The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should of put Murray on BBC One in the first place if they know he is playing third on Centre Court.

18:00: News
    19:00: Andy Murray Live at Wimbledon
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    She says that every year, but then an hour later has to do one of those rushed links where she closes BBC2 and welcomes BBC1 at the same time.
    IF the above happens tonight: This is done to maximise the audiences. About 3-4million viewers will be watching BBC One around 7pm expecting The One Show. BBC2 around 6.55pm will have an audience of 3m watching the Murray game. Then when Sue reveals the game is being switched over to BBC One around 7pm or just after, about 2m of those BBC Two viewers will turn over to BBC One. Factor in about 3-4m already watching BBC1 due to the BBC Regional News lead-in expecting the One Show, the Murray audience will already end up being around 5million near the start of the BBC One Murray coverage.

Then when the Murray game heads into the EastEnders slot, there will be up to 6-7m EE viewers tuning into BBC One expecting that. Some of those viewers would already be watching BBC One anyway and some wont stick around with Murray, but expect the Murray audience to build from about 5m at 7.30pm to about 7m around 8.15pm.

This tactic works very well from a ratings pov. The "EastEnders will follow this match" caption throughout will mean viewers including EE fans will stick with BBC One and we possibly may see EE ending up head to head vs. Coro St. and ending up becoming triumphant in the ratings tonight due to the superior lead-in. I want to see EE beat Coro St. tonight in the ratings, if the BBC plays the schedule well and Murray game lasts about 2hours, this may well happen.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Wonder if BBC will put New Tricks or any other drama there now?

New Tricks is currently scheduled to start mid-August I believe and I imagine will be in the Monday 9pm slot. It should therefore run from August to mid October with LLF and probably Chasing Shadows.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murray is losing anyways 0-1, Maybe a move to BBC1 may help him?
    Forum Member
    Murray is losing anyways 0-1, Maybe a move to BBC1 may help him?
    Hopefully Murray loses the first set, as it will prolong the duration of the match. That will help increase the ratings compared to a quick 3set Murray whitewash.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot to mention it. It was Japan v Greece which got 1.77m, on the same night England got knocked out.

.....which was on BBC.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Murray goes to BBC1 at 7pm :)
  • jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Sue has confirmed the move to BBC1 at 7
    Forum Member
    What happens to EE now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    .....which was on BBC.

Given that I said yesterday he would have stopped posting shares on the football had ITV taken the lead, which he denied, has now just proven my right. Talk about predictable :D
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So predictable.
    #
    According to my epg at the moment I'm getting The one Show on BBC1 and BBC2 :D
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    jackc1806 wrote: »
    What happens to EE now?

Depends on how long Murray takes, I think the best option, if it runs late, would to have it on for an hour on Monday, removing the need for the Mrs Brown repeat.
    Forum Member
    scotch wrote: »

So predictable.
    #
    According to my epg at the moment I'm getting The one Show on BBC1 and BBC2 :D

Oh god no! :D
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    .....which was on BBC.
    Worth mentioning Ecuador v Honduras also got 1.8million exc +1 full slot avg, and had a lower share.
    Sue has confirmed the move to BBC1 at 7
    Excellent decision by the Beeb. Expect exactly what I've said will happen in terms of ratings. EE to beat Coro tonight too hopefully :)
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    If the other two sets are this quick EE will be starting at 8PM as planned.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happens to EE now?

It will follow the tennis. I remember the same thing happened last year, Murray's 3rd round match on Friday night switched to BBC1 at 7pm, Murray won at 7.59pm and EE was on the air by 8.01. The way Murray is going at the moment the same could happen this year
    Forum Member
    The bbc will be hoping Bautista Agut wins the next set to prolong the match and maximise the ratings. Murray should dent the first Coro enough though to help EE come out on top hopefully.
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glastonbury power (cut at 6pm by a storm) restored in time for The One Show on BBC2.
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they may have to dig out some Coast's.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    I think they may have to dig out some Coast's.

There's other matches still on, surely showing one of them would be better than a Coast repeat, Cilic-Berdych or there's a few Brits playing mixed doubles.

That said it doesn't look like they'll need them, this should be over by 8. I can see it ending in time for EastEnders and having very little effort on its rating (most soap fans be sticking with ITV), leading to a whole lot of "fun" on here tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its as if the weather and Murray is thinking of the BBC and making it easy for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's other matches still on, surely showing one of them would be better than a Coast repeat, Cilic-Berdych or there's a few Brits playing mixed doubles.

That said it doesn't look like they'll need them, this should be over by 8. I can see it ending in time for EastEnders and having very little effort on its rating (most soap fans be sticking with ITV), leading to a whole lot of "fun" on here tomorrow.

'Twas an attempt at humour.:D
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    'Twas an attempt at humour.:D

You'll have to warn us next time ;-)
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    It's looking more and more likely that EE will be starting at 8PM now. Bang goes Samuel's masterplan! :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    You'll have to warn us next time ;-)

Gets hat and coat and leaves in a huff.:p:)

I'll be back when Andy's won, about 10 minutes.

Oh no a fight back.:o
This discussion has been closed.