Options

Just re-watched The God Complex on BBC Three

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bloomin' fantastic, totally forgot how good it was. Matt, gonna miss you, man hug (!)

Now, lookin forward to the clear up of what was in room 11 in TOTD hopefully.

Comments

• Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Bloomin' fantastic, totally forgot how good it was. Matt, gonna miss you, man hug (!)

Now, lookin forward to the clear up of what was in room 11 in TOTD hopefully.

My guess is The War Doctor
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The God Complex is one of my all-time favourites. :)
    I think The Girl Who Waited beats it though, but only by a little bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The God Complex is one of my all-time favourites. :)
    I think The Girl Who Waited beats it though, but only by a little bit.

Then today's double bill on BBC Three was just for you!

Indeed, That episode was awesome too, great acting by Karen. Do we ever get how Old Amy became so knowledgeable on timey wimey stuff like consequences of messing timestreams, how to create her own sonic probe etc, I'm guessing the interface helped her.

Also, maybe just because I watched it in HD today, but Karen was beautiful today in both episodes (not trying to be sexist here, just remarking her face was radiant, just sayingl)
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I now think it was always the next Doctor as he would represent the end of 11's tenure. Now we know it's Peter Capaldi's Doctor.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    I now think it was always the next Doctor as he would represent the end of 11's tenure. Now we know it's Peter Capaldi's Doctor.

That would imply that Matt's Doctor knew what a future incarnation would look like but has that ever happened before? David's Doctor didn't recognise Matt's Doctor in the anniversary episode and the War Doctor thought the pair of them were companions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's actually two points of interest in this episode right, Who was in his room (Possibly War Doctor) but also, what was it the Doctor put his faith in, only those with faith were affected by the Minotaur.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    There's actually two points of interest in this episode right, Who was in his room (Possibly War Doctor) but also, what was it the Doctor put his faith in, only those with faith were affected by the Minotaur.

The TARDIS?
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Good point. Maybe not the next Doctor as such then, but something that represents 11's end. His TARDIS with a cracked window? Something he knows belongs on Trenzalore?

It leads me to wonder just exactly when did he learn he will die on Trenzalore?

Why does the TARDIS have a cracked window after its fall and is it significant? Seems to be a clue to something, especially as we're shown 11 noticing it and looking concerned and the giant, dead TARDIS also had a cracked window. I didn't notice the cracked window in the 50th. Just a continuity gaff or something significant?

I don't think it was the War Doctor. In 'verse: I don't see why he would be afraid of him. Real world: it seems unlikely that the Moff had thought of him at that stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I'm about to make this up, don't flame me, it's just an idea right and I can't sleep .....

Why did the Hartnell incarnation have his granddaughter as his companion. The only explanation that i can think of is that his children (Susans' parents) and his wife were dead, why else would a grandad be acting as a guardian to their granddaughter?

Maybe they were killed by an alien race, or by an evil timelord (not the Master, someone older) i reckon this person was in his room, and it is his family or their memory which keeps him going, gives him faith. Also my story doesn't make sense unless the murderer also died before he left Gallifrey, else he would have spent his lives hunting them down. Instead he took the name 'The Doctor' he wanted to go explore and help people, give them the help his family didnt get on Gallifrey and also he got disillusioned with timelord society and their indifference to his situation.

Oh wait, I've just confused Dr Who with Patrick Jane, The Mentalist. Yup Red John was in his room. :D