Talhotblond ( Channel 4 18/01/12 )

dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The true story of a teenager who uses internet game rooms to lure men into her web.When one of her victims lies to her,she unleashes a fantasy online that escalates into real-life murder.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    She was not a teenager, she was a middle age woman, she used her daughters information and pictures to trick the 2 men.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Truly a case of truth is stranger than fiction. Shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was astonishing. So messed up. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    pilot25dmc wrote: »
    She was not a teenager, she was a middle age woman, she used her daughters information and pictures to trick the 2 men.

this was called catfish,,,,different i think to what the OP means
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't surprise me that Jessi was someone else but for it to be her mum impersonating her like that was quite shocking and disgusting really.
    Forum Member
    this is a rip off of catfish surely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    this was called catfish,,,,different i think to what the OP means

I think Catfish was another story about people lying about their identity on the internet. It was only one guy that was lied to in that, and he was basically making a film about internet dating, and basically it went t*ts up. This is slightly different.
    Forum Member
    I think Catfish was another story about people lying about their identity on the internet. It was only one guy that was lied to in that, and he was basically making a film about internet dating, and basically it went t*ts up. This is slightly different.

thanks,,,, for a minute i thought i was going mad,,,,lol
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Truly a case of truth is stranger than fiction. Shocking.

Absolutely shocking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    this is a rip off of catfish surely

What was the story on catfish?
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the story on catfish?

It's similar to talhotlblond without the muder. An American photographer is sent some artwork by a little kid, he makes friends with her and her family on facebook, especially the little kid's older sister Megan. When he goes to visit, he finds out that the little kid knew nothing about the artwork and Megan doesn't exist and all the pictures was actually a stanger. It was all down to the mum of the family and she was living in a fantasy world.

I thought talhotblond was facinating! It's such a strange world we live in. I felt so sorry for Brian and the real Jessi. Her mum is mentally insane, I'm shocked that they didn't get her some help and she's just out there possibly doing it all over again. Hated that Tom tried to sell himself as the victim at the end - although fake-Jessi manipulated him, his own delusions and temper got him where he was. He didn't seem to feel much remorse over what he did except for the guilt over the effect on his kids. No mention of Brian at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    It's similar to talhotlblond without the muder. An American photographer is sent some artwork by a little kid, he makes friends with her and her family on facebook, especially the little kid's older sister Megan. When he goes to visit, he finds out that the little kid knew nothing about the artwork and Megan doesn't exist and all the pictures was actually a stanger. It was all down to the mum of the family and she was living in a fantasy world.

I thought talhotblond was facinating! It's such a strange world we live in. I felt so sorry for Brian and the real Jessi. Her mum is mentally insane, I'm shocked that they didn't get her some help and she's just out there possibly doing it all over again. Hated that Tom tried to sell himself as the victim at the end - although fake-Jessi manipulated him, his own delusions and temper got him where he was. He didn't seem to feel much remorse over what he did except for the guilt over the effect on his kids. No mention of Brian at all.

Thanks
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly this docu is not available on 4OD, as I wanted to check something.

I don't remember the film crew talking to the murderer about when he discovered that Jessi was really her Mother, and middle aged like himself? He just talked about the aftermath, and the fact the Mother had got off scot free.

But, in a sense, had he discovered that beforehand, or had Mary confessed to him that she was also middle aged and really Jessi's Mum when Tom's wife found out and wrote her the letter revealing all, would it have led to murder? Maybe not. So yes, he pulled the trigger, but that evil witch was very culpable and incited it to take place.

How come there isn't an 'incitement to hate' crime in the US as there is here? :confused:

RIP young Brian. :(
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Sadly this docu is not available on 4OD, as I wanted to check something.

Yes this is really annoying. I was planning on watching this tonight :(