Options

I miss Ian!!!

Comments

• Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckylady wrote: »
    And why oh why did that bring that unknown woman into ITT to do Choreography Corner when they have two perfectly able pro's on the payroll who could have done a much better job(Ian and Darren)??
    Ian and Claudia always had such a giggle together.

That Lisa lady seemed to think everything was brave and scary! Thank god she's not one of the pro's -imagine how boring the show would be if they all had their celebs doing 'safe and easy' steps!

I was never Darren's biggest fan. Always liked him, just not as much as some of the others. But didn't ITT just light up when he talked about the training last week? His enthusiasm and love of dance (as opposed to love of self) just shone through.
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Appears? I don't think there's any appears about it. The Beeb underlined their intentions by rummaging in the costume archive until they'd found a pair of Spike Dixon's comedy trousers for poor Artem to wear.

That reminds me, I miss Ian's red trousers as well :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well y'all need miss him no more, at least for a while, because word is that Ian is to stand in for Brendan, who is flying to NZ to attend his father's funeral.

So expect him and Michelle on ITT next Tuesday, the traditional slot for the almost departed.
  • Options
    luckyladyluckylady Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonydancer wrote: »
    Well y'all need miss him no more, at least for a while, because word is that Ian is to stand in for Brendan, who is flying to NZ to attend his father's funeral.

So expect him and Michelle on ITT next Tuesday, the traditional slot for the almost departed.

OMG - I hope this is true!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the BEEB will see what a mistake they made keeping Brendan over Ian. I've said all along that Ian would have had Michelle's lanky limbs under control by now!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Horrible circumstances... but I will be glad to see Ian!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    tbh, i havn't really noticed. it was ashame he has gone but i think that he will be back. i heard they are rotating the pro's

i like that idea. Can they bring back Matt Cutler as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that it's in such sad circumstances but I will be happy to see Ian back next week, particularly doing a tango.

I'm afraid it will take a miracle for him to get a decent dance out of Michelle though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member

Thanks a bunch TD. Some of us don't read the spoiler thread you know.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then the BEEB will see what a mistake they made keeping Brendan over Ian. I've said all along that Ian would have had Michelle's lanky limbs under control by now!!

No sympathy for Brendan then, no words of condolance for his loss of his father?
  • Options
    casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Ian Waite is returning to be partnered with Michelle Williams.

Brendon is going to New Zealand to be with his family following his fathers death.
  • Options
    jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    condolences for Brendan and his family

but yeah Ian's back!!!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm amazed at the insensitivity of this post! :(
    I like Ian and welcome him back. But I wish it were not under these circumstances
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I admire Ian as a dancer and as a lovely warm person and am sure that he would be horrified by some of the sentiments expressed today. Am also sure that he would rather be in the dance troupe than dancing with Michelle under these particular circumstances.
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss him - always danced with his mouth openI
  • Options
    GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with Brendan and his family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I really miss Ian, loved him on ITT and Lilia was priceless on ITT last years dance machine "what do mean zero". Some of the new dancers have no personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a Brendan fan but have total respect for how he coped last night. My condolenses to him and his family.
    [/B]

Thanks a bunch TD. Some of us don't read the spoiler thread you know.:mad:

Why read any of the forums, as spoliers are all over them (not just this one). Even the dancers tweet spoilers.
    tawny wrote: »
    I don't miss him - always danced with his mouth openI

What, so you have never heard of the emotion of the dance:confused:

I know that Ian will do Michelle and Brendan proud. Looking forward to seeing his smile and sparkle back, albeit for a week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at the insensitivity of this post! :(
    I like Ian and welcome him back. But I wish it were not under these circumstances
    No sympathy for Brendan then, no words of condolance for his loss of his father?

I'm sorry if my post came across as insensitive but can I just add that I had already passed on my condolences to both Brendan and Zoe on twitter.

I didn't realise I had to repeat those sentiments every time I posted. My apologies :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian is back where he belongs. On Strictly and on Claudia's sofa. You could tell she was glad to have him back.
    And Michelle looks so much more relaxed and happy with Ian IMO
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Ian, Matthew, Darren and Lilia.

I shall miss Brendan on Saturday. My condolences to him and his family on their bereavement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jivinjay wrote: »
    a couple of show dances is not enough of a fix!!!:cry:

think we should start a petition to get him back with a partner next year!!!

I'll be in too :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone misses Ian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't have to miss Ian tonight!

Can't waite. Looks like they are doing a brilliant Tango. Hope Brendan is proud of them!
  • Options
    kasijabkasijab Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Really excited to be seeing Ian dance competitively again tonight ....you never know my voting finger my must have to come out of retirement ....lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasijab wrote: »
    Really excited to be seeing Ian dance competitively again tonight ....you never know my voting finger my must have to come out of retirement ....lol

Mine certainly is! :D So great to see him back where he belongs and doing one of his best dances. It's looking good.