Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    So you have nothing to support your comments then, other than it's what you think?

And the fact that very few people buy the tat and the music pa sells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    There is an appreciation thread. It's down in the bowels of the showbiz thread, more unappreciated than Big Nit.:(:cry:
    Don't know how I missed this, so true and very funny :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The Sun on Sunday sells aprox 1.6m copies a weeks (not sure what the 6.7m was referring to)

PA's last album sold less than 3k copies

So it's a pretty reasonable assumption the the vast majority who buy thr paper won't buy his music
    :cry::cry: what Blondie :cry::cry: you mean there not even going to give coupons that we can collect for days and days so we can get a free copy :cry:
    I'm heart broken :cry:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry::cry: what Blondie :cry::cry: you mean there not even going to give coupons that we can collect for days and days so we can get a free copy :cry:
    I'm heart broken :cry:

Free CD with every copy, the lorries have been filling up at the CAN barn all day:)

Terms & Conditions: No returns.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Denim Pete "acting" that film role must be getting closer:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOs06XSnIE

Apologies if this has already been posted before
    I've just been sick :p
  • real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The Sun on Sunday sells aprox 1.6m copies a weeks (not sure what the 6.7m was referring to)

PA's last album sold less than 3k copies

So it's a pretty reasonable assumption the the vast majority who buy thr paper won't buy his music

Sorry got the figure wrong but your number is way out its 13.7 million per week

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/uk-newspapers-ranked-total-readership-print-and-online

Never said they would buy his music but clearly the Sun think people are interested or they would not put him on the front of a magazine which goes out in the UKs largest selling newspaper. So wonder what they see in him that a handful of posters on here don't?
    Forum Member
    And the fact that very few people buy the tat and the music pa sells.

Wonder how he amassed his 16 million dollars. Apparently he has sold 1.58 million records in the UK alone, of which 300k were for mysterious girl. So taking that our of the equation, somebody buys his music
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/uk-newspapers-ranked-total-readership-print-and-online

Never said they would buy his music but clearly the Sun think people are interested or they would not put him on the front of a magazine which goes out in the UKs largest selling newspaper. So wonder what they see in him that a handful of posters on here don't?[/QUOTE]

Not sure that argument stands up real world...Don't forget, the Sun feature KP frequently...and she's hardly popular with the general public.

That's bound to be pointed out....thought I'd get it in first.:D
    Forum Member
    Nicola32 wrote: »

Never said they would buy his music but clearly the Sun think people are interested or they would not put him on the front of a magazine which goes out in the UKs largest selling newspaper. So wonder what they see in him that a handful of posters on here don't?[/QUOTE]

Not sure that argument stands up real world...Don't forget, the Sun feature KP frequently...and she's hardly popular with the general public.

That's bound to be pointed out....thought I'd get it in first.:D

True but the point is for everything he is demonised for on here, he clearly is of interest to the wider public in the eyes of the biggest selling uk newspaper. So for someone who likes to get his brand out there it's a good piece of PR for him.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

True but the point is for everything he is demonised for on here, he clearly is of interest to the wider public in the eyes of the biggest selling uk newspaper. So for someone who likes to get his brand out there it's a good piece of PR for him.

Maybe....but you have to admit...that video is pure cringe.:o:blush::D
    Forum Member

Not watched it to be honest, only post in here to give an alternative view.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of positivity about Pete (makes a nice change from all the ridicule).

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/peter-andre-brings-smiles-selfies-7549967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You only have to read his accompanying tweet to know the video was done very much tongue in cheek ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For a supposed "fading z-lister" I'd say it's a brilliant piece of PR and shows that he is - contrary to what is written on here - very much still in demand. :)
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »

For a supposed "fading z-lister" I'd say it's a brilliant piece of PR and shows that he is - contrary to what is written on here - very much still in demand. :)

Its a freebie magazine with a weekend tabloid newspaper. He's not on the cover of Harpers Bazaar!

In demand for what? Presenting? Are record companies fighting to sign him?

Maybe when all the millions of Sun readers get the paper this weekend they'll then decide to download his new album. That would be a very successful PR campaign. Somehow I don't think that will happen though.

And he is a fading z lister. Imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »

Its a freebie magazine with a weekend tabloid newspaper. He's not on the cover of Harpers Bazaar!

Maybe when all the millions of Sun readers get the paper this weekend they'll then decide to download his new album. That would be a very successful PR campaign. Somehow I don't think that will happen though.

