Options

Susanna's face when she got a 6

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw that tonight, the look of sheer disbelief when she thought she was so far above getting such a score

Comments

• Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I just don't like her. She looks so full of herself.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned it on the Non appreciation thread at the time, thought it was a bit off to be embarrassed at those scores when some of them would do anything for her scores.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    The routine was a mess. I like Kevin, but I think the choreography was a bit off.
  • Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rather thought it was an expression of "Ouch!" more than anything. I think she knew it wasn't her best dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I mentioned it on the Non appreciation thread at the time, thought it was a bit off to be embarrassed at those scores when some of them would do anything for her scores.

She's allowed to be disappointed with her scores!

I know they are high compared to some other contestants, but a 6 is low for her, and I'm sure anyone wants their scores to be getting better from one week to the next, not worse.

Also I thought a 6 was quite harsh after all that effort she put in.

It probably wasn't her best dance so far, but I still thought it was good. And I really liked the theme for their routine. The special effects with the lighting were clever, the way they looked like they were standing on the top of a very narrow and high cliff/rock at the end.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah!

It's a typical, "Don't you know who I am, I work for the BBC? and I'm supposed to be kept in!" reaction.
    Saw the same look or Gabby Logan's face a few years ago.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Susanna and, apart from the Tango, I've enjoyed each of her dances so far. But I think the judges have built her up to be slightly better than she actually is. So when Craig was brutally honest with her for probably the first time it must have come as a bit of a shock.

This is why it's unfair to give people false praise or to withhold criticism. Be honest from the start. Then everyone knows where they stand and can actually work on correcting their flaws rather than thinking everything's tickety boo and getting a nasty surprise later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's allowed to be disappointed with her scores!

I know they are high compared to some other contestants, but a 6 is low for her, and I'm sure anyone wants their scores to be getting better from week to the next, not worse.

Also I thought a 6 was quite harsh after all that effort she put in.

Thought the judges would have gone lower if they were judging Kevin. Why did he wear those stupid boots, he was so flat-footed? :eek::rolleyes:

I thought the whole thing was an unholy mess.

Also she doesn't put in any more or any less effort than anyone else, so you can't judge it on how hard she worked or Julien would be top of the leaderboard every week. ;)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Susanna she is just misunderstood.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I don't know why but I just don't like her. She looks so full of herself.

She seems a bit too entitled imo.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I like Susanna and, apart from the Tango, I've enjoyed each of her dances so far. But I think the judges have built her up to be slightly better than she actually is. So when Craig was brutally honest with her for probably the first time it must have come as a bit of a shock.

This is why it's unfair to give people false praise or to withhold criticism. Be honest from the start. Then everyone knows where they stand and can actually work on correcting their flaws rather than thinking everything's tickety boo and getting a nasty surprise later.
    Well , well said :cool:.
    This is the first time that she has been judged fairly. She has been constantly overmarked since week 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah!

It's a typical, "Don't you know who I am, I work for the BBC? and I'm supposed to be kept in!" reaction.
    Saw the same look or Gabby Logan's face a few years ago.

I thought you said you haven't been watching :D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid has got this right
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Thought the judges would have gone lower if they were judging Kevin. Why did he wear those stupid boots, he was so flat-footed? :eek::rolleyes:

I thought the whole thing was an unholy mess.

Also she doesn't put in any more or any less effort than anyone else, so you can't judge it on how hard she worked or Julien would be top of the leaderboard every week. ;)

Presumably because he was meant to look like some kind of an explorer. You can't really wear dainty dance shoes if you are going trekking across mountains etc! :D

With regards to effort, I meant the energy level in the routine, not how hard she had worked all week.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never see any breakfast TV so Susannah was one of the contestants I didn't know when the list was announced. She seems perfectly nice to me, and I like Kevin too! They make a great partnership. I admit tonight's routine wasn't their best though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Three of the judges are never really honest. Darcey always says "The one thing that was missing for me was..." when a dance was truly horrific.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably because he was meant to look like some kind of an explorer. You can't really wear dainty dance shoes if you are going trekking across mountains etc! :D

With regards to effort, I meant the energy level in the routine, not how hard she had worked all week.

She ran out of energy for me halfway through. ;) But it was a full on routine, Kevin is learning as he goes though because he stopped overdancing after the jive, so he also needs to learn how to put filler into a routine so your celeb can last to the end. ;)

You do know they're not actually trekking across the mountains though, just like Artem's not really a Cossack and pasha and Rachel aren't really bank robbers. ;):p

If you're outfit stops you dancing properly then you shouldn't wear it. ;) the same with Deborah,her second skirt was far too tight to do the jive in and it hampered her dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that tonight, the look of sheer disbelief when she thought she was so far above getting such a score

I saw disappointment not disbelief.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    She looked a lot better in the training footage than materialised in the performance. The styling didn't work for them either.
  • Options
    MistyFashionMistyFashion Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    It's just a contrast to what she got last week, I think she was disappointed in herself as she knows she's capable of getting higher scores. I admit her dance wasn't as good this week, but not every celebrity can be amazing at every dance (bar Natalie, I guess). I quite like her :-)
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    The routine was a mess. I like Kevin, but I think the choreography was a bit off.

I agree. I just didn't get the choreography at all, what was all the Indiana Jones stuff meant to be about anyway. Sometimes a little story line adds something to a dance, this was just a mess.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does not come across well and she doesn't even dance well. I imagine that her partner is nearly afraid to tell her when she isn't dancing well. She seems to like to be in control. I also got the feeling that she was trying to overshadow her partner
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    I saw disappointment not disbelief.
    primer wrote: »
    She looked a lot better in the training footage than materialised in the performance. The styling didn't work for them either.

I am going off Susanna a bit after last week results show when she rambled on about how all should be saved etc.. But I thought tonight she gave it a good go. Yes, it was messy and Kevin overdid the choreography, but it was a concept that didn't work and they may have hyped themselves up too much and as the last couple to go they may have just about combust in that routine. :D

Also, I agree and thought she looked disappointed rather than disbelief. But I have to rewatch it on iplayer to be sure...
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Susannah but she isn't doing herself any favours. She might not mean to but she sometimes comes across a bit too sure of herself
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member

I loved this partnership from the start but felt the routine was murky tonight and didn't all come together.

I agree with Sid, the 'you should give up the day job' comment so early on and others along those lines are high praise.

Kevin is definitely learning what works and doesn't as he goes.