Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darn it. I fell asleep in the Chase and I have to catch that up and woke of 6.28 and had to watch on demand. I really find these kind of B&Bs strange..I have no idea why. There is no reason why you should not build your house and make it earn a living for you.
    It all seems a little limp this week and I get the feeling most establishments will be fine.
    Remarkable 17 year old and I would expect the highest of standards in the German lady's place.

Now where those sheets Egyptian cotton or not?
    And I will say that if an establishment owner has to choose their pillows and duvet, surely they are safer with hypo-allergenic even if many of us love the old feathers .
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF are the penguins not on until 9 o'clock?

It isn't even as if they talk dirty.:confused:
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Hi Daisy, have you dug into the mystery of which of this weeks owners gives bad feedback on Tripadvisor?
    Just curious.:)

Beans and horse are doing well in France and Goole apparently.

Nope - still trying to get to the end of this thread and Corrie's on now, so may not get around to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Nope - still trying to get to the end of this thread and Corrie's on now, so may not get around to it.

I have the answer. Give my best to Ena Sharples.

L8tuz.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Hops, at least you made an informed choice to read :)
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Now where those sheets Egyptian cotton or not?
    And I will say that if an establishment owner has to choose their pillows and duvet, surely they are safer with hypo-allergenic even if many of us love the old feathers .

I think the places I'm most looking forward to are Sea la Vie, which I presume is a play on words for C'est la vie :confused
    and tomorrow night - but for quite different reasons.

It's another quandary about the sheets and the quality of the mattress. Whenever anyone says the mattress didn't suit, the reply is always that it was expensive...which may or may not be - how long's a piece of string. Besides, the £ paid doesn't guarantee comfort for anyone necessarily.

I think for a small B&B synthetic is probably cheaper and safer, but I myself prefer all natural fibres. The duvet covers did look very synthetic to me and very skimpy, but then I always put a size larger duvet on our beds.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    WTF are the penguins not on until 9 o'clock?

It isn't even as if they talk dirty.:confused:

You obviously don't speak penguine! :eek: :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    I don't like haggis or black pudding with breakfast when I'm staying somewhere in the North or Scotland.

They missed a trick not serving square sausage, it's lovely!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah you'd expect that at a Scottish B&B, or at least a choice of square or links.
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Scottish woman's accent is annoying me....

Some Scottish accents grate on me and I find them annoying, but have to say that I am a Scot but come from the North, which has a certain lilt and is more pleasant to listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    Some Scottish accents grate on me and I find them annoying, but have to say that I am a Scot but come from the North, which has a certain lilt and is more pleasant to listen to.

Say something sweet and I will do you a feed-back form.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe the German lady will serve the lovely square sausage .... or will it be bratwurst or some such thing?!

Bought some square sausage from Iceland (shop) and it was not very nice. Maybe it's time for a holiday in Scotland (been away for a lot of years! :().

Any good online butchers from Inverness area around? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Maybe the German lady will serve the lovely square sausage .... or will it be bratwurst or some such thing?!

Bought some square sausage from Iceland (shop) and it was not very nice. Maybe it's time for a holiday in Scotland (been away for a lot of years! :().

Any good online butchers from Inverness area around? :)

http://www.houseofbruar.com/handmade-sausages-deptb03/
    Expensive but the best square sausage I have ever had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say something sweet and I will do you a feed-back form.;)

Tunnocks tea-cakes. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tunnocks tea-cakes. :D

OH loves them, in the good old days we (my old family) had chocolate dainties............my mum was from Durham, not sure if it originated from there.............they were oblong things like Tunnocks but stickier inside and the outside chocolate had dessicated coconut stuck to it.

They obviously made very little impression on me.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH loves them, in the good old days we (my old family) had chocolate dainties............my mum was from Durham, not sure if it originated from there.............they were oblong things like Tunnocks but stickier inside and the outside chocolate had dessicated coconut stuck to it.

They obviously made very little impression on me.:o

BIB Snowballs - yummeeee. Last saw them in Morrisons I think it was, but they looked half the size that I remember them.

