I thought Ashley and Ola were very underscored

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
Forum Member
In my opinion he nailed it!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Ashley had too much make up on his boobs to make them look bigger, which would lose points in my books!!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    _____
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What underscored despite showing off his moobs! IMO the score was just right.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, watching it back it was fantastic.
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    As an overall total, I'd say their 31 was about right. But in comparison to others on the night, yes it was underscored. I'd have put it even with Susanna (although neither deserved 9s IMO).
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    He doesn't have moobs! :eek::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No point in getting mad at me. I think he has moobs. You dont think so! you're entitled to your opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I found it to be really rather good, content and entertainment-wise, so thought Len in particular was a bit mean with the scoring, given some of the other scores waved about last night. And I actually enjoyed it, which I rarely say about a samba!
  • Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think early over marking left the judges with nowhere to go.
    Thought it was over marked, like most of the dances last night.
  • chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Mrs-Mop wrote: »
    Think early over marking left the judges with nowhere to go.

This. I think the marks were about right for Ash and Ola but most of the other couples were overmarked - he was better than Sophie for example
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was ok, but Ashley didn't smile and looked really uncomfortable so he made me feel really uncomfortable. He was almost grimacing. I can't believe none of the judges mentioned it, especially as Craig had a real go at Ben for the same thing.

But he's a very strong dancer and when he gets a handle on his nerves he'll be really good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I think it was ok, but Ashley didn't smile and looked really uncomfortable so he made me feel really uncomfortable. He was almost grimacing. I can't believe none of the judges mentioned it, especially as Craig had a real go at Ben for the same thing.

But he's a very strong dancer and when he gets a handle on his nerves he'll be really good.

He is easy on the eye, but needs to button up because he can dance and doesnt need gimmicks IMO.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind his gimmicks :D
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member

That's how I saw it as well Alli-F. I posted in the live thread that I know I should have liked it but for some reason I didn't. He did say in the Tesspit that he messed up so I think his nerves were something I was picking up on.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he looked slightly uncomfortable because he had his chest out. I know he's won Hollyoaks hunk of the year or something so probably doesn't mind posing with his top off etc but performing a dance that's totally new to you in front of a live studio audience and millions at home is totally different! And Ash looked a bit self-conscious I thought. He didn't work the chest-on-display look, I reckon he'd have preferred his shirt done up.

But still a pretty decent Samba. Like you say, he seems to be a strong dancer. And I loved the song.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    He is easy on the eye, but needs to button up because he can dance and doesnt need gimmicks IMO.

I didn't like the open shirt either, it made it tacky imo.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were very overscored in my opinion.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leaving aside the pecs (which are very nice), actual dancing was so-so.
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were scored just right. Others were over scored which was the problem.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    I think the open shirt was a tactical move to disguise a bit of lack of movement in the hips - the shirt was long as well and hid more than had it been closed. I agree though that he didn't look entirely comfortable with it. The dance wasn't great - they fair raced round the floor, Ola re-trod some of her greatest hits choreography wise, and in general there was the impression that another theme/another week he would have done much better. Not bad for this stage, though.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was overscored, personally, as so many of them were yesterday. Odd scoring overall. The judges had drunk too much generosity spirits or something.
  • halfnelson2709halfnelson2709 Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the content was excellent and they dance really well together. I did feel like he lost it a bit half way through and it went a bit downhill after that. Sometimes he exaggerates some moves and it looks a bit messy and I think due to nerves he rushes through the steps a by so it looks a bit manic to me. But definitely a lot of talent!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I would have split the scores of the two sambas with Ashley scoring a point or two more. (Or alternatively Sophie was over scored in relation to Ashley.

I don't think it made much a difference at this stage but it is obvious that the ladies are getting the preferred judging/scores.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anything it was overmarked IMO. I wouldn't have given it any more than a 7. Sure he brought lots of energy to it, but I wasn't greatly impressed by his technique.

Not a bad attempt though at a very difficult dance.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His scores were right in comparison to the other dances produced by the other competitors. His place on the final leader board was right irrespective of the scores he received.
    It always surprises me why people give the scores such weight when it's leader board position which is the important thing to judge by.