Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number One in the midweek chart update!

Bastille are at 2 and only 2000 copies behind.

One Direction are at three.

This could be Justin's first number 1 since Sexyback! But the One Direction fans will probably try to get them back to the top now they've heard they've fallen to three. Plus Bastille's fans are likely to support them to try and give them that last push to number 1.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirrors is an alright song but it's not number 1 material by any means... it's a bit bland in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Mirrors is an alright song but it's not number 1 material by any means... it's a bit bland in my opinion.

I felt the exact same until I saw his wonderful BRIT performance. That completely changed my mind. His team are doing him no favours by removing all the uploads of it.
  • Options
    ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

Agreed, I've listened to it a few times and I'm still not a big fan of it. I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer Suit and Tie. :o
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I disagree with the bland comments I love Mirrors such a good song and glad it's heading to number 1
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just listened to Mirrors for the first time, and despite not being a Justin fan (I normally find his voice to be like nails on a chalkboard), and I really really like it. It's very mid 00's as well but unlike Suit & Tie I don't think this sounds dated at all.

It is too long though, I loose interest at the 4 minute mark and just skip it back to the beginning. I'm a Meatloaf fan, I like long songs but this just seems to be 8 minutes for the sake of it in my opinion.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because it is too long, if he released a version like the one he performed at The Brits I would download it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    BRITS performance is now available on itunes and the performance is on the brits youtube channel :)
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel to be in the minority who loves the 8 minutes i think maybe in the context of the album it'll make more sense like the interludes on FS/LS like Lovestoned/I Think That She Knows etc.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the Brits performance and downloaded the song (not knowing it was 8 minutes long!) Is there a radio edit as, although I like it, I get bored halfway through and never end up listening to the whole thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amyy. wrote: »
    BRITS performance is now available on itunes and the performance is on the brits youtube channel :)

YES!! Thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, hope this doesn't damage his chances of number one this weekend! Could split the sales!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Ooh, hope this doesn't damage his chances of number one this weekend! Could split the sales!

I doubt it most likely sales will be combined or if not Mirrors is holding so its looking likely :)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is NO reason for a song to be 8 minutes long...that is ludicrous. This could easily be 4 minutes and would be all the better for it
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very old school JT. I love it.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Such a good song. My most played at the moment.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently 7000 Copies between justin at number 1 and bastile at number 2