Options

Andre - setting the record straight again

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Its now in such bad taste. It comes across as nothing more than a publicity driven filler, another talking point for the show. A cinical attempt at cementing his fabricated persona that is driven by children. Except now its not only his own children dragged into his lame attempts at being percieved in a certain way but these unfortunate children who are fans. Is there anyone he isnt willing to exploit for press? In all fairness the first woman he had on his itv2 show, who's drink had been spiked, i thought it was actually quite moving. But now every week he has another emotional "case" and i cant take his motives as anything but cynical. It wouldnt suprise me if in his next series he'll be filming in Africa "helping" with his mere presense. And whilst conversing with these struggling orphans pictures suface in the paper...after all we know africa is rife with paperazzi! :rolleyes:

Once CAN feel Kerry Katonas public rehabilitation is a success, you just know theyll have her cameo-ing on Petes show. Ugh! I wish these two would just disappear, quietly :mad:

Oh FGS, what's he supposed to do, ignore them? And why have you written case in quotation marks, are they not really sick or disabled or whatever?
  • Options
    ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    Just thought I would show a fair comparision - a like for like....PA's show and KP's show :)

Starting with week ending 14th Feb

1.68 Million
    1.32 "
    1.63 "
    1.45 "
    1.41 "
    1.84 "
    1.51 "
    1.60 " week ending 4th April

The above figures all taken from the same site :)

Silly me, forgot to say these figures are for Katie Price's shows :eek: :D
  • Options
    ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [Double post
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is so boring and fake. He's aware that the (chav) nation adores him and it just shows how easily they can fall for it. They think it's all so black and white. I'm sure he's just as vindictive as his ex-wife. I managed to catch a glimpse of his godawful show and he was 'moaning' because the paparazzi were taking pictures of him shooting his calendar...yet he was filming the whole shoot? What the--?

Don't get me started on his exploitative nature. Those poor children will grow up to be fame-**** just like Daddy dearest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just a vacuous, strangely vain, talentless attention-seeker who is having his five minutes (well a little more sadly) of fame that so many people are fascinated with :yawn:
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    He is so boring and fake. He's aware that the (chav) nation adores him and it just shows how easily they can fall for it. They think it's all so black and white. I'm sure he's just as vindictive as his ex-wife. I managed to catch a glimpse of his godawful show and he was 'moaning' because the paparazzi were taking pictures of him shooting his calendar...yet he was filming the whole shoot? What the--?

Don't get me started on his exploitative nature. Those poor children will grow up to be fame-**** just like Daddy dearest.

You don't know for sure any of the things that YOU are assuming. And your post is totally insulting to those of us who like Peter Andre and who aren't chavs.

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But please don't make assumptions about the rest of us, and please respect that our opinions aren't necessarily wrong just because you don't agree with them. You might think he's boring and fake, but others don't.

Saying things like "how easily they can fall for it", is just rude.

It might be you who is wrong. Have you actually met Peter Andre? Because the people who have, rarely - if ever - have a bad word to say about him. I think I'd trust their judgement rather than that of someone who never met him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    You don't know for sure any of the things that YOU are assuming. And your post is totally insulting to those of us who like Peter Andre and who aren't chavs.

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But please don't make assumptions about the rest of us, and please respect that our opinions aren't necessarily wrong just because you don't agree with them.

Well said Rosie Red :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But please don't make assumptions about the rest of us, and please respect that our opinions aren't necessarily wrong just because you don't agree with them. You might think he's boring and fake, but others don't.

Saying things like "how easily they can fall for it", is just rude.

It might be you who is wrong. Have you actually met Peter Andre?
    Hmm, do really think he isn't as desperate as his wife? Maybe he is more subtle in his actions, but everything he does is fake and he just seems pointless. The fact that he has no considered talent is also further proof that he is using his reality TV show to lure in fans. I'm also not assuming that he is exploiting his children. Proof? OK! Magazine every bloody week.

What I'm saying is not rude. It's just my opinion.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree.

Oh and don't take every single word seriously. The brackets were an indication that I was joking. I know fans of Peter Andre that are not chavs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, do really think he isn't as desperate as his wife? Maybe he is more subtle in his actions, but everything he does is fake and he just seems pointless. The fact that he has no considered talent is also further proof that he is using his reality TV show to lure in fans. I'm also not assuming that he is exploiting his children. Proof? OK! Magazine every bloody week.

What I'm saying is not rude. It's just my opinion.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree.

Oh and don't take every single word seriously. The brackets were an indication that I was joking. I know fans of Peter Andre that are not chavs.

I know people who went to his concerts expecting to be disappointed and came away as fans.

To say he has no talent is ridiculous. He may not be the greatest singer in the world, but he can sing in tune, write songs, and can perform to the satisfaction of all the people who made his tour a sell out.

Not your cup of tea, fair enough, but don't dismiss him on that basis. There are plenty of performers I don't like at all, but I can recognise that they have a talent.
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it kind of defeats the purpose if the paps print the photo`s that are supposed to be in the calender, he was anxious that they didn`t get a photo of him topless, he wasn`t confident about that, however, having said all that, the paps were allowed to take photo`s if they agreed to go away after, a very sensible solution IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's certainly no Tom Waits. Shouldn't one be famous for achieving a level of artistic quality? There was a reason why he disappeared the first time and the only reason he made a 'comeback' was because he went on a reality TV show, 'fell in love' with a glamour model and talked about every single detail of their relationship. He is not famous for his singing. That's not very promising, is it?

