Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    It's much of a private ceremony today. There won't be many live pictures of people going into the church. I'm guessing the family have called for that.

Plenty of pictures of people arriving at the funeral, as published by the usual suspect.

Including some who appear perfectly happy to be photographed. And yes, Fergie, I'm referring to you.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    It's much of a private ceremony today. There won't be many live pictures of people going into the church. I'm guessing the family have called for that.
    The media couldn't give a flying fig what the family have called for. They'll be paying top dollar for the money shot of one of the family crying, or Peaches' husband and sons.

Grief sells and the papers will be full of it tomorrow.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of pictures of people arriving at the funeral, as published by the usual suspect.

Including some who appear perfectly happy to be photographed. And yes, Fergie, I'm referring to you.

For goodness sake, you dont know why she was smiling. The photographer might have said you are looking lovely or something.. Plenty of people smile, and I bet most of them did at some point. its just the paps decided to only print the one of Fergie smiling, now there is a surprise ... Not!
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I thought that Bob was Jewish, and her husband has a Jewish name of Cohen, but her funeral service is in a Christian Church.

Bob described himself as an quarter Catholic, an quarter Protestant, an quarter Jewish and an quarter nothing. His paternal grandmother was Jewish. Bob had attended Catholic schools in Dublin, Ireland so he was raised mainly Catholic. His father's funeral was held in a Catholic church years ago.

As for Peaches funeral being held in a Christian church, she & her sisters were baptised there as babies years ago so they were bought up as Christian.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member

For plenty of people, smiling is a default facial expression, especially when you're being photographed. Fergie has had her fair share of pictures taken, so I can imagine she never even thought about it.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Euck, the ubiquitous Grimshaw...what on earth did she do to deserve that :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »

He was a friend. Jesus wept.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    He was a friend. Jesus wept.

Jesus wept, we all wept :(
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Maybe it has nothing to do with NG being everywhere, perhaps he was a good friend of Peaches & like everyone who attended, simply wanted to show his respects?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it has nothing to do with NG being everywhere, perhaps he was a good friend of Peaches & like everyone who attended, simply wanted to show his respects?

Maybe my comment had everything to do with me being a facetious, sarcastic bitch with a strong dislike of all things 'Grimmy'?
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have been friends for years, you can find loads of info online. Here's a start

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2563843/The-Boomtown-sisters-Peaches-Geldof-enjoys-rare-night-elder-sister-Fifi-Trixibelle-party-5am.html
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

A guy in one of those pics is named as Johnny Borrell. It doesn't look like him.
    Anyone know who it is please?
  • Options
    KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    My goodness, seeing the coffin painted with pictures of Peaches her husband two children, dogs and cat, going into the church were her mothers funeral was held, where she was just recently happily married and now going into for the last time was heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace Peaches. And I hope your family find some sense of peace too.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    My goodness, seeing the coffin painted with pictures of Peaches her husband two children, dogs and cat, going into the church were her mothers funeral was held, where she was just recently happily married and now going into for the last time was heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace Peaches. And I hope your family find some sense of peace too.

That coffin was beautiful, bought tears to my eyes all over again seeing todays pictures.

That picture of Peaches & Paula in the taxi after a Harrods shopping trip was just adorable. I hope the family will be left alone by the press so they can privately grieve and try and get back to some sense of normal life.
  • Options
    RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was hardly a beaming smile, was it? It was a small, wry smile which is perfectly natural when interacting with someone. It's a bit harsh to assume that she used the death of a friend just to get herself in the papers.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guy in one of those pics is named as Johnny Borrell. It doesn't look like him.
    Anyone know who it is please?

I thought it didn't at first, but I'm fairly sure it is him. He's just aged, and not terribly well at that.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My heart goes out to Tom for tomorrow. He's a widower at 23 with two children under 2. Can't imagine what he's going through.

I went to secondary school with him, it just seems so surreal that this is happening to him. I've not spoken to him since he left after year 11, but I know of others who are in contact with him, so he has a great support system around him.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I went to secondary school with him, it just seems so surreal that this is happening to him. I've not spoken to him since he left after year 11, but I know of others who are in contact with him, so he has a great support system around him.

I'm glad to hear that. 23 is no age at all to be widowed, unutterably awful :(
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    I was on my way to Morrison's near Davington at 9.30 this morning when I saw a funeral hearse approaching. I couldn't help noticing the distinctive coffin in the hearse with the pictures of Peaches and her family. I guess that they were on the way to a private cremation at Barham in Canterbury.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that. 23 is no age at all to be widowed, unutterably awful :(

I'm not trying to be cynical but judging from similar cases in the past (Paul McCartney, Caron Keating's husband) I doubt he will be alone for long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said you're trying not to be cynical, and then came out with that.
    I hope he wont be a widower forever, but I would hate to even speculate about his future. Right now, and for a long time, Tom will be focused on coming to terms with losing his wife and raising two babies. Astala is still a little baby, even though he's 2 soon.
    He seems like such a lovely, grounded young man. I hope he has the strength to keep going. Paula Yates, despite her children, never had the strength to keep going after Michael died.
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be cynical but judging from similar cases in the past (Paul McCartney, Caron Keating's husband) I doubt he will be alone for long.

Maybe it's different, but since both died after prolonged battles with illness, there is a difference between that, and a sudden death of a young woman.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said you're trying not to be cynical, and then came out with that.
    I hope he wont be a widower forever, but I would hate to even speculate about his future. Right now, and for a long time, Tom will be focused on coming to terms with losing his wife and raising two babies. Astala is still a little baby, even though he's 2 soon.

It's just what happens when young husbands are bereaved, he'll want a mother figure for the children. Even Michaela McAreavey's (the GAA manager's daughter murdered on honeymoon) husband has already moved on with another relationship.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Michaela McAreavey has been dead for three years. It doesn't seem an unreasonable length of time for her young husband to be going out with someone else.
    Peaches' husband is only 23 so I'm sure he will have other relationships. But I hope that the paps won't be hanging around everytime he says 'hello' to someone over the next few months, implying he's moved on and this is his new girlfriend. He has enough to cope with, without all that crap.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    It was hardly a beaming smile, was it? It was a small, wry smile which is perfectly natural when interacting with someone. It's a bit harsh to assume that she used the death of a friend just to get herself in the papers.

Exactly. It looked like nothing more than a polite smile. "A bit harsh" is a bit of an understatement, a disgraceful accusation more like.

The coffin was beautiful.