2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Random speculation but some thoughts on celebs for next year....

SARA COX - doing the Christmas version this year, BBC girl, mates with Zoe, engaging popular personality....almost surprised she hasn't done it yet

TIM HENMAN - was rumoured to be in this year, but ruled himself out. However, he's classic Strictly material....middle England, nice, unthreatening. Although suspect he would be a Rachel Riley ie expected to be quite good, pretty rubbish in reality

WILL MELLOR - been a bit quiet of late, not averse to showing some flesh, male totty quota filled.

ALEXANDRA BURKE - dropped from record company, would need a bit of a career boost, probably "a contenda"

NICK HEWER - older quota filler, will stick around for a week or two but not long

JEREMY GUSCOTT - BBC man, Strictly loves a rugby player (but maybe not so soon after Ben Cohen?

NADIA SAWAHLA - random famous-ish woman who will end up mid table

KIM WILDE - 80's throwback portrayed as a former saucepot gone middle aged (a la Patsy Kensit)

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I reckon...

John Craven- Old but not too old (74) and a BBC face. A good shout for first out.
    Nicky Clarke- The token irritant. Hairdresser and friend of the stars- another punt for an early exit.
    Sir Steve Redgrave- This time last year I'd have said not a chance but he's just signed up for Channel 4's celebrity Ski Jump show so all bets are off now.
    Ricky Norwood- He's doing the special and there's an interview in this weeks TV Times where he says he wants to do a full series.
    Michael Owen- Footballer type who turned them down this year. I imagine if they want a high profile younger sportsman he'll be the one they go for.
    Shaun Williamson- Comedy turn who might be good. Think Lisa Riley/ Mark Benton.
    Alex Walkinshaw- I mention him a lot but only because I think he'll end up doing it one day. BBC actor and current Casualty star.

Michelle Collins- She's leaving Coronation Street soon and has the EastEnders link too.
    Frankie Sandford- Token pretty young ringer- apparently signed up for this year but withdrew after becoming pregnant.
    Nicola Adams- Lots of potential for J word here- Gold medallist boxer finds her femininity on the dancefloor.
    Jools Oliver- "BUT SHE'S NOT EVEN FAMOUS". Model and "entrepreneur" and wife of Jamie O.
    Jenny Seagrove- Classy actress who'll be good at Ballroom but suck at Latin.
    Helen Skelton- Would they have 2 Xmas special contestants? I don't know. I just really like her and think she'd be great value for the show.
    Ruth Langsford- Daytime TV host looking for the Susanna effect. Likely to be absolutely dreadful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Michelle Collins of course....dead cert. She's got Strictly "written through her like a stick of rock".

Likely to be paired with James (if he was coming back) or Brendan (if he was coming back) in the role of "Claire King / Zoe Lucker/always plays source pots so she must be like that in real life".
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Chris Hoy
    Konnie Huq
    Cerys Matthews
    Ade Edmondson
  • schmomlinschmomlin Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Burgh78 wrote: »
    Random speculation but some thoughts on celebs for next year....

ALEXANDRA BURKE - dropped from record company, would need a bit of a career boost, probably "a contenda"

Urgh, she is so loud and annoying. Don't think she would last long.

As I've always loves him, I hope Gino D'acampo does it. I know one of the judges (either Bruno or Craig, can't recall which) mentioned wanting him on a few years back.

A few friday panel people I think might be there are Jenny Faulkner, Anneka Rice and annoying Stephen Mulhern.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few other possibilities:-

Nina Wadia - (ex Eastenders)
    Shobna Gulati - (ex Coronation Street)
    Oliver Mellor - (ex Coronation Street)
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomasz Schafernacker (weatherman)

James Anderson (cricketer)

Bound to be an EastEnder, past or present, after giving them a break this year.

Along with one of the naff Saturdays.

Someone from "Holby City". Rosie Marcel, who plays megabitch, Jac Naylor, perhaps?

Matt Barbet (Daybreak presenter)

Older guy likely to be voted off first: Tim Wonnacott (Bargain Hunt presenter)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Keegan - Former Corrie Actor
    Michael Owen - Retired Footballer
    Mel B - Spice Girl
    Matt LeBlanc - Friends Actor
    Ruth Langsford - This Morning Co Host
    Gregg Wallace - Masterchef Judge
    Anne Robinson - Weakest Link Host
    Ortise Williams - JLS Member
    Laurie Brett - Waterloo Road Actor
    Noel Edmunds - Deal Or No Deal Host
    Alexandra Burke - X Factor Winner
    Reggie Yates - Former Radio 1 DJ
    Forum Member
    I reckon Danny Mac will be there as the obligatory soap hunk. He appeared to have a season ticket to the show this year.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Surely some of the Big Reunion lot will be asked to do it? Unless ITV have them tied in with them, of course. I could see someone from B*Witched on SCD at some point, probably Lindsay.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise Minchin. BBC breakfast.

Cheryl Cole, to upset X Factor.

Nick Gromshaw or Chros Moyes.

Jess Ennis Hill.

Pipper Middleton

Ellie Goulding.

John Craven

Lord Seb Coe.

Janet Street Porter.

Christopher Biggings.

Brendan O Carroll ( or Mrs Brown).

Miranda Heart.

David Jason.

Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Jenna Coleman. Dr Who.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,889
    Forum Member
    I know he wouldn't be able to do it, but I'd love to see Boris Johnson do it. He'd be hilarious :D
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please not Alexandra Burke - i cannot abide her! I wonder if Rebecca Addlington who asked to do it this year but wasnt successful might get chance next year. Watched her in the jungle - a girl with alot of issues i feel!

