd like to hang around. Let's bro honest, if it wasn't Charlie's job to protect Danny and the help she needed I doubt she'd have much to do with Miles.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the (many) problems with the show is that most of the characters are not very likeable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I think one of the (many) problems with the show is that most of the characters are not very likeable.

It's Charlie I find not very likeable, I think she's gone to the Roger Moore wooden school of acting! (Before anyone complains he's my fav James Bond! ):p