Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although maybe understandable on a day like today, the people who feel compelled to hydrate literally every 67 seconds.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The slow handclap thing that Wimbledon spectators have started doing in yecent years. Is it a 'why are we waiting' type of thing or what? I think it's damned disrepectful.

It is used in all major tournaments now while they are watching the "Hawkeye" challenges on the big screen. Stupid, perhaps but not disrespectful at all!
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat hair, such a pain in the arse to remove from cushions jackets and fleeces!
  • Options
    FoodooFoodoo Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    People who are obviously so busy/important that they have to work on the train into work in the morning and again on the way home in the evening.

It's the tap, tap, tap on the keys that makes the red mist descend. I hear it from 9-5.30 in the office - I don't want to hear it on the train as well.

It makes me want to slam the lid of the laptop down on their fingers so hard that they won't be able to type for a month.

If your time management skills are so poor you can't do a day's work in the allotted working day then maybe you are in the wrong job.
  • Options
    FoodooFoodoo Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    And while I'm talking about my fellow commuters...

If getting up from your aisle seat to let somebody use the window seat next to you is such an inconvenience maybe you should have sat in the window seat!

Oh, but I forgot... if you sat in the window seat you wouldn't be able to get up and stand by the door to get off 10 minutes before the train reaches the station.

If you are really that tight for time here's a thought - get an earlier train!! There are 6 an hour on that route during the morning peak.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although maybe understandable on a day like today, the people who feel compelled to hydrate literally every 67 seconds.

It drives me up the wall, a bit like seeing people (usually young women) checking their mobiles every 10 seconds. I think they are both habits - phone in one hand (check check check), bottle in the other (sip sip sip).
    There's no need for anyone to have a bottle of water with them on a normal day in this country. Anyone would think they were stranded in the Sahara desert!
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drinking water is the new smoking
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    People drinking water doesn't annoy me. What I find puzzling is people who drink flavoured water because they say they don't like the 'taste' of water. :confused:
  • Options
    PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sheeran. Sappy song after sappy song, repeat endlessly. Zzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    It drives me up the wall, a bit like seeing people (usually young women) checking their mobiles every 10 seconds. I think they are both habits - phone in one hand (check check check), bottle in the other (sip sip sip).
    There's no need for anyone to have a bottle of water with them on a normal day in this country. Anyone would think they were stranded in the Sahara desert!

That drives me mad as well. What did people do before the days of bottled water? They give me the impression that they have to have a bottle with them, just like a dummy. I refuse point blank to buy bottled water, it's an absolute scam.>:(
  • Options
    Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cashiers at checkouts that hand you your change with the coins on top of the notes which is on top of the receipt
    Looks neat, but when they have to go in separate bits of my purse, I end up dropping the coins
    Trivial, but annoying[/QUOTE[/I
    I totally agree, very annoying. They seem to think it speeds things up. I spend as long as possible, separating them
  • Options
    dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car washes at petrol stations which seem to be permanently broken
  • Options
    Payne by namePayne by name Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I cycle into work and the cyclists that I see hydrate with literally a second or two to go on the lights is ridiculous.

I cycle 15 miles home and my body can manage that fine without needing to hydrate at every other traffic lights (these being the rare occasions that cyclists actually stop at traffic lights!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pub managers who decide to shut their establishment half an hour before the quoted time because they deem it not busy enough. Particularly when I've got a cab booked for what I thought was closing time, even more so when they don't even tell anyone they are doing it, simply turn of the tills and pumps and leg it upstairs, and yet more so when they leave a very nervous 18 year old girl alone at the bar to explain to the remaining punters that they were going home thirsty.

Cowardly little w****r.
  • Options
    kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    The number of people who write "lightening" instead of "lightning". Grrr!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After putting all my shopping back in the trolley and paying. The checkout girl says, " See you later" When I ask where she will be, I get a very strange look. :blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My "I don't need this thing right now but might need it sometime in the future so best I keep it" mentality, that results in me having a tonne of crap, never used, but I'm hanging onto just in case I really need it some mythical time in the future.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Flies.

😈
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Flies.
    😈
    Flyspray that instead of killing the buggers, simply pushes them outta the way.>:(
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Americans saying "off of" instead of just 'off' (and sometimes 'on') and "most" instead of 'almost'
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Life kicking me down when I try to get up and better myself

**** life!!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Girls on dating sites whose only picture is them with a friend.[...]it could be awkward if you ended up in a "sorry, I thought you were your mate" situation.

Men do that too. I'm sure that they want you to think they're the more attractive one in the photo (their friend).
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sun burning my leg when i'm stuck in traffic.
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    People drinking water doesn't annoy me. What I find puzzling is people who drink flavoured water because they say they don't like the 'taste' of water. :confused:

Some bottled water does taste odd, like Volvic i'm not a fan of their plain water but dont mind their strawberry one.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Covered for my colleague for 2 weeks and I didn't even get a 'thank you' in return.

I did pretty damned well considering I had about 2 days of training, the boss moaned at me once about a backlog which was on the first day and since then no complaints.
    She kept pointing out things that I'd set aside (for her return) and would say 'why haven't you done this?!' and I'd reply 'you didn't teach me that process and no other staff members knew how to do it'.

Plus she was a being a total snob, apparently the program I used at home (when I had to take OUR extra work home) wasn't a new enough version, although the boss has said this makes no difference.

And I thought as she returned today we could finally split the work load- NO. She didn't do one order- and left early (leaving me with the work) because tonight she needs to 'catch up on tv cus there was no tv on holiday' *insert rolleyes.
This discussion has been closed.