Options

Whats Your Opinion on Britney Spears

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
Ok im asking this as a big fan of hers. I mean i think her reputation here in the UK is not bad but not good either, but i dont understand how that can be because Britney is not a bitchy artist, she is well to me so down to earth, she is very shy now though compared to her early days.

She is a respected artist to alot of other artists we see today, theres the odd few who slag her but i think in general Britney is a credible artist i mean she has been going strong for 13 years and still sells albums, still sells out arena's across the globe. I mean not many artist can have a Smash hit album while they are going through a bad time i.e Blackout.

I know alot of criticism comes because of her lip syncing.. but is that really a reason why people bash her. The Media in the Uk for her is not so good either i mean a every time she is in the headlines they always have to add 'Britney who shaved her head and had a mental breakdown' etc etc.

her recent interviews for her FF tour, she always has good things to say about other artists she doesnt bash them like some artists do or throw shade.

Capital:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5BMq0uuF8w

Kiss Fm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVMhrBaHIE&feature=fvwrel

This Morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyxvxRHQL8

So whats your perceptions of her?

Comments

• Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went off her a bit when the security guard who was suing her said she didn't have a bath or brush her teeth for days and would throw herself at him while naked.
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like her music and consider her an overpampered, overprotected (a very appropriate title for one of her hits) diva.

She has beautiful eyes though.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A car crash who should have quit show business to look after her kids following her health problems.

Her "concerts" are a joke and her fans are idiots.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like some of her music but I think on that side of things she is now a spent force and just going through the motions.

For me that ties in with her personal life and as far as that is concerned I like her and think she seems like a nice person.

However I think she is now fed up with show business and just wants to retire, get married, and settle down with her kids
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »
    A car crash who should have quit show business to look after her kids following her health problems.

Her "concerts" are a joke and her fans are idiots.

how are her fans idiots :confused:

As a fan i have continued to support her i supported her during her breakdown and i knew she would comeback and she did.

I dont understand the hate for her sometimes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    I used to like some of her music but I think on that side of things she is now a spent force and just going through the motions.

For me that ties in with her personal life and as far as that is concerned I like her and think she seems like a nice person.

However I think she is now fed up with show business and just wants to retire, get married, and settle down with her kids

well she has said she would never retire from making music cause thats what she loves but maybe she wants to have a media blackout cause lets face it they ruined her well tried to ruin her during 2005-Early 2008. Britney made mistakes which we can all make in private but because she was Britney the media felt they had a right to document every little move she did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    another whitney in the making (i fear):(
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She makes me wonder whether people will ever learn that pushing their children into show business and making them responsible for the family income is a bad idea and usaully ends in tragedy....
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly the most overrated female artist of all time. I have never got her appeal.

IMO, she isn't a good singer, isn't a good dancer and is a very plain looking girl who sings crappy songs. How she got to be such a big star is so far beyond my understanding
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I was such a huge fan from her debut to 2004. Since then I've not been as big a fan, but I still like her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she still under the control of her parents? I found that ever so creepy, maybe for a while it was necessary, but they went back and got it renewed after about a year didn't they? At some point you have to let an adult be an adult. I would hope she's a free human being again by now.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Possibly the most overrated female artist of all time. I have never got her appeal.

IMO, she isn't a good singer, isn't a good dancer and is a very plain looking girl who sings crappy songs. How she got to be such a big star is so far beyond my understanding

Because she was achievable and any little kid could be like her with minimal effort or talent.
    She made gimmicky cartoon music at a time when people had more money than sense - a generation "grew up" with her so to speak.

Now she's an "icon" a tragic figure people want to root for or dont care about either way.

As for her retiring from the public eye to raise her family well it was settling down that led her to the bad place she was in.
    So her Dad stepped in put her on stage again. Could she cope with a normal life?

These are just my own thoughts... of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Is she still under the control of her parents? I found that ever so creepy, maybe for a while it was necessary, but they went back and got it renewed after about a year didn't they? At some point you have to let an adult be an adult. I would hope she's a free human being again by now.

I think they also charge her a fee for being conservator.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if that's why Madonna likes her so much, since she also got to where she is with very little talent and sees a kindred spirit?
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had some good songs (written by others) but is really only moderately talented. She and her management team did very well with her all things considered!
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that 'honour' goes to Kylie!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a brilliant dancer back in the day. She always looks really dead behind the eyes now though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thing is though Britney can Sing, ok not the best singer but the girls has a voice. her record lable just cover it up.

Britney wanted to release an album that the public would of been shocked by... and yes im talking about 'The Original Doll' which was Scrapped by Jive cause they thought it just wasnt Britney.

Britney can write songs i mean she Co-Write 'EveryTime' and that is an amazing Ballad.

She may not be able to dance like in her hey day but she can dance alot better now then Circus era. She is a Born Natural Performer she has been doing this since what.. 4yrs old.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'd find it hard to wish Britney anything other than well after everything she's been through. Some of it may have been self-inflicted; she did take drugs and they may have been part of what caused her mental problems. All the same, it must have been horrendous.

It's true she's neither a brilliant singer or dancer or really a beauty. But she was a competent singer and dancer when she was on form, and she made the most of the looks she had (mainly by dressing what some would call slutty). I think the real secret of her success though was one brilliant song and it's highly arousing (if slightly pervy) video.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Been a fan for years. I listen to her albums a lot. I'm surprised Femme Fatale flopped as it was a really good strong album. I thought of it as Blackout part 2 but more "fun". Blackout and FF are her two best albums. It's a shame Original Doll was never released :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I 'nothing' her.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her when I was younger, like most young girls did back then. However I grew out of it. She's not a particularly great singer, not a particularly great dancer, nor does she have a particularly great personality anymore. I appreciate she's had a really hard time and I felt really sad for her. However I think nowadays she rips off her fans with her mime-fest excuses for tours, releases meaningless, generic songs that nobody really cares about. I think she needs to retire and do something that actually makes her happy. Because she hasn't looked happy in a long time.
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her heart still doesn't seem into it and it shows in her performances. Even watching the tour videos I was pleased I didn't spend the money to see her.

I do like most of her music though. She's just very 'meh' to a lot of people now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great vocalist, but she's done some quality pop songs. A good example of working hard in her early career and finding the right material to fit the moment.

She's still interesting through the fact that she hasn't done loads of in depth interviews over the years. I hope she's a judge on X Factor USA.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Well done to her for getting her life back on track but she should really stop making albums/music/tours. Her hearts not in it and she really doesn't have anything to prove any more.