'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 255)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd post this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a380250/denise-van-outen-keen-on-eastenders-role-after-meeting-producers.html

Another person saying they want to be on Eastenders, this time, Denise Van Outen but the BBC response is very depressing: "There are no plans to bring in any female cast members at the moment."

Not sure how or why that is since they're losing half their female cast to breaks. The ones that haven't already left, that is. :rolleyes:
  • AussieEnderAussieEnder Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    There was talk earlier about Janine maybe/probably still being married ... I have noticed that in the credits and on the EE website, she is back to being called Janine Butcher... and I think has been for a while...
    On the other hand, on the site, Tanya is not included in the Branning family section, but just with "other characters", and is still called Tanya Jessop
    And Zainab is still Zainab Khan and is not included in the Masood section...

B]B[BThis is probably no news to any of you, but it just struck me. I don't know how this works, because in Belgium we keep our own maiden name if we get married - it seems such an alien concept[/B][/B] [/B]to suddenly have to change your name to that of your partner :confused: So I don't know... how easily can you take back your own name... when the divorce is official, or... :confused:

When Chryed got engaged they were definetly not going to change their surnames. Could you imagine Christian Masood or Syed Clarke:eek:

When I got married I was happy to keep my maiden name. But lately my hubby's surname is growing on me. It is ELLIOTT:o:D
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyra500 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a380250/denise-van-outen-keen-on-eastenders-role-after-meeting-producers.html

Another person saying they want to be on Eastenders, this time, Denise Van Outen but the BBC response is very depressing: "There are no plans to bring in any female cast members at the moment."

Not sure how or why that is since they're losing half their female cast to breaks. The ones that haven't already left, that is. :rolleyes
    :

Morning. :) The countdown to chryed Friday begins....

BIB - no female cast members have left perminantly ( that we know about ) and to be fair, EE really doesn't need any more adult cast at this time, it's approaching 50 with Sharon's arrival and Kat's return. EE can't use chryed that often as it is or the Masoods and Foxes and another blond Mitchell or blond Moon or blond Branning is a no no from me..

Ian's family needs building up but that's it - unless TPTB want him to be a new solitary figure for a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Thank you guys. :D

I have to be honest, I am a bit nervous. Alot of you have already met at Canterbury and Elstree outings but I've been to none of that. I promised myself after my Nigel Harman fixation that those days were over. :o

Ha, that didn't last long. :sleep:

However planning the con over the last few months with Mercs and Dessie has been so joyful and I feel, I can't NOT be a part of it.

I know you guys will be lovely and it's not like I'm a shy person. :D

I'm sure I'll open my gob and say something. :p

A celebrity fixation? What's that? :D

I promised myself I wouldn't get obsessed with anymore fictional characters after Captain Jack and Ianto Jones.
  • MrsPartridgeMrsPartridge Posts: 14,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »

BIB - no female cast members have left perminantly ( that we know about ) and to be fair, EE really doesn't need any more adult cast at this time, it's approaching 50 with Sharon's arrival and Kat's return. EE can't use chryed that often as it is or the Masoods and Foxes and another blond Mitchell or blond Moon or blond Branning is a no no from me..

Ian's family needs building up but that's it - unless TPTB want him to be a new solitary figure for a while.

Fair point. The cast is pretty huge at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyra500 wrote: »
    Fair point. The cast is pretty huge at the moment.

Morning:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    There was talk earlier about Janine maybe/probably still being married ... I have noticed that in the credits and on the EE website, she is back to being called Janine Butcher... and I think has been for a while...
    On the other hand, on the site, Tanya is not included in the Branning family section, but just with "other characters", and is still called Tanya Jessop
    And Zainab is still Zainab Khan and is not included in the Masood section...

This is probably no news to any of you, but it just struck me. I don't know how this works, because in Belgium we keep our own maiden name if we get married - it seems such an alien concept to suddenly have to change your name to that of your partner :confused: So I don't know... how easily can you take back your own name... when the divorce is official, or... :confused:

What name do kids over there take? I was just having this argument elsewhere and people were claiming that a woman keeping her own name or giving it to her kids is impractical/pretentious/just trying to make a political statement. Makes little sense, given that in so many parts of the world the naming custom is different and presumably you get along fine... :rolleyes:

Christian and Syed saying so casually (as if it was obvious that they wouldn't anyway) that they weren't going to change their names made me a bit uncomfortable... not from a character point of view, from a general 'ugh sexism' one. The fact that they barely considered adopting the tradition goes to show how unnecessary the whole thing is, and how that kind of thing is just not expected of men at all! I mean, why were they laughing over the idea (and why did it seem so natural for them to laugh at the idea)? Why would they be any less likely to change their name than a woman? Is it not masculine enough to submit to somebody else by dropping your name and taking theirs? I don't think either of them are any more proud of their heritage than any of the female characters.

