I don't get it!

2»

Comments

• JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    OP, if you want to drive like a nob shaft, go and do some track days.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If OP has a Kid or a Pet and I plough them down going at 35Mph, I wonder if he'll change his tune then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    OP, if you want to drive like a nob shaft, go and do some track days.

I don't drive like a nob shaft. I'm not a speed freak I just don't think it's appropriate to be crawling along at 25mph. I do 35 in a 30mph zone if it's a main road and within reason. I do 40mph when it's a 40 zone and 70 on the motorway.

I don't over take like I'm at brands hatch so why are you assuming I drive like a nob shaft?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Never really understood the fuss about urban speed limits TBH.

I mean, assuming your journey is more than a couple of miles, any time lost in urban traffic can easily be made up once you're out of town.

And, of course, as has already been said, if you're really so marginal for time that spending a few minutes at 25mph rather than 30mph is the difference between being on time or late then you should really consider leaving a few minutes earlier instead.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OhDamm wrote: »
    I don't drive like a nob shaft. I'm not a speed freak I just don't think it's appropriate to be crawling along at 25mph. I do 35 in a 30mph zone if it's a main road and within reason. I do 40mph when it's a 40 zone and 70 on the motorway.

I don't over take like I'm at brands hatch so why are you assuming I drive like a nob shaft?

Scuse me, but what is a 'nob shaft'??:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Scuse me, but what is a 'nob shaft'??:confused:

JimothyD can help you with that one, I assume he has one and I don't :D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Breaking the urban 30mph limit while sticking to 70mph on the motorway sounds like a kind of nob-shafty thing to do.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So why stick to certain speed limits and not others? :confused:
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Good plan :)

I hope you're not one of those drivers that sits right up someone's bumper just because they are not driving the exact way you choose to.
    ... I actually do this when people don't do a respectable speed... not proud of myself :o
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    ... I actually do this when people don't do a respectable speed... not proud of myself :o

Good. To steal from JimothyD, that would mean you drive like a nob shaft.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    So why stick to certain speed limits and not others? :confused:

If you're on an exceptionally long, usually busy main road at 6 in the morning with just you and one car in front of you driving at 25mph are you going to sit behind them all the way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Good. To steal from JimothyD, that would mean you drive like a nob shaft.
    Well like when the speed limit is 50mph and people drive at 20mph then I just can't accept it .... its ridiculous and dangerous, most of the time its people who have nothing better to be doing but holding up the whole show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on an exceptionally long, usually busy main road at 6 in the morning with just you and one car in front of you driving at 25mph are you going to sit behind them all the way?

So what are you complaining about? - just two cars on a road, speed limit is 30mph, driver in front is doing 25mph, simply overtake and maintain a lawful 30mph (if that's the speed limit) thereafter...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to drive on a NSL single lane carriageway to get to work - about 12 miles of it.

The amount of people who think 35-40 is an acceptable speed in good conditions - it drives me mental. However because I'm commuting out of a city to a small town, oncoming traffic is very busy in the morning so chances to overtake are few and far between.

I would never get impatient with someone for driving the speed limit, however.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to drive on a NSL single lane carriageway to get to work - about 12 miles of it.

The amount of people who think 35-40 is an acceptable speed in good conditions - it drives me mental. However because I'm commuting out of a city to a small town, oncoming traffic is very busy in the morning so chances to overtake are few and far between.

I would never get impatient with someone for driving the speed limit, however.
    +1 its just the people who find it acceptable to do less then half the speed limit and don't bother pulling in to let us all get to work on time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    So what are you complaining about? - just two cars on a road, speed limit is 30mph, driver in front is doing 25mph, simply overtake and maintain a lawful 30mph (if that's the speed limit) thereafter...

I'd simply over take and do 35. You didn't answer my question :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd simply over take and do 35. You didn't answer my question :D

I would do as I said in my previous reply. :confused:
  • WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the people who do a constant 40. 40 in a 30, 40 in a 40 and 40 in a 60. What is that about!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizsister wrote: »
    I don't understand the people who do a constant 40. 40 in a 30, 40 in a 40 and 40 in a 60. What is that about!

there is a stretch of road near us that used to have 30 - 40 and 50 mph as it changed from urban to country road and into built-up areas, about 5 -6 changes of mph the trouble with this road was that some drivers used to drive along it at 40 all the way, they didn't seem to see the signs. now its only 30 and 40 mph and guess what, some people drive at 30mph the full length of this 3.5 miles, maddeningly slow but un-passable because of the centre double white lines, grrrrrrr.