There has been a bit of speculation that Janet Ellis (Sophies mum -ex blue peter) might do it - perhaps next year would be too soon after Sophie?
  • LogopolisLogopolis Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like Helen Skelton to do Strictly she would fill the already been in the christmas special slot.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon...

John Craven- Old but not too old (74) and a BBC face. A good shout for first out.
    Nicky Clarke- The token irritant. Hairdresser and friend of the stars- another punt for an early exit.
    Sir Steve Redgrave- This time last year I'd have said not a chance but he's just signed up for Channel 4's celebrity Ski Jump show so all bets are off now.
    Ricky Norwood- He's doing the special and there's an interview in this weeks TV Times where he says he wants to do a full series.
    Michael Owen- Footballer type who turned them down this year. I imagine if they want a high profile younger sportsman he'll be the one they go for.
    Shaun Williamson- Comedy turn who might be good. Think Lisa Riley/ Mark Benton.
    Alex Walkinshaw- I mention him a lot but only because I think he'll end up doing it one day. BBC actor and current Casualty star.

Michelle Collins- She's leaving Coronation Street soon and has the EastEnders link too.
    Frankie Sandford- Token pretty young ringer- apparently signed up for this year but withdrew after becoming pregnant.
    Nicola Adams- Lots of potential for J word here- Gold medallist boxer finds her femininity on the dancefloor.
    Jools Oliver- "BUT SHE'S NOT EVEN FAMOUS". Model and "entrepreneur" and wife of Jamie O.
    Jenny Seagrove- Classy actress who'll be good at Ballroom but suck at Latin.
    Helen Skelton- Would they have 2 Xmas special contestants? I don't know. I just really like her and think she'd be great value for the show.
    Ruth Langsford- Daytime TV host looking for the Susanna effect. Likely to be absolutely dreadful.

Sounds like a realistic line up actually! I've never seen him in Casualty, but as a big fan of The Bill since I was quite little, I'd love Alex Walkinshaw to do it. I think he could even be quite good, actually, in the sort of Scott Maslen vein.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Mel B - Spice Girl

I can't see Mel B taking part in SCD - she's already taken part in Dancing With The Stars (I believe reaching the final?)
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Mel B - Spice Girl

Don't think Mel B would be allowed to do it, she came 2nd on DWTS dancing with Maks. She's was pretty good too. ;-)
  • captainerikabeecaptainerikabee Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I would REALLY love for a Rugby League star again ala Martin Offiah but with our season not finishing until October I guess it would have to be a retired player. Sean Long or Robbie Hunter-Paul might be good shouts for it though (Would secretly love Sir Kevin Sinfield to do it, but not until after he retired)
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Lamballe wrote: »
    Surely some of the Big Reunion lot will be asked to do it? Unless ITV have them tied in with them, of course. I could see someone from B*Witched on SCD at some point, probably Lindsay.

I was gonna say someone from the Big Reunion, I do wonder had they still not been doing stuff for that show if someone might have done Strictly this year?

Lindsay has said on Twitter that she'd love to do the show so she seems like a good shout, and one I would be very happy with!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Louise Minchin. BBC breakfast.

Cheryl Cole, to upset X Factor.

Nick Gromshaw or Chros Moyes.

Jess Ennis Hill.

Pipper Middleton

Ellie Goulding.

John Craven

Lord Seb Coe.

Janet Street Porter.

Christopher Biggings.

Brendan O Carroll ( or Mrs Brown).

Miranda Heart.

David Jason.

Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Jenna Coleman. Dr Who.

I would say Ellie Goulding is far too popular these days to be doing Strictly, and David Jason seems unlikely as well. Brendan O'Carroll could be absolutely hilarious!
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    I was gonna say someone from the Big Reunion, I do wonder had they still not been doing stuff for that show if someone might have done Strictly this year?

Lindsay has said on Twitter that she'd love to do the show so she seems like a good shout, and one I would be very happy with!

I follow Natasha Hamilton on Twitter (don't ask!) and she tweeted a week or two ago that she'd love to be asked to do it.

She's the cat faced ginger one, for those unsure.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel of Mel & Sue - I think she'd be comedy but not a bad dancer.

That's just who I'd like to see do Strictly, doubt Mel actually would though!
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Danny Mac will be there as the obligatory soap hunk. He appeared to have a season ticket to the show this year.

Have we had a male ringah before? Danny Mac went to a musical theater school, spent 4 years at Wicked and has dance training I believe.
  • Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Emma willis
    Holly Willoughby
    Charlie brooks
    Sam Womack
    Lauren out of eastenders actress I can't remember her name
    Hetti by water out of eastenders Lucy
    Lucy Benjamin
    Ross kemp
    Barbara Windsor
    Forum Member
    Have we had a male ringah before? Danny Mac went to a musical theater school, spent 4 years at Wicked and has dance training I believe.

Closest I can think is Jason Donovan who has similar credentials.

Danny could be quite fun and Hollyoaks are pretty lenient with loaning current stars. It'll either be him or JB from JLS in the "hunk role", and I've a feeling Danny would be the better dancer.
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Closest I can think is Jason Donovan who has similar credentials.

Danny could be quite fun and Hollyoaks are pretty lenient with loaning current stars. It'll either be him or JB from JLS in the "hunk role", and I've a feeling Danny would be the better dancer.

Definitely!

I think he'd do well, Danny seems lovely. :)