Revenge Season 4 (US Pace)

Comments

• bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we'll find out if it's (hopefully) been cancelled?

Seems like it's definite now - It's over...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/revenge-cancelled-by-abc.html?utm_source=Trending&utm_medium=Trending
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »

TVline also saying it's the last season.
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup official now Still sad to see it Go Been one of my favourite shows Hope it gets a Good ending :(
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally you would expect to be sad at one of the shows you watch being cancelled. In this case though I am thankful that the right decision has been made. There was no way that they could keep dragging out the story for another season. Hopefully in the season finale Emily, David, Nolan, Margeaux, Louise and Jack die.
  • rache_rache_ Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Definitely the right decision. I don't think it could have carried on without Victoria anyway, on top of killing off Daniel and Aiden. I like Louise, but not as a main villain, and find Margaux too fallible to stand up to being Vicky's replacement.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    After the terrible second season I'm surprised it lasted so long
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it will end properly. Will miss it though.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As enjoyable as it has been, it out stayed its welcome. It should have been two seasons at most. Plus the revalation of David Clarke being alive at the end of season 3 felt like an F u to everything we had seen before and that felt like a jump the shark moment as well. At least the finale will serve as a some sort of wrap up.

Emily Vancamp is a fine underrated actress and I hope to see her crop up again. After her roles in Everwood, Brothers and Sisters and Revenge, I am sure she won't be a stranger to another television series in the near future.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As enjoyable as it has been, it out stayed its welcome. It should have been two seasons at most. Plus the revalation of David Clarke being alive at the end of season 3 felt like an F u to everything we had seen before and that felt like a jump the shark moment as well. At least the finale will serve as a some sort of wrap up.

Emily Vancamp is a fine underrated actress and I hope to see her crop up again. After her roles in Everwood, Brothers and Sisters and Revenge, I am sure she won't be a stranger to another television series in the near future.

Emily was fantastic especially in the fight scenes so I hope if she is in another show it will involve fight scenes. I do agree she is very underrated.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Four seasons is a good run. There's no way it could've justified a fifth run. I'll miss the show but it's definitely time for it to end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Four seasons is a good run. There's no way it could've justified a fifth run. I'll miss the show but it's definitely time for it to end.

Plus to have a season without victoria would be criminal
    It would be like having Dynasty without Alexis Carrington. Every show needs a bitchy matriarch we all love to hate and she suited the role to a T.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right decision to end it finally!
  • Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus to have a season without victoria would be criminal
    It would be like having Dynasty without Alexis Carrington. Every show needs a bitchy matriarch we all love to hate and she suited the role to a T.

Or Sunset Beach without Annie Douglas. :) Madeline Stowe is an incredible villain. I've loved her every scene over the 4 Seasons & her witty wisecracks. I hated how they turned her into a weak & vulnerable shell since she was alwaysddepicted as a headstrong diva who was a force to be reckoned with as she was never phased by anything. I'm not ready to bid the show goodbye aand want a 5th Season.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest ep was great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode but an even clear reminder on why it deserves to end.
  • spiderwebsspiderwebs Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Great episode.
    As much as I dislike Charlotte I'm disappointed that she isn't playing more of a significant role in the final episodes.
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, sets it up nicely.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly worried now that season 4 is going to end on a cliffhanger. Since Victoria is still alive despite what was said, I'm wondering if they were actually holding out in the hopes of getting a fifth run. For me there's too many loose threads left and I feel like the only way they wrap this up is if at the end of the next episode they do some sort of epilogue set a few years in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been confirmed with their will be closure and fans should be happy but as it was a last-minute finale, not everything will be resolved. The stuff with Emily's mother in season 2 has never been followed up. I think this will be an open-ended finale.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This ep was suppose to be the final but as the show was cancelled they filmed episode 23 after to get closure.

I have an inkling we've not seen the last of Charlotte, perhaps she had a hand to play in helping frame Emily.

Also, there will be a tiny cliffhanger at the end which plays a part in the new ABC show Kingmakers which is rumoured to be a Revenge spin off.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    I'm slightly worried now that season 4 is going to end on a cliffhanger. Since Victoria is still alive despite what was said, I'm wondering if they were actually holding out in the hopes of getting a fifth run. For me there's too many loose threads left and I feel like the only way they wrap this up is if at the end of the next episode they do some sort of epilogue set a few years in the future.

I think that's the only way they can go, to give the loyal fans some closure. Leaving everything unended would just ruin it all.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Amanda will kill Victoria and then Charlotte will kill Amanda. I am sure that the final revenge is by Charlotte. Amanda and David have caused her either directly or indirectly to lose her dad her brother and probably at the end her mother.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    Zzzzzzzz. Victoria & David will die. Amanda will probably fake her death and her and Jack will go off into the sunset together. So boring and predictable. I hope i'm wrong.

I want a happy ending for Nolan. Everyone else can die for all i care now.
  • leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that the final shocker will be that Victoria is her actually mother!!!!!!!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that the final shocker will be that Victoria is her actually mother!!!!!!!

Timeline wise i don't think that works. But if true i'll throw something at my TV.