Gregor Rebula and Rachael Heron split

2»

Comments

• soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    On Strictly each celeb is awarded merit paddles by 4 judges, and the 4 paddles are totaled and converted into a rank on the leaderboard. In Bournemouth 13 judges decided, thus mitigating the influence of any one judge.

Strictly celebs dance one at a time in sequence rather than 6 on the floor simultaneously as in a Bournemouth Final, so it would be hard for Strictly judges to immediately award a ranking number rather than merit number in a telegenic way.

Strictly paddles range from 1 to 10, whereas in Week 1 merit placing range from 1 to 14. In Week 1 therefore a rogue merit ranking awarded by a judge has more scope for distorting the leaderboard, whereas in the final weeks with say 4 celebs left, a rogue paddle has more scope for damage.

On a count of first places awarded by Bournemouth judges, Yulia actually beat Joanna by 34 to 28, leaving 3 for Melia. However by Bournemouth rules Joanna won by 3 dances to 2, analogous to winning Wimbledon by 3 sets to 2, counting sets won not games won. If the 5 dances were compared to 5 tennis sets, then Yulia won the jive set 6-0. However, Joanna had 3 sets in the bag, thus the crown of laurels. ;)

The vibes are such that in 4 months Joanna can no longer count on winning her 6th Blackpool in a row.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think that between now and Blackpool is a hell of a long time for improvements and changes to be made, but I do feel the vibes you speak of. I just hate those judges who have their marks before they've even watched people dance :rolleyes: