Options

Early Riser or Late Riser?

Comments

• Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been a morning person!

I am one of those annoying people that bounce out of bed all energised and lively.

I deteriorate as the day goes on though :o

Get up at 6am weekdays and 7am weekends if little one has a "lay-in"
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been a morning person!

I am one of those annoying people that bounce out of bed all energised and lively.

I deteriorate as the day goes on though :o

Get up at 6am weekdays and 7am weekends
    if little one has a "lay-in"
    That's why you 'deteriorate'. :p

Go to bed at a more sensible time such as 2am, then rise when the streets have been well aired. :cool:
  • Options
    himerushimerus Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up between 5.30 and 6.00. The world goes steadily downhill from about midday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Up at 5.30 am too. Its nice and peaceful, just me and the cat and the birds then hubby gets up........
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an early bird. I have to get up about 6am for work but on a day off I'll usually be up before 8am. Husband and son are night owls though and therefore sleep later.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Late, late, late. Naturally I would prefer to go to bed around 4am and get up around midday. I'm not sure what it is, but it has nothing to do with the number of hours I sleep. Even if I get eight hours of sleep at night, or more, getting up at 7am is absolute torture. I'm usually miserable all morning and sleepy until mid-afternoon. And yet if I go to bed at 4am and get up at 10am/11am, I'm wide awake and alert and happy.
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Up at 5.30 am too. Its nice and peaceful, just me and the cat and the birds then hubby gets up........

Nothing beats dawn in spring and summer. I struggle with insomnia so am often up all night and when it get's light at 3/4.00 a.m I love it. No one about, sitting outside listening to the birds, bliss. Then the gradual waking up of society, traffic, the hum of humanity....Winter is just awful though. I dread it.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    I am a late riser, always have been. I am now semi retired and work 3 evenings a week 7-11pm which suits me just fine.

Regardless of the time I go to bed I am always lethargic and sleepy in the mornings and only begin to brighten up around midday.

I would love to be up at dawn for it is a lovely time of day. However, when I try to get up early I just feel so groggy I don't enjoy it....so now I don't bother.

I am a carer for my husband who is an early riser. Therefore I get out of bed, but not dressed at 8am, help him get washed and dressed and make his breakfast and then go back to bed for a couple of hours at about 9am when the carer arrives...

Bliss :):)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like to be in bed by ten, watching a video or listening to the radio. i tend to fall asleep with the radio on about midnight.

i tend to wake between 6 and 8. lie in til 8 or 9..
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midweek I go to bed between 10-30 and 11 and get up at 7-45.
    Weekends I go to bed at about 11 and get up about 8-30 or 9am.
    My 21 year old son sometimes gets in late and wakes me up...nature usually wakes me at 3am.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    I am naturally late to late - almost to the extent of anything else feeling impossible - but I prefer dawn. So either I am fairly awake for the parts of the day I don't like or half asleep if I force myself to get up for the bits I do like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definitely early riser. If my place of work wanted me in really early I'd be up dressed about out the door in under an hour. I'm used to it. My school was fairly far away, my college was nearly 2 hours away so I had to be at the bus stop for 7:00am.

I work part time and I start at 6:15am, which I like because I have the rest of my day to myself. I'd hate to work a nightshift and have to sleep it off during the day.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really have a routine i go to bed when i'm tired and get up when i wake up.
    I really must start to get a routine going though and sort my body clock out, i'm going to be aiming for bed at 1am and wake up at 8am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went out on ill-health retirement used to be up at 5.30am for the last 25yrs and years before it 6.30am ,I waken still at 5.30 then can't sleep anymore I try to get back to sleep but I am before 7am.

Tried going to bed later but does not work!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    On most days I'm in bed by midnight and wake up at 6am (if I'm in Paris). Put on the radio and eat something for breakfast.

Last year I used to get up at 4am; commuting to work took something like two hours. You just have to get on with it and ride the rough with the smooth.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Late, late, late. Naturally I would prefer to go to bed around 4am and get up around midday. I'm not sure what it is, but it has nothing to do with the number of hours I sleep. Even if I get eight hours of sleep at night, or more, getting up at 7am is absolute torture. I'm usually miserable all morning and sleepy until mid-afternoon. And yet if I go to bed at 4am and get up at 10am/11am, I'm wide awake and alert and happy.
    Take up golf.
    Come winter we rise in the dark and wait for a bit of daylight to tee off regardless of the cold or rain.
    Summers a doddle.
    Up at 7.30 tee off at 8.30 :D
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm an early/late riser.

I take my painkillers (morphine) at night which sends me to sleep for about 3 hours which means I'm awake with pain at around 3 am. then at breakfast I take it again and get about 3 hours sleep and wake up at noon. So, take your pick, I'm an early and late riser :D
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    You do seeem very much in a strict routine. Maybe you should have a bed day and give your body a mind a rest.

Why?? Did I indicate I needed to rest my body and mind :confused:
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wake around 6am - 7am , when my depression was bad I hardly ever got up
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    That's not a holiday.....that's work!! :o

What time are you in bed each evening?

Between 10 pm and midnight usually.

I sometimes go up earlier and watch tv in bed or read.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely an early riser and have been since my teens. I tend to go to bed around 11 and wake up somewhere between 5 and 6. This year, because I really dislike the stupidly light evenings of mid-summer, i have been trying to shift my day a bit so I stay up till perhaps 12.30 or 1, so I get a bit of darkness at the end of the day, but it hasn't been easy as I still seem to wake up at the same early hour whatever time I go to bed.

I remember on the night of the last general election I stayed up till about 5.15 a.m. watching the TV coverage. i went to bed, got a bit of sleep but was awake again at 7 a.m!
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a natural early riser but somebody told me many years ago that 6am onwards was the best part of the day (especially in summer) and they were totally correct.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    I am not a natural early riser but somebody told me many years ago that 6am onwards was the best part of the day (especially in summer) and they were totally correct.
    I'll try and make a point of staying up until that time to check it out.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    I'm definitely an early riser and have been since my teens. I tend to go to bed around 11 and wake up somewhere between 5 and 6. This year, because I really dislike the stupidly light evenings of mid-summer, i have been trying to shift my day a bit so I stay up till perhaps 12.30 or 1, so I get a bit of darkness at the end of the day, but it hasn't been easy as I still seem to wake up at the same early hour whatever time I go to bed.

I remember on the night of the last general election I stayed up till about 5.15 a.m. watching the TV coverage. i went to bed, got a bit of sleep but was awake again at 7 a.m!
    Blimey (bib). :o:o

Ever thought of fitting Blackout blinds to all your windows to avoid that awful summer daylight?!! :D

You must love it when it's pitch black dark at 4pm during the freezing cold, damp and miserable winters of UK. :(
  • Options
    emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    I wish I was an early riser. It's such a good feeling when you get up early, get stuff done then know that when others rise you've been up and doing things for hours, like you've had a headstart on the day. Sadly, my tired self upon waking would not agree!