Why are you on so late? 03.16am?

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
Are you an insomniac like me or are you working somewhere? Just in from a night out?

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Insomniac.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just normally up now.

Usually I go to sleep between about 9am-11am, and get up between 6pm-7:30pm.
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drunk and not working today.
  • 123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I am a insomniac but I work from home so touch wood I get to catch up on my sleep between 6am and 2pm.

Since I was a little kid I have preferred night times, I think its the quietness of it all, I find I can get much more done.

Plus I am a keen astronomer so one of my main hobbies is based around the night time which is useful for a hamster like myself.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insomniac.

I'm not surprised to see your name crop up JC! ;-)

I'm the same, and my circadian rhythm (body clock) has proved hard to shift for a couple of years now, although I seem to get by on 4 hours sleep per night quite regularly with no problem. Trouble is that even when I finally turn in I rarely hit the pillow and sleep, and almost always stick headphones on and listen to a podcast about something interesting. When I wake up in the morning I often find the headphones still on my head as I fell asleep with them on while listening to them and then cannot remember if I heard the podcast to the end or not, so have to play it back to find out!
  • FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting some hardcore liberals in their place.. but time to sleep, they all on my ignore list!
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I am a insomniac but I work from home so touch wood I get to catch up on my sleep between 6am and 2pm.

Since I was a little kid I have preferred night times, I think its the quietness of it all, I find I can get much more done.

Plus I am a keen astronomer so one of my main hobbies is based around the night time which is useful for a hamster like myself.

I work from home too but have to be up at 8am for the school run. As long as I can get back to sleep for about an hour after my 3am wake up, I'm usually fine. It's my cats fault, she keeps waking me up with live presents from the garden, foul beast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flibustier wrote: »
    Putting some hardcore liberals in their place.. but time to sleep, they all on my ignore list!

That would be me:D Putting me in my place, what a joke:D:D Hardcore liberal, i've voted tory most of my life:D:D

I'm an insomniac and have been for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Insomniac.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Nocturnal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Woke up from a nightmare, so I got up and made a cuppa.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowdy wrote: »
    Woke up from a nightmare, so I got up and made a cuppa.

Earl Grey ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Earl Grey ?
    Er, no - builder's.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got up for work. It was light this time a month or so back, it's still dark now. :(
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting them in their place? I like it!

That'll be anyone who disagrees with you then?

That list must be enormous!:D

I'm not a night owl.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always been far more nocturnal than diurnal.

Mind you I am a vampire so perhaps that has something to do with it?.
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Struggled to squeeze the poo from my bottom so had to stay up till 3am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Chopan wrote: »
    Struggled to squeeze the poo from my bottom so had to stay up till 3am.

*Cleveland Brown voice* That's NASTY.
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    *Cleveland Brown voice* That's NASTY.

Hahaha
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Are you an insomniac like me or are you working somewhere? Just in from a night out?
    Insomniac.
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I'm just normally up now.

Usually I go to sleep between about 9am-11am, and get up between 6pm-7:30pm.
    Drunk and not working today.

Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I'm not surprised to see your name crop up JC! ;-)

I'm the same, and my circadian rhythm (body clock) has proved hard to shift for a couple of years now, although I seem to get by on 4 hours sleep per night quite regularly with no problem. Trouble is that even when I finally turn in I rarely hit the pillow and sleep, and almost always stick headphones on and listen to a podcast about something interesting. When I wake up in the morning I often find the headphones still on my head as I fell asleep with them on while listening to them and then cannot remember if I heard the podcast to the end or not, so have to play it back to find out!
    woodbush wrote: »
    That would be me:D Putting me in my place, what a joke:D:D Hardcore liberal, i've voted tory most of my life:D:D

I'm an insomniac and have been for years.
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Insomniac.
    Nocturnal
    Earl Grey ?

Bloody hell. There must be quite a few insomniacs on this forum.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

I explained why I was up, and it has nothing to do with insomnia.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

'Insomnia' comes easily to those who sleep till 4pm...;)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is so me. I prefer the term 'Night Owl'. I've lived with CFS for a long time, too, but call the early hours my 'Witching Hours' as I get more done, then.