Ah nothing like a good ol gender-related rant to wake you up in the morning...
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
    How are we all?
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What name do kids over there take? I was just having this argument elsewhere and people were claiming that a woman keeping her own name or giving it to her kids is impractical/pretentious/just trying to make a political statement. Makes little sense, given that in so many parts of the world the naming custom is different and presumably you get along fine... :rolleyes:

Christian and Syed saying so casually (as if it was obvious that they wouldn't anyway) that they weren't going to change their names made me a bit uncomfortable... not from a character point of view, from a general 'ugh sexism' one. The fact that they barely considered adopting the tradition goes to show how unnecessary the whole thing is, and how that kind of thing is just not expected of men at all! I mean, why were they laughing over the idea (and why did it seem so natural for them to laugh at the idea)? Why would they be any less likely to change their name than a woman? Is it not masculine enough to submit to somebody else by dropping your name and taking theirs? I don't think either of them are any more proud of their heritage than any of the female characters.

One thing that's implied on the BBC Eastenders website is that if a couple aren't married, they can't be classed as being part of the same family. It seems odd to me that although Christian is Syed's partner, he's classed as 'other' :rolleyes: even though currently the Masoods are the only family he has apart from ex-brother in law Ian. Zainab is a Masood through and through and should be in the Masood section, even if her surname is still listed as Khan.

The Clarke-Masoods (Christrian) or the Masood-Clarkes (Syed) sounds good to me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hello:)

Over here, the kids take the name of the father. I have never heard of a kid taking both the name of his/her dad and his/her mom and I'm not sure it would even be possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Over here, the kids take the name of the father. I have never heard of a kid taking both the name of his/her dad and his/her mom and I'm not sure it would even be possible.

My mum took dads last name so I have dads name I can't imagine me as mums maiden name as i am nothing like them i am more of dads name;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Over here, the kids take the name of the father. I have never heard of a kid taking both the name of his/heradad and his/her mom and I'm not sure it would even be possible.

Never, really?! Double-barrelled names are fairly common in most places, just look at celebrities e.g. Catherine Zeta-Jones. It's most definitely possible, and is the norm in lots of cultures (like most Spanish-speaking countries). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never, really?! Double-barrelled names are fairly common in most places, just look at celebrities e.g. Catherine Zeta-Jones. It's most definitely possible, and is the norm in lots of cultures (like most Spanish-speaking countries). :)

Loads of people I know have double-barrelled names here in NZ :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, never but it could be! I don't know what the law says.
  • JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »

I don't think they need *any* new characters yet. They need to work on the ones they have. Denise, Kim, Ray, Chryed, Tam and Afia are all underused. I'm really annoyed they are bringing in yet more Brannings, when they already have so much characters who don't get much screentime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night allx
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all :)

Hope everyone good and those in the UK are enjoying their bank holiday.

Anyway, lurked a bit yday and have to agree with those that I think were saying that they don't mind waiting for the CP a bit if that means we will get an actual storyline that does not focus on their sexuality or kids. IMO, they need to be settled a bit more as they got back together fairly recently and still have issues to get through together i.e. yasmin (well that's a baby s/l we can't avoid and the masood acceptance) but when the time is right, I would like to see Syed propose, preferably in the spot at night where they had the reunion/ (so not being picky- moi? :p)

Also, I would love Chryed to own the AB. I think it so Syed in terms of an actual business with potential to expand (building his empire for his family- Christian and Yasmin). Although, if they did work there then I would like them to sort out the uniform before. Even though we saw them in their MQ outfits which are not that great either nonetheless I do love them because it just signifies the beginning of chryed in some way but I can't be seeing christian or syed in those golden shirts with the burgundy waistcoats. However, Syed in a suit looking like the boss, Yes Please! :D:p I know some have argued in the past that Syed in a suit represents when he was in the closet/ fakeness although in this context, i guess that it could show once again that he has resolved both sides and that he can be a proud gay man in that suit/ Anyway, talking about this to much when its so not going to happen- shame.

I was watching old chryed clips in the morning (totally best way to spend bank holiday). I know chryed argued quite a lot during 2011 as it was meant to lead to the breakdown in their relationship before they broke up but I've just realised that I love post gay bar argument. The lines are so priceless- "Then why are we arguing?", "I just need some space!", "OH, when you find some, can you tell me where I can find a bit. Because until you moved in here, I had loads of that stuff", "Well maybe we should be looking for two new places" etc Aha- it was so petty yet fab and then it got more intense where syed was able to get to the heart of christian's insecurities. There was character-driven purpose to this argument in comparison to others that we saw in that year and they were able to talk about their issues after a bust up. (I know this old news but it was good going down memory lane :)).

Finally, interesting facts about different countries and surnames once people marry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!!! How are we all? :)

xxxxx
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Tickles thread!*
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Wow it's so quiet on here today :(

Have a couple of pretty pictures :)

Snarl :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further proof that we are in a blackhole. Nothing for us to talk about. Dead thread.

x_x <
    dead lovebites

xxxxx
  • elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lush :D Thank you :D
  • JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Jane's reaction. She's like "Awww, sweet. Um, can you stop now. Er, this is awkward. I'll just look away" :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loveing the pics!!! especially the BIB, for obvious reasons...:sleep:

xxxxx
This discussion has been closed.