POLL: What is your favourite David Tennant story?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Blink". It introduces the Weeping Angels, and it heavily plays with time travel. I really love it when scrips play with time travel. It's just awesome.

"Midnight" for a close second. It's very rare we get to see the Doctor put in a position where is absolutely powerless. Seeing him failing, against a creature that he knows nothing about, It's defiantly one of the more memorable stories of the series.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with the Smith era, when Tennant's episodes were good, they were unbelievably good.

Christmas Invasion is just a fun romp of an episode, but you have to remember... it was extremly make or break. To introduce a new Doctor so soon after just getting people used to the last one... this simply HAD to work. Thankfully, Tennant was more than up for the challenge, RTD doing a superb job of making us practically begging the Doctor to wake up and save the day. It deserves praise for this alone, but is also a very good episode in its own right.

Series 2... I'm not a big fan of, but special mention to Impossible Planet/Satan Pit. I love dark stories like this, especially those that challenge the Doctor's fundamental beliefs to the core. The Doctor vs Satan sounds like a brilliant idea, but there's just so many ways it can go wrong. Here, they keep it just the right amount of ambiguous, and it works. Love & Monsters is a solid idea for an episode, but by God... NOT a fan. Army of Ghosts/Doomsday... fun episodes all round, and the Rose ending is well done.

It's series 3 when I think Tennant's era really starts to shine. Smith & Jones remains one of my favourite companion introduction episodes; Moffat was damn right to defend this one. Gridlock I enjoy for that one scene at the end: "I lied to you." One of Tennant's best performances. And, of course, Human Nature/Family of Blood. Incredible. Again, down to Tennant.

Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords I consider a guilty pleasure. They are very cheesy and at times ridiculously silly, but there's a lot to like as well. John Simm owns the role of the Master, when he's allowed to reign it in. Seeing Jack again was good payoff to the whole of series 1 of Torchwood. And I like how the Master looks like he's winning, right up until the last moment.

Series 4 is the best for me. I enjoy pretty much every episode. Special mention to the Sontaron 2 parter, and Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, which, especially now Matt's era is finished, serves as both a prologue AND epilogue to Doc 11. Only in Doctor Who, eh.

Turn Left is possibly in my top 5, though I don't think it can really get the top vote because Tennant, urm, is barley in it. But bloody hell, is this episode good. Catherine Tate is just excellent in this, and more than put her critics to shame. And, of course, Stolen Earth/Journey's End... just bundles of fun. Cross-overs are always a laugh, even if the episode itself is pretty crap, but thankfully, Stolen Earth delivers.

I'd go for Stolen Earth I think. But, again, a lot to love.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'm a Tennant Fan! So I loved all of them. But I voted for Unicorn & The Wasp as it was a fun-filled who-dunnit with my favourite companion Donna. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Donna was no doubt my favorite companion but my favorite episode is The Girl in the Fireplace. Madame De Pompadour's death was so heartbreaking but so beautiful. Kind of like when Astrid died. I could watch it everyday :)