Going off the thread subject here! Looking forward to some real square sausage tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB Snowballs - yummeeee. Last saw them in Morrisons I think it was, but they looked half the size that I remember them.

Going off the thread subject here! Looking forward to some real square sausage tomorrow. :)

Yes quite, I try to never do that for fear of being shot.

The Scottish/ German lady looks like she could be interesting. She could have a few intriguing ways of cooking a haggis with sauerkraut.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that was a quick bite.

I didn't really mean it but it would be funny if just for once, everyone ripped into the contestants.

The dog eater really needs to be confronted by my 3 foxes and my hedgehog.:D

The dog eater was showing off. She's alienated pet lovers everywhere and she's not getting her teeth into my dog!
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    The dog eater was showing off. She's alienated pet lovers everywhere and she's not getting her teeth into my dog!

Bizzarre breakfast conversation - I knew where she was going so luckily managed to cover Brooke's ears before she mentioned cats:eek:

She did have a point - but not when people are trying eat...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Bizzarre breakfast conversation - I knew where she was going so luckily managed to cover Brooke's ears before she mentioned cats:eek:

She did have a point - but not when people are trying eat...

It's a good job she wasn't on the same week as Eileen the cat woman! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds lovely!

I took a bottle (or two ;)) with me away this weekend, just to have a few glasses of wine after I got in from an exhausting day shopping and while I was getting ready for dinner.

Its part of the whole "weekend away" thing really isnt it....

Absolutely. And a crafty cigarette too. That's a weekend away thing. But don't tell OH! ;)
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Reminds me of a quote from a great film call Hombre.

Audra Favor: I can't imagine eating a dog and not thinking anything of it.
    John Russell: You even been hungry, lady? Not just ready for supper. Hungry enough so that your belly swells?
    Audra Favor: I wouldn't care how hungry I got. I know I wouldn't eat one of those camp dogs.
    John Russell: You'd eat it. You'd fight for the bones, too.
    Audra Favor: Have you ever eaten a dog, Mr. Russell?
    John Russell: Eaten one and lived like one.
    Audra Favor: Dear me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how some of those B&B's can keep going because of where they are situated.
    £90 a night seems an awful lot to me when a hotel, even a chain, can cheaper and provide parking, a bar and a restaurant.
    The people on this show all seem obsessed with finding dust so that they can mark each other down. It is actually quite unpleasant to watch at times.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member

I bet she draws the line at garlic or seaweed. Wimp!
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on the last couple of weeks shows.
    Re last week, the Yorkshire couple from Grassington, she makes a comment on a North/South divide, '...Southerners are not nasty, just not as friendly' Well thanks very much Mrs Oracle. Ok that's her opinion, but based on what? She doesn't say.
    Isn't Grassington where a program called,'Love Thy Neighbour,' was filmed? A competition where a family from elsewhere in the UK, picked by the residents of Grassington could win a three bedroom house?
    It caused a bit of a stir for being controversial in the sense that anybody not white, middle class and Tory were unpopular and a single mother, entered in the competition,who was a nude artists model had catfights with the barmaids of the local, when they called her a prostitute and they sabotaged her community activity?
    I wonder if said Grassington landlady is aware of that program and the way it came across. Grassington certainly was portrayed as particularly unfriendly to outsiders, which it probably isn't irl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Reminds me of a quote from a great film call Hombre.

Audra Favor: I can't imagine eating a dog and not thinking anything of it.
    John Russell: You even been hungry, lady? Not just ready for supper. Hungry enough so that your belly swells?
    Audra Favor: I wouldn't care how hungry I got. I know I wouldn't eat one of those camp dogs.
    John Russell: You'd eat it. You'd fight for the bones, too.
    Audra Favor: Have you ever eaten a dog, Mr. Russell?
    John Russell: Eaten one and lived like one.
    Audra Favor: Dear me.

theid wrote: »
    I bet she draws the line at garlic or seaweed. Wimp!

I hear she likes her cat and dog served with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :D
This discussion has been closed.