Collision -ITV1

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsnik wrote: »
    Not sure that they did reveal that he wasn't a paedophile, there was a suggestion that the two earlier complaints may have been false.

"There's no smoke without fire" as they say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised the piano teacher had mentioned the school he'd previously had to leave to the parents of the boy he was teaching, particularly with his slight name change. Parents talk about schools & teachers & music teachers ... he'd have been likely to be found out at any time.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Emma L wrote: »
    Have spent this afternon watching all 5 episodes back to back. Thoroughly enjoyed it :)

I really hope Douglas Henshall gets a series or something from this - i did like his character :)

I really like him as a copper and it would be great to see him front a new tartan noir. My personal dream series would be Stuart MacBride's Logan McRae. I've only read two of them but they have already managed to hook me in.
  • Options
    gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone spot the can of 'Wasp killer' in Sid's room?
    He obviously had a fear of wasps, and panicked.

I also thought that a former Paratrooper would never have got into that car, he'd have just demanded his fake papers and vanished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed part of the final episode - Can anyone help?

I saw the bloke confess to his wie that he had killed her mother but did the police find out. Was he arrested? How did that part of the story end?

Please help. :)
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »

you can watch it again here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved every minute of this show, I wish there were more like it, just a good idea with a great cast and a script that's actually been thought about.

And I liked the ending, the fact it was a wasp that caused the whole thing was quite.... menacing, moreso than if it'd been the fault of one of the drivers because of some longwinded dark secret they had - it was chilling, because that can happen to anyone, and in the end it didn't matter who they were, or what they'd done, or might do, because they had no control over something like that. Very interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mattyowl wrote: »
    That's the 'Butterfly Effect'. Done on Twilight Zone/Outer Limits, parodied on the Simpsons, and at least one film (with Demi Moore's bloke in it.
    Staple of sci fi.

Cheers for letting me know
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read a comment about the "lame" Star Trek part of the story. On the face of it, it's lame, but I thought it spoke volumes how people can jump to the wrong conclusions just by givien few bits of circumstantial evidence & jumping to conclusions by what appeared to be a couple of single middle aged men with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Martacus wrote: »
    I just read a comment about the "lame" Star Trek part of the story. On the face of it, it's lame, but I thought it spoke volumes how people can jump to the wrong conclusions just by givien few bits of circumstantial evidence & jumping to conclusions by what appeared to be a couple of single middle aged men with too much time on their hands.

I'm not even sure its lame.

I am having trouble finding the difference between someone mad on wendyball and someone mad on Star Trek for example. The only difference is that Star Trek has a stigma attached so perhaps some people prefer to stay under the RADAR in case the too cool for school wendyball fans hear about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too V+ it and watched it back to back, and I hadn't read anything about it-I had only seen the brief trailers on the tellybox.

I noticed the re-appearance of the wasp but didn't for one moment think that it had caused the accident. I really enjoyed it, saddest part for me was the poor immigrant dying the slow death and his poor wife. I wnder if she ever did find out what happened to him. Hopefully she saw the missing info the police talked about realising.

Also being a bit of a Doctor Who fan i spent most of my time spotting all the ex-DW actors including the wonderful 8th Doctor. Who was a right rat in this. I'm glad Jane jumped on the train though. Good for her.:)

Enjoyed it *thumbs up*
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gemini666 wrote: »
    I also thought that a former Paratrooper would never have got into that car, he'd have just demanded his fake papers and vanished.

I thought that too. Not very plausible.

But I suppose they wrote it like that to make a better 'story'.
  • Options
    SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    I missed part of the final episode - Can anyone help?

I saw the bloke confess to his wie that he had killed her mother but did the police find out. Was he arrested? How did that part of the story end?

Unless I missed some too, that's where that part of the story ended, we never saw any more.

We do know though that they were investigating the seat belt story & that they knew she was wearing a seat belt & her injuries couldn't have been caused by the accident. We also know the police had called to see him..I'm sure they would return.

Although all the story lines weren't tied up fully at the end, we also know that the individual files were passed onto different departments for further investigation where necessary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I trust they had a disclaimer saying "No wasps were hurt during the making of this series"! :D

where was the RSPCA when you needed them !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got 40 minutes of last episode to watch and have loved the entire series, one of the best dramas for a while
  • Options
    Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the episodes I Sky +'ed and noticed that none of the cars involved in the collision had airbags!
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got around to watching this. I thought it was amazing, but I'm reading the topic through now and I can't believe so many people worked out the wasp thing before they'd even seen episode 2. There was me thinking it was a really clever ending :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    She was indeed...;) Just Good Friends...

And still is! Thirty years on our screens, never stereotyped, every performance fresh and different. Best known as Lisa Colbert in Secret Army ((1977), Penny Warrender in Just Good Friends (1983-1986) and Sally Hardcastle in Stay Lucky (1989-1991). Next on U Be Dead, ITV1 5th September 2010, 9pm. All fans of Jan are welcome to join The Jan Francis Forum.
    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/janfrancisforum
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Finally got around to watching this.

So did I...five years down the line :)

How many of these type of dramas (five episodes over one week) are there? I think this one wouldn't have worked as a weekly show, because there was a lot of filler.