Options

Rebecca is the champion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still not sure about her at the moment! I still haven't warmed to her, and I am not too keen on her singing voice... one of my least favourite contestants.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    She really is fantastic. :)

She really is fantastic:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was so sweet when she gave that shoutout! I want to like her as a singer too, but despite her distinctive tone she's not very good, at least not yet.

I don't think people are mistaking understated vocals for average vocals when they say she's average, she really is just average. I love understated singers when they sing with emotion and make that special connection. Rebecca doesn't manage to do that, and her voice often warbles and shakes and she sounds like she's mumbling - obviously due to nerves.

I think she has potential to be great because she's gifted with a wonderful tone, is likable and has great style, but she needs a lot of help and a lot of work get there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's my favourite this year. Love her style and her voice. I agree she needs some work on her vocals but it's all there, just needs nurturing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Not average at all - She has the vulnerability of Billie Holiday, but she also has an effortless power when she needs it. I could listen to her all day. She doesn't need to belt out every note like Mary or Katie tonight.

Did you really just compare her to Billie Holiday? Good Lord no, she is not of the same standard. She should not in the same sentence as the legend that is Billie Holiday.

Like I said before. Bleating sheep.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the OP reckons Matt is boring? What on earth does Rebecca have personality and performance wise that Matt doesn't?

Don't get me wrong, I like them both, I just think if one's boring then the other one certainly is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's sort of under the radar in the same way that Joe was last year, but I don't think she has a strong enough voice to win, none of her performances have been incredible for me so far, just good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    ...a musical education wouldn't go a miss though ;)

It's big of you to admit it. Not many would.
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This years Stacey...
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I'm a fan of her voice, I want to like it but I just don't
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca a victim of poor mentoring and stylists vocal and dress on the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    Rebecca a victim of poor mentoring and stylists vocal and dress on the show.

her singing ain't that great either.

and she is hardly oozing personality.
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her singing ain't that great either.

and she is hardly oozing personality.

I thought higher until I utubed the late Great Sam Cooke's version of changes are gonna come and realised the difference. However I like her best of all the contestants but could style her and work on her vocals better than the overpaid team they have that are appalling. Poor Beccs.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's big of you to admit it. Not many would.

what are you, 7?

believe me..i don't need a musical education. i've many years of experience under my belt. massive music collection of cd's and vinyl from all genres and a hifi that probably costs more than everything else i own put together. i know my stuff..

you on the other hand my good fellow are clearly clueless.

"average" hmmm whatever you say. now what was it simon said...wasn't average i know that...umm..oh yeah that's right he said "now that's a recording voice".