Why do you assume that people who like him must automatically like his music? I like him as a person but hate his music and wouldn't dream of buying it. Spin it how you like, I bet there are many celebs who would love to be on the cover of the Sunday Sun's mag ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you assume that people who like him must automatically like his music? I like him as a person but hate his music and wouldn't dream of buying it. Spin it how you like, I bet there are many celebs who would love to be on the cover of the Sunday Sun's mag ;-)

Like him for what? For his personality? For what I believe to be the contrived family image he sells to the public? My guess is that of the 60 million odd people living in the UK, very few of them would give TM a second thought in their everyday lives.

It's a shame that after all his PR hard work, he's still not, nor will he ever be seen as a serious or credible musician. And that's pretty much what he longs for the most, career wise.

As another forum member pointed out, his ex wife appears in that very paper and it's magazine quite regularly, and apparently she's had her day and everyone in the country thinks she's a joke - yet she makes the cover, too. So I wouldn't be too quick to presume being on the cover is a sign of popularity. Just sayin'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

I don't think he is fading, quite the opposite - of course he isn't a top star, he is far from it and never will be one, but he is still doing well. He is busy, seems to be working non-stop. His businesses are doing well. How many records he sells isn't that relevant - as long as he sells tickets for his concerts there is no need to give up his music. You may not like 60 Minute Makeover, but it is an ITV I show and he seems to be doing well in it. I am not sure why people here put down every little thing he does.
    He is well-liked by his colleagues and the people behind the scenes - that goes a long way and probably helps bring him work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »

I don't think he is fading, quite the opposite - of course he isn't a top star, he is far from it and never will be one, but he is still doing well. He is busy, seems to be working non-stop. His businesses are doing well. How many records he sells isn't that relevant - as long as he sells tickets for his concerts there is no need to give up his music. You may not like 60 Minute Makeover, but it is an ITV I show and he seems to be doing well in it. I am not sure why people here put down every little thing he does.
    He is well-liked by his colleagues and the people behind the scenes - that goes a long way and probably helps bring him work.

I'd be very surprised if TM is given work because he is 'well liked' by his colleagues and people behind the scenes. And I'm not sure you can claim to know that as a fact. Behind the scenes it's possible they think he's a right numpty.

It's soo repetitive to have the same group of people come here and question why we criticise TM. I think its been made very clear, many times. IMO he deserves much of the criticism levelled at him, and I certainly wouldn't be popping onto the PA appreciation thread, if one existed for more than 5 seconds, to constantly question why people like everything he says and does.

And I'll say again. I believe him to be a fading z lister. At best.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

But with regards to BIB, how many records he sells is the top of his list, so it's very, very relevant to him.
    I'm not disputing his coffee shops etc aren't doing well & yes he might be doing a fine job presenting 60mm, I can't comment as I've never seen it but do you not think he'd trade his businesses, presenting jobs to be seen as a credible & relevant musician & have that hit album he so desperately craves?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's rather funny, I laughed at the sun magazine as they say he's " talking about life off the camera"
    Then I'm told how well he's doing in front of the camera. Hehe you couldn't make it up, talk about irony.
    Forum Member

I'd be very surprised if TM is given work because he is 'well liked' by his colleagues and people behind the scenes. And I'm not sure you can claim to know that as a fact. Behind the scenes it's possible they think he's a right numpty.

It's soo repetitive to have the same group of people come here and question why we criticise TM. I think its been made very clear, many times. IMO he deserves much of the criticism levelled at him, and I certainly wouldn't be popping onto the PA appreciation thread, if one existed for more than 5 seconds, to constantly question why people like everything he says and does.

Is are you saying, the same group of people rant allowed an opinion that differes to yours?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

I am saying it helps to get invites on shows if someone is nice and easy to get on with. And of course I do not claim to know it to be a fact he is well liked. After all, practically everything on this thread is based on opinions and assumptions.
    But I do see how colleagues are with him and I have read comments from people who have met him, served him in shops, worked on his gigs or worked behind the scenes at shows and, thus far, they have all said/written he is one of the nicest people they have ever worked with.
    And I think that does help and might be part of the reason why he is kept so busy.

And I am not questioning why people dislike him so intensely - it is pretty typical for this type of forum and really doesn't bother me or interest me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is are you saying, the same group of people rant allowed an opinion that differes to yours?

???

Ok if I've read your post correctly, Where exactly did I suggest that?

You're totally free to have a differing view on TM, but from now on I will not be explaining or justifying any further why I have the opinions I do.

Round and round in circles.
This discussion has been closed.