Shows you couldn't get into

1235»

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    bbabcn wrote: »
    Buffy (6 episodes into season 1): Everybody says it's amazing so tried it out. The fight scenes etc all just seem a bit dated compared to the likes of Vamp Diaries. Might have to give it more of a chance as I've heard it gets a lot better.

Many people say that if they watched Buffy from the start they wouldn't have watched past season 1. Too many dodgy episodes in the first season, but the characters are still great. The storylines improve in season 2 with the introduction of 3 of the shows most successful characters :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Many people say that if they watched Buffy from the start they wouldn't have watched past season 1. Too many dodgy episodes in the first season, but the characters are still great. The storylines improve in season 2 with the introduction of 3 of the shows most successful characters :)

Thanks will try and push through to Season two, so many people surely can't be wrong!!
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homeland
    Mad Men
    Entourage.
    Family Guy
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Modern Family

A lot of these are critically acclaimed but i wasnt entertained at all. I only tried to watch them because of the amount of attention they got rather than any real interest though. its a multi-emmy awarding list of rubbish tv shows.
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter -- watched a couple of episodes, but couldn't find any enthusiasm to continue

Leverage -- I am a *huge* Kane fan so thought I would love this; bored me to tears

Vampire Diaries -- I think I'm just too old now to appreciate all the teen angst

One Tree Hill -- same as VD

True Blood -- watched the first season and thought I enjoyed it, but never went back to watch season 2 and have no intention of ever doing so

Lost -- just...meh

Glee -- not my thing. Tried a few eps and they're good for novelty value, but that's about it

Dark Angel -- as Jensen Ackles' biggest fan, I should have loved this. Instead I just found it tedious and gave up

Sons of Anarchy -- interesting show but my mind wandered whenever I tried watching it

Heroes -- same as True Blood. Watched the first season and thought I enjoyed it, but never went back to finish it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Sinbad, thought the first episode was brilliant, then it just went downhill from there. It doesn't grab my attention like Doctor Who does.
  • FlannerzFlannerz Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Seinfeld. I've seen random episodes and laughed but just not something I'll sit down to watch
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends

Only Fools and Horses

Sex and the City
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love Dominic West, I could not get into the wire

way too confusing and slow moving for me
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modeyink wrote: »
    Heroes -- same as True Blood. Watched the first season and thought I enjoyed it, but never went back to finish it

I wouldn't bother. The first season of Heroes was reasonably good but I've never seen a show drop off in quality so much. Most people gave up at some point in S2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    24 - just not my cup of tea. And the clock ticking is totally unnerving.

Star Trek: DS9 - Never understood why it gets so praised by so many trekkies. The cast is nowhere near as good as in TNG and the whole Cardassian-Bajoran conflict and the Dominion storyline are just meh.

How I met Your Mother - not funny at all.

Roseanne - ugh!
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sat through the first four episodes of True Blood but gave up in the end. I had high hopes since it was created by Alan Ball, the brains behind Six Feet Under.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boardwalk Empire - think I've watched most of Season 1 now, but it's not must see for me. If I never watch it again, I won't care.

Breaking Bad was a bit of a struggle, I still haven't really gotten into it yet, and stopped watching a while ago now at halfway through Season 2. Still want to pick it up again though.

Oz - tried a few episodes, then never watched it again

True Blood - I think I watched Season 1, but it was a struggle to get through, and I really didn't think much to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The wire, have tried several times but it doesn't keep my interest. I feel like the minority as everyone says its so good. :(

Parks and recreation - not my humour and Son's of Anarchy, I don't like any of the characters.
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and Son's of Anarchy, I don't like any of the characters.
    Dunno, I really like the characters however I had that same opinion about "The Black Donnelleys".

It took me ages to figure out that the character "Thirteen" from House was the girl from that. Funnily enough I just noticed that one of the Donnelly brothers is the undercover policeman in the first series of "The Chicago Code" currently showing on Pick.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see 24 mentioned several times in this thread. Jack Bauer has become an iconic tv character over the years, so much so that you don't even need to watch an episode to know who he is. That and the fact my flatmate loves the show is the reason I have tried a few times to get into 24. Unfortunately, the generally poor acting (anywhere from wooden to hammy - better suited to a day time soap than a primetime drama) and the totally unsympathetic characters who make you wish they were dead rather than hope they get saved in time, makes it impossible for me to care.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    TOWIE

Lost

Desperate Housewives

Downton Abbey

Any program to do with football :rolleyes: