This is why I'm glad it's the last Big Brother *SPOILERS*

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
The show needs five to ten years off. Anybody hoping for a Channel Five revival is simply delaying the inevitable and digging it's grave even further. It's become a sad, cringeworthy shadow of its former self. 2 or 3 years ago, John James would have been gone within an instant, but tweenie voters have brought the series to its knees. And to think I came in early from a friend's birthday do to see the result!

I love Big Brother, but it's time for it to go.

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope people like pej need to leave *which hes doing*.
    it needs a brand new home but brand new outlook the format is sound its the direction its being taken.

they have turned it into a soap opera rather than a gameshow.that needs to stop
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same tbh, i think it's time it was put to rest. I'm just seeing it out as it's the last but i'm not particularly enjoying it, it's too dull. Not to mention the farce that is JJ staying in....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it back to basics, basically just people watching and it makes its own script, I miss the old days, never to be replaced c0s to many wannabees now
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a similar thread earlier OP.

It's one set of rules for attractive male housemates and a whole different set of rules for everyone else.

What's the point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is a farce, what with the invites for friends of channel 4 staff. As said above, it's the producers who need a 5 year break, not the show.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Same tbh, i think it's time it was put to rest. I'm just seeing it out as it's the last but i'm not particularly enjoying it, it's too dull. Not to mention the farce that is JJ staying in....

Yes it is a complete an utter farce this year, I will be really surprised if Corin manages the win (I don't like her that much but rather her than anyone else)
    I never thought I'd be posting this but it is time for it to go:(
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it back to basics, basically just people watching and it makes its own script, I miss the old days, never to be replaced c0s to many wannabees now

they are obsessed with romance.:confused:
    theres no need for it.
    70% of these Hm's were all linked to various other shows or this itself..that has to change because you lose the element of this being something brand new for them.

thats why they all settle in so fast.
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why will this change in 5-10 years? This is the same for every reality TV program at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    If channel 5 do buy it I hope they take it back to basics, no wannabes, no favourites, no letting rule breakers slide .....
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    it needs a brand new home but brand new outlook the format is sound its the direction its being taken.

Summed it up there rather well Oathy! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im just glad Dr Pepper is now in the house.

Someone who can get a reaction from the HM's which they hoped the public would not see.
  • cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

Agree its a soap .. to the point the public are now openly being manipulated that "you can still vote out xx" when the person leaving has been known for days. They are just acting in there, and the production team are just editing it to get the votes in they need to get who they want out.

I don't think Endemol have said at ANY point tho the show is up for sale to the highest bidder. I cant see it going to C5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chebage1 wrote: »
    If channel 5 do buy it I hope they take it back to basics, no wannabes, no favourites, no letting rule breakers slide .....

to be fair almost everyone who applys to shows like this are wannabee's

the success contestants get from being on BB is the resaon most people apply and is also the resaon it is a load of shite now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Can't be arsed watching now.
    Would I lie to you is one BBC1, funny panel show, suggest every one watches that and tries to cheer themselves upm know I am. Well done tweenie brains, thanks for ruining proper fans last ever BB:mad:
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show needs five to ten years off. Anybody hoping for a Channel Five revival is simply delaying the inevitable and digging it's grave even further. It's become a sad, cringeworthy shadow of its former self. 2 or 3 years ago, John James would have been gone within an instant, but tweenie voters have brought the series to its knees. And to think I came in early from a friend's birthday do to see the result!

I love Big Brother, but it's time for it to go.

But teengage martyr: just because people don't agree with you that makes them inferior? That makes them teenagers? (is that is somehow inferior! Hey, I;d be a a teenager!)

JJ1 is one of the most interesting HMs ever and certainly, along with Ben and a few others, one of the big characters this year who have carried the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    It needs to be given back to the more mature viewers, as it was intended from the start.

Making it a wanabee show with people coming in with ageents, the relaxing of rules and the loss of some of basic aspects of live inside the BB house has caused the show to die a very slow death.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually hate the show now. I just like this forum.
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I made a similar thread earlier OP.

It's one set of rules for attractive male housemates and a whole different set of rules for everyone else.

What's the point?

Actually attractive male HMs tend to be disliked.

JJ is just engaging and intersting and there's not much of that this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually hate the show now. I just like this forum.

I feel sort of the exact opposite.

I can tolerate the show, can't stand the forums.

This place never used to be this bad....
  • EndemoniadoEndemoniado Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People often suggest BB needs a rest...but then make no real case for why a rest would change or improve the problems they're whining about.

Probably the best way to improve the 'game show' aspect of BB would be to attract a more diverse voting audience...but how do you do that?
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eugenie wrote: »
    Actually attractive male HMs tend to be disliked.

JJ is just engaging and intersting and there's not much of that this year.

The same could have been argued for past female housemates that were angry and argumentative and stroppy, but none of them survived.

Nope, sexism is alive and well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how crap the last ever BB has been.
    the fact that vile housemates, who are incredibly hypocritical, are basically in the final and might win, purely because their looks appeal to younger fans. It's so frustrating.
    Twitter/facebook/social networks have ruined big brother.
    people seem to hate girls/opinionated people... but then if that opinionated person is a hot boy, it's funny. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want it to go some were else get rid of davina and let us deside who goes stop the bias editing start afresh on a new channel with 24/7 live feed.
  • SwoonSwoon Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad BBUK is ending too. I am bewildered at the lack of emotional intelligence of those who vote in this series, I guess. Maybe in 21st century arrogance and nastiness is supposed to be encouraged. I remember things being slightly different ten years ago.
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its run its course, target audience is the Glee 10-16 generation