Vanessa Felts claims well known broadcaster groped her on live TV

Comments

• Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the tape hasn't been wiped, presumably there's filmic evidence of this 'grope'? If there was as she says ' a posse' of people in the studio, then presumably they were witness to it as well?

I think female celebs should keep quiet about these things for the moment, as it's detracting from the real issue - that of Savile's abuse of innocent children.

Absolutely agree!
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the tape hasn't been wiped, presumably there's filmic evidence of this 'grope'? If there was as she says ' a posse' of people in the studio, then presumably they were witness to it as well?

I think female celebs should keep quiet about these things for the moment, as it's detracting from the real issue - that of Savile's abuse of innocent children.

I agree; the issue is that of paedophilia, even if there was a culture of disrespect and abuse of females.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    She said he was twanging her knicker elastic

She could be wrong there, he might have been twanging her Gastric Band, easy to get your hand lost in that lot.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was soooooo distressed ..... (4.42) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3idQ04g3OzA

She hasn't named anyone as a potential culprit, let alone Freddie Starr.....
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I see her on the telly I always think of the fool she made of herself on big brother and realise I cannot take anything this woman says seriously.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member

Notice she grabs hold of his bum, and as for her actions at the end :eek:, even Freddie looked like he'd been taken by surprise.

Did he think 'a respectable surgeon's wife' would do such a thing?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    If, as has been mentioned, this occurred while she was on the Big Breakfast, she wouldn't have been sitting down. She did her interviews lying on a bed.

Read the article, they were "seated next to each other." Not lounging on a bed.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    She said he was twanging her knicker elastic, how did he get his hand up her skirt? She always wore straight skirts which on sitting down would become too tight for a hand to gain entry, let alone travel further upwards to her elastic knickers. A magician was it?
    Not Paul Daniels. :eek: :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just clicked on who this might be. A household name who was on TV, but not in the afternoon, and was loved by millions in the 90s.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're gonna like this, not a lot. Say yes Paul :D
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I've just clicked on who this might be. A household name who was on TV, but not in the afternoon, and was loved by millions in the 90s.
    Mr Blobby?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blobby?

Hardly. I'm thinking of someone who appeared on TV on a weekday, but not after 12:20pm. It might not be him, but this is the only one who sprung to mind.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was it Zig and Zag:D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be Roland Rat :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    RickWhite wrote: »
    Everytime I see her on the telly I always think of the fool she made of herself on big brother and realise I cannot take anything this woman says seriously.

Same here.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Twas King Kong but he pulled a muscle.

I agree with the others, they should concentrate on the child aspect instead of diluting the publicity.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,888
    Forum Member

He lost his finger didn't be...... :eek::eek::D

Ok it was in a saw accident but we will ignore that lol
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she has let down other women by not reporting it and now mentioning it with no name which will not help anyone other than give her promotion
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she has let down other women by not reporting it and now mentioning it with no name which will not help anyone other than give her promotion

Also, innocent names are going to be spread about the internet in gossip and rumours.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    The Express Offices were on the way..

Yes true, bypass the press and go and see the police. Instead this seems a little bit of a publicity stunt, or maybe she's trying to defend the victims, as they all do stick together.

Goes to prove that the showbiz culture is so effing corrupt that they tell stories in papers but say nothing at all about who it is. So let's not reveal this person to be a perv. We'll just keep quiet. Thyen once he's dead we can all tell everyone about him then!

Either go to the police, reveal the person so an investigation can be made and this person is prevented from doing the same thing again, or just shut up.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting annoyed with some of these people who are going to the media rather than their employers and the police. Yes, in the past that was much more difficult and less likely to get a result. However, the problem with going to the media but not naming names- or being able to- is going to create tons of speculation around the web and elsewhere which means that completely innocent people are going to be put in the frame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Hardly. I'm thinking of someone who appeared on TV on a weekday, but not after 12:20pm. It might not be him, but this is the only one who sprung to mind.

Are you thinking of the guy who liked his wine from Tesco?
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groping her was his crime but also his punishment. Case closed.
    If he groped her he must have got lost in all that blubber!
    Should have gone to specsavers.
    And the groper should have gone to Specsavers! :D
    Sinistra wrote: »
    It was Mr Magoo.

It appears that, for some at least, its ok to sexually molest a person if they are not what one considers attractive, middle-aged or overweight.

I am far less concerned about this (Vanessa's claims) than some of the allegations made by children or serious sexual assault but It's not something I think should be mocked.
    If people are sceptical fine, but some of the remarks on here are do not reflect well on our societies attitude to people taking advantage of a sexual nature.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I'm getting annoyed with some of these people who are going to the media rather than their employers and the police. Yes, in the past that was much more difficult and less likely to get a result. However, the problem with going to the media but not naming names- or being able to- is going to create tons of speculation around the web and elsewhere which means that completely innocent people are going to be put in the frame.

In this case she isn't making a complaint, she seems to have no intention of reporting the matter formally. She seems to be simply telling a story that affirms allegations that some men were able to exploit their position of power fame and adoration by making inappropriate sexual advances and that the 'victims' felt they didn't have much scope to complain.

This isn't restricted to TV, or even the entertainments industry. Lots of women sleep with, or satisfy, the boss in some other way to get a pay rise, or a better job. Yes .... even now.