Options

This Morning: Holly Willoughby's confession

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen Flannagan wouldn't stoop this low.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Declan_Khan;66985167]Well considering her husband used to be a cameraman on Ministry of Mayhem and CD:UK, and now is a producer for Celebrity Juice, This Morning and Dancing On Ice, I think that could be argued as already evident

Well I'll be damned, that explains everything
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    She really is a waste of oxygen isn't she?

Oh yes - if anyone winds me up it's her followed by Lorraine, Fern B - & all of Loose Women!:mad:

Daytime TV ( the main channels ) are a joke IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Holly but I am slowly going off her. She's becoming more bimbo-like by the day and it's quite sad. She'd be lovely if she just behaved a bit more maturely.
  • Options
    jak frostjak frost Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    She really is a waste of oxygen isn't she?

You nasty, sad person
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More proof this show is a waste of airtime. I really think after the accusations made to David Cameron that it would be axed, but This Morning still lurches on in its vulgar, low rent way. Richard and Judy must weep at how their show has been demeaned and dumbed down since they left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jak frost wrote: »

You nasty, sad person

I agree - that's really taking a dislike of someone you don't even know and who is essentially harmless way too far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I really think after the accusations made to David Cameron that it would be axed

I knew it wouldn't be axed but I think Philip S should have been sacked the next day. I'm disgusted he completely got away wit that vile, silly stunt. He is awful.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - that's really taking a dislike of someone you don't even know and who is essentially harmless way too far.

Unfortunately it is very common on Digital Spy, very offensive remarks about people that they obviously have no knowledge of apart from seeing on TV - mysteriously they always seem to have seen programmes that they claim to hate.

Holly Willoughby always seems a very pleasant young lady to me, she is certainly very pretty, but I have never watched any of the programmes that she regularly appears on just seen her occasionally on other programmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it wouldn't be axed but I think Philip S should have been sacked the next day. I'm disgusted he completely got away wit that vile, silly stunt. He is awful.

I can remember when Bill Grundy goaded the Sex Pistols into swearing on Thames Today and he was suspended and then sacked, with Thames Today going the same way. However, this was 1976 when broadcasters had higher standards.
  • Options
    ShellsBluBikiniShellsBluBikini Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “I got changed for the simple reason that the dress I had on was really floatie and it is quite windy outside, and when I was standing at Wimbledon I flashed my Knickers to everybody.”

So she's confessing to it having been a bit windy, her floaty dress blew up a little and she then changed to a different dress.

Don't know about anybody else but I think The Wind is the attention seeking villian in this whole unseemly episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember when Bill Grundy goaded the Sex Pistols into swearing on Thames Today and he was suspended and then sacked, with Thames Today going the same way. However, this was 1976 when broadcasters had higher standards.

It really is utterly depressing how standards of any kind in Broadcasting are pretty much totally non-existent now. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is utterly depressing how standards of any kind in Broadcasting are pretty much totally non-existent now. :(

Well you just have to turn on any reality show to see how low standards have slipped. Most contestants seem to be foul mouthed, aggressive and talentless, yet to some people these are celebrities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you just have to turn on any reality show to see how low standards have slipped. Most contestants seem to be foul mouthed, aggressive and talentless, yet to some people these are celebrities.

Totally agree. I think it's all a very sorry state of affairs and an awful reflection of society, but most people would just accuse anyone who complains of anything of being old-fashioned and judgemental. Well, when I look at the way things are I don't think being old-fashioned and judgemental is always a bad idea. :(
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.

So when she got up that morning, she to decide whether she should dress like someone who wants to be taken seriously as a presenter, or whether she wanted to promote her continuing image as a self-serving attention seeking bimbo.

Then of course there's the dress Andy Murray's girlfriend chose for the final knowing millions would see her on TV.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “I got changed for the simple reason that the dress I had on was really floatie and it is quite windy outside, and when I was standing at Wimbledon I flashed my Knickers to everybody.”

So she's confessing to it having been a bit windy, her floaty dress blew up a little and she then changed to a different dress.

Don't know about anybody else but I think The Wind is the attention seeking villian in this whole unseemly episode.

I wondered if she was trying to get one up on Alex Jones and imply that perhaps she should also have changed. :) But a flash of knickers or botttom is hardly important.

How did This Morning manage to call their interview with Andy Murray 'Exclusive' when he seemed to spend all Monday being interviewed by the media from early in the morning.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get all the flack Holly gets

Attractive. Female. On Television.

Problem solved ..
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I think it's all a very sorry state of affairs and an awful reflection of society, but most people would just accuse anyone who complains of anything of being old-fashioned and judgemental. Well, when I look at the way things are I don't think being old-fashioned and judgemental is always a bad idea. :(

Ah the good old days of TV when sexism, sexual assaults and corruption was rife
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Holly. She doesn't pretend to be Brain of Britain, she's just a nice, inoffensive woman who has a good sense of humour and can laugh at herself.

The 'knickers' comment she made on This Morning was like something you'd say to your mates if you'd embarrassed yourself like that! :D Come on ladies, surely some of us have been caught out like that when wearing a floaty dress then been caught out by a pesky wind?! I stood behind an icecream van once which must have had some kind of generator which blew wind out of the back of it - upshot was it blew my long gypsy skirt right over my head! :o:D Now THAT was embarrassing (but my family thought it was hilarious!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

Don't be silly. There are no rose-tinted glasses here. But the majority of people on TV did used to conduct themselves with maturity and dignity and I think it's a real shame if missing that makes people judge others in the way you appear to be judging me.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

You haven't taken that post totally out of context at all have you boksbox?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't taken that post totally out of context at all have you boksbox?

No I haven't I just find the the statements about standards in the 'old days' ludicrous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I haven't I just find the the statements about standards in the 'old days' ludicrous

So you think broadcasting content hasn't become increasingly vulgar and desperate over the years?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

What has sexism, sexual assaults and corruption got to do with reality shows 'Most contestants seem to be foul mouthed, aggressive and talentless, yet to some people these are celebrities'
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly there is still a section of society who think that women who make comments like this one and who wear revealing clothing to get attention, should be idolised. That is why TOWIE has a lot of viewers and how Katie Price made her career.
    Some people don't want to think too much and I suppose the fact that This Morning is on directly after Jeremy Kyle shows the kind of veiwers that it attracts.
    There are very few strong women in the media at present especially in the current affairs area. I think it is more difficult for women with brains and intellect to make a name for themselves on TV . I do blame this on the media bigging up women based on their looks and how much flesh they are willing to reveal and encouraging people to think that these women should be representative of women in the media overall.