Options

The Fate of Gallifrey

GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
I get that we now know the Doctor merely thought he'd destroyed Gallifrey when in fact he'd hidden it away in a pocket universe.

What I don't quite get is the time lock and how it relates to the events in TDotD. What exactly was time locked, when and by whom? What does time lock mean anyway, if the Doctor (thought he) had destroyed Gallifrey? Events in the Time War are protected from being changed? Did the Doctor both create/activate the time lock and destroy (actually save) Gallifrey?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    I get that we now know the Doctor merely thought he'd destroyed Gallifrey when in fact he'd hidden it away in a pocket universe.

What I don't quite get is the time lock and how it relates to the events in TDotD. What exactly was time locked, when and by whom? What does time lock mean anyway, if the Doctor (thought he) had destroyed Gallifrey? Events in the Time War are protected from being changed? Did the Doctor both create/activate the time lock and destroy (actually save) Gallifrey?

In TDOTD, upon arriving on Gallifrey 10 says that the events should be time locked and 11 or clara (i can't remember which) says unless someone let them through

At that point Bad Wolf/The Moment, indicates she was the one who let them through the time lock
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what happened to The Moment?

I don't think the War Doctor would have just left it, he wouldn't want it falling into the wrong hands so he'd have taken it with him...

But where is it?

This is just my own speculation and not based on much evidence but I think The Moment being incorporated into the TARDIS to hide it makes sense...

...so from TDOTD (War Doctor's pov) to BW/TPOTW, The Moment is part of the TARDIS, and it is that which Rose absorbs when she looks into the Time Vortex.

We then have a neat explanation for both Rose's ridiculous power and and the Moment's fate.

:)