Options

Dinner Date (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think he'll pick No. 3, she wont want to be picked, they'll go on the date, have a nice time and at the end they wont have kept in touch....
  • Options
    Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he'll pick No. 3, she wont want to be picked, they'll go on the date, have a nice time and at the end they wont have kept in touch....

That is the usual ending for Dinner Date. I think No. 3 wanted a richer, chocolate box type of man to visit.
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I think he'll choose number 3 too. And it will all end very quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks totally bored!!!! LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bingo! :D
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was an awkward programme, in all respects!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. He really is deluded. That was never going to work.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was an awkward programme, in all respects!

Very. Not one of the best.

Here's hoping tomorrow's is better. After that I'm back at work (:mad:) so will miss the rest of the week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me!...

I don't like him...:(
    Me and cringing,the blonde was so snotty,those wernt plasic bracelets as such they were charity ones,the middle woman looked quite barking.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very. Not one of the best.

Here's hoping tomorrow's is better. After that I'm back at work (:mad:) so will miss the rest of the week

It doesn't seem to be on tomorrow..:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're right. That seems to be the last one. As they were repeats can we look forward to a new series soon ? Maybe not that soon as I see they are advertising for new applicants at the moment.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burrercup wrote: »
    Hi guys. Mind if I join you ? We seem to be the only ones watching ! I really don't like him either. He's fixated on looks. Personality doesn't seem too important to him.

He's hideous and arrogant - who does he think he is, he's certainly no prize catch or oil painting! And as for that horrible voice and accent!:eek:

This man has not one single redeeming feature. And as a single woman in her 40's, I despair at thinking this type of man is all the future holds for me - this is why I choose to remain single, if that's the alternative!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aw Don't think that, Valentine. The guy on yesterday's programme was lovely. A real gentleman--they do exist.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Oh that was an awkward show, wasn't it? Nobody liked anybody and all that negative energy and the silence, oh my word. The guy was a jerk, the ladies were a bit too snobbish except the middle one but overall really nasty undertones to the show. Glad it's over.

Watched today's show on +1 at 3 pm, good change of pace. Normal people, decent episode.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that was an awkward show, wasn't it? Nobody liked anybody and all that negative energy and the silence, oh my word. The guy was a jerk, the ladies were a bit too snobbish except the middle one but overall really nasty undertones to the show. Glad it's over.

Watched today's show on +1 at 3 pm, good change of pace. Normal people, decent episode.

Really surprised they didn't see each other again, it seemed to be going well.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl seemed to be really shocked that the accountant had been single for 6 years and asked him what was wrong with him, but explained away the Egyptian guy being single for 4 years as him being selective. I don't think 4 years is much different from 6 years in terms of being quite a long time to be single. People are a lot less judgmental when they fancy someone.

The second and third guy seemed the player types; not surprised it didn't progress further.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    The Egyptian guy seemed too well-groomed/metro-sexual for my taste. His eyebrows were distracting me and he ate less pud than the girl, lol and talking about going for a run to burn it off!! I liked the first guy even though he was visibly nervous (shaky hands and all). Nice guys do finish last looks like.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    Me and cringing,the blonde was so snotty,those wernt plasic bracelets as such they were charity ones,the middle woman looked quite barking.

I don't like those charity bracelets either...

The middle woman was hilarious. Loved her plastic garden furniture chairs at the table and Tesco basic ice-cream, to make her "mango sorbet". I bet he couldn't get out quick enough.

Sorry, I know it's a few days after the prog itself but it was one of the more memorable ones I have to say.

As an aside, it does crack me up when blatantly overweight women harp on about wanting someone fit on this show.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Egyptian guy seemed too well-groomed/metro-sexual for my taste. His eyebrows were distracting me and he ate less pud than the girl, lol and talking about going for a run to burn it off!! I liked the first guy even though he was visibly nervous (shaky hands and all). Nice guys do finish last looks like.

Yes, it looked like he had shaved off his natural eyebrows and drawn some new ones on (badly) with kohl. I don't like the beefy look much either, but the girl did say she goes for that type. He was an exceptionally good cook though - some very inventive dishes and all cooked from scratch!

The guy she chose seemed exactly like the type of lad who would be popular at school (as he mentioned himself) but I'm not sure how much depth there was to him. I wouldn't want to see someone's backside while eating; it would make me retch but she took it in good humour.

Poor accountant guy; he stood no chance as she fell for the "charmers".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member

I wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes off those brows; they were perfectly plucked and groomed. Though he did seem nice enough he was a little too intense for me.

She was always going to pick the second guy, cute but not for me. I wonder why they didn't see each other again?

(I would have picked number 1. He was lovely :o )
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw the girl yesterday was great, I really enjoyed that episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember this one as the picker had nice skin :)

Cant remember who he chose though!
    e2a: Actually I think I do remember now....didnt he pick someone who looked like him :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching today?
    Yes me,have never seen a gay episode before,god the picker looks a proper Hooray Henry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes me,have never seen a gay episode before,god the picker looks a proper Hooray Henry

I'm not sure if there's been another gay one or not.....

There's no chemistry between No. 1 is there?!