Samuel Anderson is the new male companion

124»

Comments

• johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Given the in-jokes established in the last episodes about the Doctor being Clara's boyfriend, do we think we'll have a reverse Martha/Mickey/Rory situation, with the Doctor being jealous of him taking her attention?

Or will he be playing the disapproving father?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Given the in-jokes established in the last episodes about the Doctor being Clara's boyfriend, do we think we'll have a reverse Martha/Mickey/Rory situation, with the Doctor being jealous of him taking her attention?

Or will he be playing the disapproving father?

Not sure to be honest. Possible.

I also think Clara and Danny will be friends first then get involved romantically as the series progresses, so a different take to Rose/Mickey and Amy/Rory then.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,244
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I posted a link above to some scenes they were both in. He doesn't seem like a pushover type of guy which is encouraging.
    Although that was just a role he was playing. If moffat has written his character as an obsessive near-stalker type, lovesick fool, who run's around after Clara like her lapdog just so she'll notice him, then that's what the character will be.

I know he probably will be cool, just saying it's hard to judge on past roles when each is a different character. Much in the same way that 12 will not be Malcolm Tucker with two hearts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Oh please...for the love of all that's holy, do NOT make this guy Clara's love interest. PLEASE. I can't deal with another Amy-and-Rory situation.

Don't get me wrong, I really cherished Amy and Rory as characters, but towards the end of their time with the Doctor, the writers got more than a little heavy-handed with their love for one another. Every other episode crammed the intensity of Amy's love for Rory (or vice versa) down the viewers' throats. By the time The Angels Take Manhattan rolled around, I wasn't as sorry to see them go as I thought I would be. I just needed a break from the sappiness of it all.

Who knows? Maybe Danny Pink will be a really interesting character and I'll get to like him like I did Rory. But I don't agree with the idea of making him a love interest for Clara, especially if they're trying to use Danny as a way to keep the whiny Tennant/Smith fans placated because Peter Capaldi isn't the young stud they were hoping for. Having Clara become interested in a new guy after Capaldi takes the stage as the Doctor will paint her as being rather shallow, as she has been written as being quite taken with the Doctor while Matt Smith was in the role.

And, fine...if Danny Pink MUST be Clara's new love interest, let it start slowly and realistically, and for God's sake, don't make it a major focus of the new season. This is supposed to be Peter Capaldi's time in the spotlight; he shouldn't have to share it with another budding couple.
    Forum Member
    Again, comparing a Clara/Danny relationship to Amy/Rory smacks of laziness and those hoping he's not dating, I think you're going to be disappointed.

As long as he's an interesting character in his own right, it really doesn't matter if Danny and Clara do end up together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be wearing a pink shirt in the filming pics. Perhaps 'Pink' is a semi-affectionate nickname given to him by the Doctor? :D
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given Moffat's previous form a distinctive name like 'Pink' screams 'plot point' to me. It could well tie in to some theme.
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More things based round Coal Hill school.

If there isn't an 'Ian' cameo I reckon there'll be fisticuffs...
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what subject Danny will be teaching?:confused:
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope he doesn't meet a sticky end. Doctors freinds do have a habit of getttig into danger. Allways some nasty allien/creature who wants to either eat you or blow you to smithereens !.
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    I wonder what subject Danny will be teaching?:confused:

I've been wondering that too. We know Clara's an English teacher, but not what Danny teaches.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I've been wondering that too. We know Clara's an English teacher, but not what Danny teaches.

What's the betting it's History or Science? :D
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    What's the betting it's History or Science? :D

Could be. Could be something like maths or art.

It'll be fun speculating until we know though:)
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Could be. Could be something like maths or art.

It'll be fun speculating until we know though:)

The reason I say History or Science is because that was what Susan's teachers taught in the early days. They are also, of course, the most useful subjects to have a knowledge of when travelling with the Doctor!