That's all.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's certainly no Tom Waits. Shouldn't one be famous for achieving a level of artistic quality? There was a reason why he disappeared the first time and the only reason he made a 'comeback' was because he went on a reality TV show, 'fell in love' with a glamour model and talked about every single detail of their relationship. He is not famous for his singing. That's not very promising, is it?

That's all.

First music career - A human cheeseball who lasted, what, a couple of years and, lets be honest, only his most dedicated fans could name anything other than Mysterious Girl.

Second music career - After IAC managed a reissue of MG (due to a Chris Moyles campaign) and a couple of other minor hits before giving up music to become a professional media **** along with his *ahem* lovely wife.

Third music career - Based entirely on the sympathy vote for being not as vile as the ex. He's hardly filling the O2 night after night and he's on the wane already and back into media **** territory
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's all.

Well said Lola - both he and his ex-wife are just famous for flogging their children, rather tawdry, seedy habits and lifestyle on crass television channels and magazines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

I saw the paparazzi incident completely different. I was thinking as it was on that Katie could learn from this approach. Talk to them, let them take some photos and ask them politely to not use any photos that were intended for the calender - it worked well.

Actually by putting chav in brackets, it does indeed imply that you are saying all Pete's fans are chavs, even if it was not intended - this is often used in texts to make a statement more specific.
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I saw the paparazzi incident completely different. I was thinking as it was on that Katie could learn from this approach. Talk to them, let them take some photos and ask them politely to not use any photos that were intended for the calender - it worked well.

Actually by putting chav in brackets, it does indeed imply that you are saying all Pete's fans are chavs, even if it was not intended - this is often used in texts to make a statement more specific.

agreed Liz...that crossed my mind as well, if she took that approach I think her life in the media might be a wee bit easier
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you see, the funny thing is, there wouldn't be a 'problem' if they weren't such media ****. No one would care about them if they did flaunt their business in magazines every week. Just a wild thought. You could go months without hearing Angelina Jolie. It's only whenever she comes out to promote a film, they bring up the old Jen/Brad/Angelina business. It also happens when Bra and Jennifer promote their respective films. God, they make Cheryl Cole so subtle in her actions.

But considering they have nothing to promote but themselves (or her horrid ghost-written books and his shocking album), they churn out the same rubbish every other week.

Katie knows the public hates her. She's a fame **** and she knows. If only Peter Andre would admit that he's equally shameless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You cannot compare Angelina Jolie to Katie, Pete and Kerry and now it seems Dannii and Natalie Cassidy, who all have/are going to make fly-on-the-wall reality shows. There seems to be an interest in the UK for such shows and they are fulfilling an apparent gap in the market and I don't blame them. It is all about supply and demand. Angelina Jolie doesn't need it. I am not sure the interest is there in many other countries for such shows.

From interviews I have seen, I don't think Katie is that self-aware at all, she seems to genuinely believe that what she does is good, that people are interested in her and every minute detail of her life.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cannot compare Angelina Jolie to Katie, Pete and Kerry and now it seems Dannii and Natalie Cassidy, who all have/are going to make fly-on-the-wall reality shows. There seems to be an interest in the UK for such shows and they are fulfilling an apparent gap in the market and I don't blame them. It is all about supply and demand. Angelina Jolie doesn't need it. I am not sure the interest is there in many other countries for such shows.

From interviews I have seen, I don't think Katie is that self-aware at all, she seems to genuinely believe that what she does is good, that people are interested in her and every minute detail of her life.

I think you give her far too much credit. She doesn't think, that's her problem and why she churns out such garbage. And the same more or less applies to PA. What they both do is throwaway garbage. But KP at least seems to know this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think you give her far too much credit. She doesn't think, that's her problem and why she churns out such garbage. And the same more or less applies to PA. What they both do is throwaway garbage. But KP at least seems to know this.

As long as people continue to watch the shows, then I don't blame any of them. I see no evidence that Katie sees what she does as garbage, she seems quite convinced of her products
  • Options
    cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jemima34 wrote: »
    Oh FGS, what's he supposed to do, ignore them? And why have you written case in quotation marks, are they not really sick or disabled or whatever?

Lots of celebs do charity work and meet sick kids in private, no cameras. Infact many insist on it cos of how tacky it looks.

I understand that it makes a nice public interest thing on his TV show once, but every week is a bit much. The voiceover in that series is what makes me laugh, its so sympathetic sounding and explaining everything to the viewers like they are idiots.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as people continue to watch the shows, then I don't blame any of them. I see no evidence that Katie sees what she does as garbage, she seems quite convinced of her products

Nope. I think she sees them for what they are - endless interchangable moneyspinners. She moves from one thing to another without looking back. £££ is what she cares about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cyrilsneer wrote: »
    Lots of celebs do charity work and meet sick kids in private, no cameras. Infact many insist on it cos of how tacky it looks.

I understand that it makes a nice public interest thing on his TV show once, but every week is a bit much. The voiceover in that series is what makes me laugh, its so sympathetic sounding and explaining everything to the viewers like they are idiots.

The voiceovers of all these shows are the same - Katie's is no different. It is difficult to make an intellectual commentary to what is basically a home movie. I quite enjoy watching them though, especially Pete's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish people would stop using the phrase fame/media ****. It's so done to death and comes across as jumping on a bandwagon. Some bright spark coined it, and since then the world and his wife use it incessantly.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish people would stop using the phrase fame/media ****. It's so done to death and comes across as jumping on a bandwagon. Some bright spark coined it, and since then the world and his wife use it incessantly.

It is a phrase that describes a modern phenomena - people making a career out of literally selling every aspect of their lives for public consumption - whoring themselves in other words.

If the cap fits...and it does fit Pa and Kp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolwut

I say it because it's true, not because it's cool. :cool: